X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 DIII News, Game Notes, Etc

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
    Development takes place at all levels
    Development of the basic skills to play hockey takes place at the younger levels. Refinement of those skills takes place later. Are you saying, put all of the "higher quality players" in one area will improve development of skills, even refinement of skills? Or, are you referring to winning? I read every post on this forum and it seems when people talk about "development" they are really referring to winning. I understand it is basic human nature to fall back to that. I'm not going to join in the US/Canada debate as I believe both have good things to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
      Development of the basic skills to play hockey takes place at the younger levels. Refinement of those skills takes place later. Are you saying, put all of the "higher quality players" in one area will improve development of skills, even refinement of skills? Or, are you referring to winning? I read every post on this forum and it seems when people talk about "development" they are really referring to winning. I understand it is basic human nature to fall back to that. I'm not going to join in the US/Canada debate as I believe both have good things to offer.
      I'm talking skills development. The more you play and the more you play at/with higher skill levels, the more you develop. Basic skills are learned earlier, I agree. Skills continue to develop throughout careers. It doesn't stop when minor hockey stops. When you water down the pool, the overall product diminishes. That's why D3 has become little more than a 4-5 team league. I also agree with you that "both have good things to offer".

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
        I'm talking skills development. The more you play and the more you play at/with higher skill levels, the more you develop. Basic skills are learned earlier, I agree. Skills continue to develop throughout careers. It doesn't stop when minor hockey stops. When you water down the pool, the overall product diminishes. That's why D3 has become little more than a 4-5 team league. I also agree with you that "both have good things to offer".
        lol you are truly clueless...but the fact you can spell is a plus for a canadian....you can't keep trying to argue that "development" takes place in college...in womens hockey...at the D-3 level!!!!...you just sound like a total idiot. [please stay in canada...they have a great women's college program..lol].

Fact: The game is grown and development occurs in the youth level. God ur stupid. aroookaaakoooooocachoookaaa choooooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
          lol you are truly clueless...but the fact you can spell is a plus for a canadian....you can't keep trying to argue that "development" takes place in college...in womens hockey...at the D-3 level!!!!...you just sound like a total idiot. [please stay in canada...they have a great women's college program..lol].

Fact: The game is grown and development occurs in the youth level. God ur stupid. aroookaaakoooooocachoookaaa choooooo!
          Pot, meet kettle. FACT: You are a true moron! Peckerchecker must be your best butt bud.

I would say the vast majority of former players would say they got better in college from their first day to their last no matter if they played D1, D2, or D3. It doesn't matter what you call it; development, improvement, growing their Hockey IQ, having their game evolve, becoming more of a team player, or just getting better in any number of varying aspects of their game. The reailty is you get better while you are playing in college. To state otherwise is pure ignorance and you are blissfully ignorant. As a college hockey player you're working out year-round more rigorously than ever and during the season you're on the ice 6 days a week! You can't help but get better just by showing up each day. You obviously never played any sport at a higher level than your high school but that's ok. It doesn't really matter if you can understand or not. The rest of us get it.
          Last edited by shelfit; 01-24-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• 1-0 Plattsburgh after the first period at Amherst. Is the Amherst play-by-play guy an Aussie?! Makes for an enjoyable broadcast.
            Last edited by shelfit; 01-24-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
              Pot, meet kettle. FACT: You are a true moron! Peckerchecker must be your best butt bud.

I would say the vast majority of former players would say they got better in college from their first day to their last no matter if they played D1, D2, or D3. It doesn't matter what you call it; development, improvement, growing their Hockey IQ, having their game evolve, becoming more of a team player, or just getting better in any number of varying aspects of their game. The reailty is you get better while you are playing in college. To state otherwise is pure ignorance and you are blissfully ignorant. As a college hockey player you're working out year-round more rigorously than ever and during the season you're on the ice 6 days a week! You can't help but get better just by showing up each day. You obviously never played any sport at a higher level than your high school but that's ok. It doesn't really matter if you can understand or not. The rest of us get it.
              Well stated. Thank you!!

Comment

A very good 3rd period for Amherst. Plattsburgh was buzzing in the OT and forced Plaman to make saves right up to the last second. The game ends in a 2-2 tie.
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                  A very good 3rd period for Amherst. Plattsburgh was buzzing in the OT and forced Plaman to make saves right up to the last second. The game ends in a 2-2 tie.
                  Wow. That’s interesting. Is Amherst that good or was Plattsburgh a little off? Haven’t seen Amherst play so appreciate your perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                    Well stated. Thank you!!
                    You're very welcome. I figure the crazies seem to stick together, so those of us that are still sane should also stick together.

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                      You're very welcome. I figure the crazies seem to stick together, so those of us that are still sane should also stick together.
                      That’s why I stopped replying to that thread. Can’t have a reasoned discussion with some folks. Glad you tried.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                        Wow. That’s interesting. Is Amherst that good or was Plattsburgh a little off? Haven’t seen Amherst play so appreciate your perspective.
                        Amherst is certainly a tough team and talented. They were down on an early goal and hung in there defensively despite being out-shot all game and it put them in a position to score on the power play to make it 2-1 and then their best forward Alex Toupal got off a great goal to tie.

Plattsburgh wasn't firing on all cylinders. They'd seemed to have gotten their offensive lines straightened out this month and then top 6 RW Meghan Kraus suffered an injury and she was definitely missed last night both offensively and defensively. And all season long their defense as a team hasn't looked as solid as it has in years past, even though they do have the second best scoring defense in the NCAA. I think that's mostly due to inexperience as they have a lot of new or inexperienced faces on the blue line. They've given up 8 third period goals so far this season which matches what the 2014 and 2016 each allowed all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                          Amherst is certainly a tough team and talented. They were down on an early goal and hung in there defensively despite being out-shot all game and it put them in a position to score on the power play to make it 2-1 and then their best forward Alex Toupal got off a great goal to tie.

Plattsburgh wasn't firing on all cylinders. They'd seemed to have gotten their offensive lines straightened out this month and then top 6 RW Meghan Kraus suffered an injury and she was definitely missed last night both offensively and defensively. And all season long their defense as a team hasn't looked as solid as it has in years past, even though they do have the second best scoring defense in the NCAA. I think that's mostly due to inexperience as they have a lot of new or inexperienced faces on the blue line. They've given up 8 third period goals so far this season which matches what the 2014 and 2016 each allowed all season.

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like Amherst is the real deal. I saw the third period of the Norwich Plattsburgh game and I thought the final score flattered Norwich (even in a loss) so it seems to me Amherst may not be too far off that level.

Comment

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like Amherst is the real deal. I saw the third period of the Norwich Plattsburgh game and I thought the final score flattered Norwich (even in a loss) so it seems to me Amherst may not be too far off that level.
                            Norwich beat Amherst in a very close game earlier this year. It was earlier on in their season though with the later start. It appears Amherst is trending up with their results against Elmira and Plattsburgh lately.

Big couple of mid week games coming up with Plattsburgh at Middlebury and Middlebury at Norwich over the next two weeks.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post

Perhaps some get MARGINALLY better while in college [and I'd still debate that...many girls hit their peak well before they turn 21 or 22, and are actually going backwards by the time they finish college...stats will bear me out on that too].

The point is, importing [at real $$ cost] some marginal Canadian 'talent' to play D3 women's hockey... is simply ridiculous. And in no way benefits anyone [other than a few free-loading canucks]

Comment

In most sports, there always seems to be a team or two that year-in and year-out gives another team a real battle every time they play. Amherst against Plattsburgh is one of these. They have always been a burr in Platty's saddle, so this game was no surprise.

Comment

Working...
                                X