Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHN Mobile App

CHN Mobile App

Does anyone using the College Hockey News App know why they don't have any standings, stats or news anymore?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: CHN Mobile App

Quote Originally Posted by rustedblades View Post
    Does anyone using the College Hockey News App know why they don't have any standings, stats or news anymore?

They were slow last year to start the season to give stats and standing. They usually get them on eventually.
    MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.

My CHN app is working fine. I deleted the app just as the season started and then re-loaded it. That fixed the problem for me.
    Last edited by potternmu; 10-15-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Works fine for me. Try deleting/reinstalling, or updating the app if you haven't done that already.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I get live scores and team rosters fine. Standings tab is blank and stats tab doesn't show up? It shows loading all when I first open the app?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. I get live scores and team rosters fine. Standings tab is blank and stats tab doesn't show up? It shows loading all when I first open the app?

You might want to email the developer. They may be able to help. androidhelp@collegehockeynews.com

I'm having the same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have blank standings and no news.

Are there any other good apps for following college hockey? Especially live scores and stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Game0n View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still have blank standings and no news.

Are there any other good apps for following college hockey? Especially live scores and stats?
    The live scores portion of my CHN App works perfectly and to me is the best source to see all D1 College Hockey schedule / scores in one place. The setup is really nice / clean.

I emailed the developer as suggested previously, I will post if I get a reply.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Game0n View Post

USCHO has an app, but it's not as convenient/intuitive for use as the CHN app.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

The live scores portion of my CHN App works perfectly and to me is the best source to see all D1 College Hockey schedule / scores in one place. The setup is really nice / clean.

I agree, the live scores are great. I would like to see live score sheets and box scores, though. I use the USHL app to follow that league, and their live score sheet is nice to keep track of who is scoring, +/-, etc

Ha, I just emailed them complaining about the same issue. It seems like the app is abandoned, it hasn't been updated since Oct 28th, 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mankato student
    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
    -- Peter Klein

Quote Originally Posted by ts8801 View Post
    Ha, I just emailed them complaining about the same issue. It seems like the app is abandoned, it hasn't been updated since Oct 28th, 2015.
    Did the email state they will update the app? I hope so, I like that app.

Quote Originally Posted by Wi.Huskies Fan View Post
    Did the email state they will update the app? I hope so, I like that app.
    https://twitter.com/chnews/status/920471169563877376

is it just android? Works fine on my ipad and iphone (6)

Well the live scores were a mess this weekend. Had NMU 4 - WI 1 all night last night. So like a dufus I was telling everyone NMU swept WI only to find out NMU lost. Wonder what other score were messed up!

Well the live scores were a mess this weekend. Had NMU 4 - WI 1 all night last night. So like a dufus I was telling everyone NMU swept WI only to find out NMU lost. Wonder what other score were messed up!

It also had the UCONN vs BU game listed as a 7:00 start even though it was a 5:00 game. And naturally, there weren't any live scores for that game - had to get updates on Twitter

Saw a tweet from Adam. The Apple version is fine. The repaired android version will be rolled out in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Saw a tweet from Adam. The Apple version is fine. The repaired android version will be rolled out in the next few weeks.
    The tweet was followed by several comments from Apple users saying it was not fine.
    I know nothing about app development but I don't understand how an app that was very good on my android last season doesn't work this season. Can't you just put the old version back in place until you work out the bugs on the new?

The tweet was followed by several comments from Apple users saying it was not fine.
    I know nothing about app development but I don't understand how an app that was very good on my android last season doesn't work this season. Can't you just put the old version back in place until you work out the bugs on the new?

New operating systems will sometimes break apps. So, you can't just put an old version back in place.

I don't know about anyone else, but the USCHO app gave me live scores just fine. Just saying...
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

I have an iphone and have had no problems with the app.

Thread Information