X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    LOL

Until the Democratic Party understands the problem they will never solve it. And since no one ever learns anything in this country?

I rest my case.
    This makes zero sense; it's just your usual Chicken Little shtick. If we're doomed, no thought or work is required. Lazy. Sad!

The problem is not that low education whites are probably lost for another 2-3 generations to the Democratic party because they've retreated into a fundy, xenophobic, reactionary authoritarianism. Low education whites are only about 35% of the electorate. There are rural places where they are a majority, in the deep south and the prairies, and we won't win there. MS and KS are off limits. But we are competitive in the educated, urbanized, diverse 75% of the country -- in about 40% of it we are for all intents and purposes an invulnerable majority.

So low education whites can go f-ck themselves.

They can't swing an election themselves. They need the white middle class to be angry enough at the status quo to throw themselves behind an anti-establishment candidate like Dump. All we need to do is steal a march on the anti-establishment sentiment and put forward our own, liberal anti-establishment philosophy. And it already exists: economic liberalism is the cure for the plutocratic rot that has destroyed the middle class.

The problem is when we embrace the fat, senile, status quo that has been giving the 99% the shaft, we deserve to lose. That's what Hillary represented to the vast majority of Americans. We didn't lose that election because of the Deplorables -- the Deplorables were a steady factor during the Obama elections too. We lost because the status quo, which has been very, very good for me personally, has been terrible for most of the middle class. The non-white middle class have no choice; they have to keep backing the Dems because the Republicans are racist f-cks. But the white middle class does have a choice, and last time they exercised it. 2016 was proof that the Founders' vision works.

We just have to be on the right side of history, which is to burn down the plutes like we did in 1932. That's how we can sweep not just the federal elections but those 75% of the states as well. We have a huge advantage in numbers, but we p-ss it away because the party is being held prisoner by Roverman Sachsism.
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-11-2017, 11:29 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

McCain is the equivalent of Trump?

That's the same idiotic thought process that made some people stay home from the poles coz "Hillary is crooked too. What's the difference?"

Comment

Good thing nobody said that.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Hahahah JFC Rover. So it's ok to vote for the candidate who would undoubtedly have set the country back much further than it currently is now because he's not overtly racist (though his running mate certainly was), just all of his policies are. OK.

It's pretty obvious that those were protest votes by irrational people. It's just that HRC has twice as many of them yourself included.
          He didnt say it was ok he said he understood it. (so do I since in 2008 he was closer to being a Centrist in most peoples minds still which is exactly where Clinton was) If you were a Dem that supported Joe Lieberman for example voting for McCain would not be out of character at all. (and not just cause Joe supported McCain either) Lets not forget that had McCain won the GOP Primary in 2000 Florida doesnt matter as most likely McCain wins going away over Gore. He was liked on both sides of the aisle. (still is respected on both sides)

You are looking in hindsight, you need to remember how things were at the time. Obama was the outsider and McCain was establishment. Why the hell would a Centrist Democrat not consider voting for McCain? Why wouldnt those that support the banks?

No one is saying they should do that, but I doubt most pundits or people within the DNC were surprised by that at all.

Whereas in this case Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have nothing in common. Susan Sarandan and the Bernie Bros voting for her is just ridiculous. None of his policies match up, none of his beliefs match up nor does the rhetoric. The only thing they have in common is neither is a party loyalist. Bernie Bros, if they wanted to make a statement, should have voted for Jill Stein. She may be a crackpot loony who isnt fit to run for Class President but at least she parallels Bernie on some things.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There is a huge difference between Jill Stein liberals and Bernie Sanders liberals. Conflating them is a strategy to delegitimize all liberals so the banks can keep raping us. Leave that game to Rover; he's emotionally committed to it and he's been practicing for years now.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Look Handy you can try to rationalize voting for McCain as a protest vote but really it's not significantly better. After how many years of Iraq war and an economy that went completely to s*** under Bush, doubling down on his stupid policies and further deregulating the economy would've set this country waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay further back than it currently is and I don't think you can deny that. And that was incredibly obvious at the time. And yes McCain is closer to being a centrist than Mango Mussolini but that doesn't mean he isn't your prototypical neo conservative whose policies are extremely harmful especially when you consider the context of the financial crisis and what state the country was in at the time. If you protest voted for McCain now maybe you have a point but back then it was incredibly irresponsible just like voting for Trump today. I think there's a case to be made that McCain getting elected in 2008 would've had far greater negative impact on this country than Trump getting elected now (I guess we'll see, fortunately he hasn't gotten much done so far).

And I absolutely agree that the dumb Bernie bros who voted for Trump deserve to be admonished, no argument there.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-11-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                And I absolutely agree that the dumb Bernie bros who voted for Trump deserve to be admonished, no argument there.
                Do we know how many there really were? Is there a good source? My intuition is this is a completely fabricated group, but I am willing to be proven wrong. This says 12% but a better study is needed.

More importantly, the significant question was on race (as in, these voters don't acknowledge white privilege), so these Sanders supporters sound like populists, not liberals.

I doubt any Sanders liberals voted for Trump, but like I said, a better study is needed.
                Last edited by Kepler; 10-11-2017, 11:44 AM.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Do we know how many there really were? Is there a good source? My intuition is this is a completely fabricated group, but I am willing to be proven wrong.
                  There has to be some crossover between people who wanted an "outsider" and people who also knew Stein was a vote into a black hole.

It's been almost a year and Rover is still obsessed with Hillary. Did William Jennings Bryan supporters go on and on like this back in the day? It's like going on and on about the 90's Bills.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Do we know how many there really were? Is there a good source? My intuition is this is a completely fabricated group, but I am willing to be proven wrong. This says 12% but a better study is needed.

More importantly, the significant question was on race (as in, these voters don't acknowledge white privilege), so these Sanders supporters sound like populists, not liberals.

I doubt any Sanders liberals voted for Trump, but like I said, a better study is needed.
                    The 12% is what I've seen quoted I honestly don't know the source of it or how well the study was conducted. I assume that's probably it though.

Comment

No, they just stayed home and cried like little babies.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Again, blaming people at the individual level for her losing to a complete clown in what should've been a toss up lets the people at the top of the food chain off the hook far too easily and is like the equivalent of blaming "people who spent too much" for the financial crisis. The people at the top are far more responsible and have far more influence in terms of what voters as a whole do than voters who independently cast their ballots.

But good thing the party listened to what people wanted/learned and gave us Tom Perez who didn't hit any of his fundraising goals!

Comment

There is no excuse for the Kep's of the world to have voted FOR Trump. Think about it, even if they'd stayed home they would have done less damage! You people will carry that stink with you for the rest of your lives. Let this be a lesson to everyone else.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yeah I'm sure Kep voted for Trump

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              No, they just stayed home and cried like little babies.
                              Did they? I haven't seen any study that said they did that, either. I didn't, anyway.
                              Cornell University

Comment

TPM says Trumpy was apparently shown a chart similar to this one.

https://dawm7kda6y2v0.cloudfront.net.../stockpile.jpg

We all know Trumpy likes charts and graphs, but being as he's from the business world, and pretty much a dim bulb, all he sees is a chart where the line is plummeting. Now, there are reasons why the nuclear weapons numbers are plummeting, like SALT treaties from the 70's, and more subsequent non-proliferation treaties, not to mention that today's nuclear weapons are far more capable than they were in the 60's and 70's.

But a not too bright businessman looks at a chart like that and just sees falling numbers, falling sales, falling profits. And things that fall are bad, right? Success means those lines need to be rising, those numbers need to be growing. No matter what those numbers represent.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X