This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

I'll go further: you don't think Fox News is biased? Or CNN? If you really think that......sorry, the joke's on you.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A two year old power company, with just two employees, based in Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's hometown, was just awarded a $300 Million contract to be the sole company tasked with restoring power throughout Puerto Rico.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...f98_story.html

Also, per their submittal, they'll be billing the government for each employee at a rate of almost $300 per hour.

And most likely subcontracting the work out and paying their subs pennies on the dollar.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

really at the end of the day that is nothing compared to Equifax getting that no bid irs security gig couple weeks ago
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I'll go further: you don't think Fox News is biased? Or CNN? If you really think that......sorry, the joke's on you.
          news is read by humans. can't help it.

Comment

did we miss this? hilarious this is quite awesome in the depth and scope of idiocy

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09...kening-racism/

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              did we miss this? hilarious this is quite awesome in the depth and scope of idiocy

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/09...kening-racism/
              mookie get news from The Blaze. mookie rethink life choices.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Uh, no.
                I think Brent hit the nail on the head.

Bias is in the eye of the beholder. Fake is a matter of objectively verifiable truth. The MSM does have some bias. Fox has no bias per se --
                nothing about is an accident, it is all scripted to The Bottom Line. Fox is purely created content -- truth no more enters into it than in a novel. This is consistent with their dual mission both as the public relations department of the GOP and as a veal fattening pen to collect saps to sell useless stuff to.

Fox isn't a news network, it's a theater. The business model of a theater is you attract people with an entertainment product (the movie) in order to cordon them off so you can then sell them garbage (candy, drinks). Fox is attracting people by reflecting back to them their bigotries and myths in the guise of "news" so they feel good about themselves. They are conveying a high. Then they make the money spent to pay for the actors and scripts back by selling advertisers all those eyeballs, and the advertisers sell all the usual TV dreck (cars, beer) in addition to products tailored to the specific self-selected audience (guns, survivalist woo, God Inc. trinkets, knuck knick knacks and books).

Fox' only unique move was to simply call their falsehoods "news." Fox isn't "biased" at all -- they are a deliberate delivery mechanism reflecting back the viewer's self as if it was objective. They were twitter before twitter existed. Every Fox viewer is a little version of Dump, seeing everything in the world as a mirror of his narcissism.
                Last edited by Kepler; 10-24-2017, 06:53 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Uh, no.
                  Realizing that Every word you read is biased, from a Slate opinion piece to a meatloaf recipe, is a required understanding of adulthood. There’s no avoiding bias.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    I think Brent hit the nail on the head.

Bias is in the eye of the beholder.
                    I'm not fully agreeing with you and Brent. Sure, it's biased. But putting CNN and Fox as equally biased is total BS, as far as I'm concerned.

My reference is looking at the rest of the media around the world, and seeing what message they are all saying. Fox and MNSBC are the most biased channels. CNN is only labeled as bias as it's got the gall to publish stories calling out dump and Fox. Which are largely backed up by reports from BBC and NPR. Normal NBC is exactly the same. dump declared open war against the media. So unless they are kissing is poop, like fox and the other really odd ball channels, he sees them as against him personally.

Too many world media researches and prints stories that CNN, NBC, and most of the media all agree with- which puts them far more center than that biased. They just look biased to dump and his stinking pile of crap that follow him because they are lost in the fox fellacio.

So, yes, bias is in the eye of the beholder. But there's also a measure of listening to all of the news the best you can to see which grains of facts are followed the most. Fox isn't one of them. CNN is far more likely to be.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Putting CNN and Fox as equally biased is total BS, as far as I'm concerned.

Yep

There's a difference between leaning in a direction and being an active propaganda arm of a party.

Yet another in a long line of false equivalencies.

Comment

So, I wonder what it's like to go out and campaign against bullying knowing that you married the biggest bully in the yard?
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          I'm not fully agreeing with you and Brent. Sure, it's biased. But putting CNN and Fox as equally biased is total BS, as far as I'm concerned.

My reference is looking at the rest of the media around the world, and seeing what message they are all saying. Fox and MNSBC are the most biased channels. CNN is only labeled as bias as it's got the gall to publish stories calling out dump and Fox. Which are largely backed up by reports from BBC and NPR. Normal NBC is exactly the same. dump declared open war against the media. So unless they are kissing is poop, like fox and the other really odd ball channels, he sees them as against him personally.

Too many world media researches and prints stories that CNN, NBC, and most of the media all agree with- which puts them far more center than that biased. They just look biased to dump and his stinking pile of crap that follow him because they are lost in the fox fellacio.

So, yes, bias is in the eye of the beholder. But there's also a measure of listening to all of the news the best you can to see which grains of facts are followed the most. Fox isn't one of them. CNN is far more likely to be.
                          I never said they were equally biased. I simply used them as examples of bias (FTR, I only watch CNN, because that's the only news channel I get).

And Kepler provided a good explanation of my point.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            mookie get news from The Blaze. mookie rethink life choices.
                            That is wha pops up when one opens a new innernet page in the Middle East with English. Lot of Dubai stories and stuff like this

Comment

CNN is fake news.

Comment

Zucchini

Comment

Working...
                                X