This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Fox News Poll: Roy Moore, Doug Jones neck-and-neck in Alabama Senate race. Sure would be nice if this is how it plays out on election day in Alabama. I have my doubts but it sure would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      I'm surprised that republicans even bother going this far. Why bother taking a true statement, even one badly void of the actual context in which the speech was given? Just lie. It requires no effort, and little imagination. Just say the more we lower taxes on the rich, the better off all Americans will be. trump voters will believe it. They'll eat it up like pigs scarfing on slop at the trough. trump voters are naive or stupid or know the actual truth and don't care about anything but helping the rich get richer. That's all, it's one of those three things. So just lie. trump could nuke North Korea tomorrow and tell his minions that they were about to launch a nuke that could reach Yazoo City Mississippi. None of his supporters would doubt him.
      They do lie, often. They say the US is on the right side of the Laffer Curve. They talk about taxes on the rich and corporations being "at record highs." They quote Hauser's Law, which has been debunked, as gospel truth. They even lie within conservative thought: they selectively quote Hayek (who favored labor unions and a safety net) and use only half of Rockwell and Rothbard (cutting out everything they said about corporate welfare being pure corruption).

They lie and their followers are ignorant and don't question them.
      Last edited by Kepler; 10-18-2017, 01:34 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How does the moving of itemization write-offs to the amount applied to the standard deduction benefit the rich? You have 70% of taxpayers taking the standard deduction according to taxfoundation.org, so I'd say they're getting a break by the increase.

And then you have the lie that the brackets are sawtooth-style brackets, rather than applied to specific portions of the total income (the first $xx,xxx at 10%, any excess up to $yy,yyy at 15%, etc.). Something conveniently ignored in the arguments people make about a person's effective tax rate.

Comment

The best people: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/18/po...ons/index.html

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            More White Male Christian oppression. It's everywhere.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              More White Male Christian oppression. It's everywhere.
              I don't think you fully appreciate the persecution that I can't set a gay man on fire based on my religious beliefs.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I don't think you fully appreciate the persecution that I can't set a gay man on fire based on my religious beliefs.
                If you're a Muslim and live under ISIL/ISIS/IS, you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Who's defending him? Like dx said, some context would be helpful.

You should call out dx, too. Wait, you won't because he's a liberal.
                  Apparently, despite all your protestations to the contrary, you are.

Or maybe you're "just asking the questions"?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Apparently, despite all your protestations to the contrary, you are.

Or maybe you're "just asking the questions"?
                    Thank you for proving my point I made to Brent.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      They do lie, often. They say the US is on the right side of the Laffer Curve. They talk about taxes on the rich and corporations being "at record highs." They quote Hauser's Law, which has been debunked, as gospel truth. They even lie within conservative thought: they selectively quote Hayek (who favored labor unions and a safety net) and use only half of Rockwell and Rothbard (cutting out everything they said about corporate welfare being pure corruption).

They lie and their followers are ignorant and don't question them.
                      I love that they say that if they cut the corporate rate, then corporations will take that excess money and use it to hire more people and pay better wages. Completely ignores the fact that corporate profits have been at all time highs for years now, and yet, they're not using that extra money to hire people, let alone pay higher wages.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Thank you for proving my point I made to Brent.
                        You had a point? Musta missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          I love that they say that if they cut the corporate rate, then corporations will take that excess money and use it to hire more people and pay better wages. Completely ignores the fact that corporate profits have been at all time highs for years now, and yet, they're not using that extra money to hire people, let alone pay higher wages.
                          https://www.theatlantic.com/business...ermany/260006/

They're sitting on the money already. They could jack up everyone's pay right now if they wanted.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            How does the moving of itemization write-offs to the amount applied to the standard deduction benefit the rich? You have 70% of taxpayers taking the standard deduction according to taxfoundation.org, so I'd say they're getting a break by the increase.

And then you have the lie that the brackets are sawtooth-style brackets, rather than applied to specific portions of the total income (the first $xx,xxx at 10%, any excess up to $yy,yyy at 15%, etc.). Something conveniently ignored in the arguments people make about a person's effective tax rate.
                            Obviously, you know nothing of the plan. They aren't increasing the standard deduction, at least not doubling it like they claim. They're folding the personal exemption and the standard deduction together, and then maybe increasing that by $1000 or so. But now that bottom bracket gets taxed at 12% instead of 10%, so there goes whatever extra money that increased deduction gained you. Bottom quintile gets about $60 more a year. 2 cups of coffee a month.

Comment

Daniel Dale, Toronto Star's DC correspondent, Tweets:
                              @ddale8: Sarah Sanders says it's a media "disgrace" to misportray Trump's "act of kindness," the phone call to Sgt. Johnson's widow.
                              @ddale8: Sanders now attacks Rep. Frederica Wilson as "disgusting" - though Wilson's account of the call was confirmed by Johnson's mom.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Well, Johnson's mom is disgusting too. Probably uppity too, for making such an issue of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X