• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Be very careful Hillary.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...al-assault?amp
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Jesus, I wish she'd just disappear.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Yeah. Truth doesn't fly in this ****ed up country.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          Yup. Congress sucks, except for my guy. Everybody else votes the wrong way but certainly not me.
          you just summed up'd the pulse of the nation. seriously
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            saw that on tv the other day and started laughing out loud. peeps in the restaurant stared at mookie
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

My coworkers.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Promise you will never leave me, Onion.

Comment

kid in my SS class today talking about his AP Gov class. They are supposed to discuss. He says 2/3 of class are spouting Infowars/Breibart stuff as fact and the teacher makes no effort to encourage fact checking, critical thinking at all. Not the stuff that could be opinion but things that are misinformation/proven to be false. Yikes. No wonder we have a whole generation of people who can't discern fact from fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    kid in my SS class today talking about his AP Gov class. They are supposed to discuss. He says 2/3 of class are spouting Infowars/Breibart stuff as fact and the teacher makes no effort to encourage fact checking, critical thinking at all. Not the stuff that could be opinion but things that are misinformation/proven to be false. Yikes. No wonder we have a whole generation of people who can't discern fact from fiction.
                    I'm sure if the teacher fact-checked the parents would have him fired for "bias."

The actual political correctness in this country has always been public institutions bending over backwards to accommodate the idiocy of the reactionary right.

The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- A Cult of Ignorance, Isaac Asimov; January 21, 1980
                    Cornell University

Comment

Tillerson said "Diplomacy with North Korea will continue until the first bombs drop". That both makes me happy and scared at the same time...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I have started to become numb. There is nothing I can do other than be vocal. It is like watching a train that is heading for the cliff but you are too far away to stop it. This isn't the country I grew up in and it certainly isn't the country I want to have my kid be an adult in. I don't want to be an adult in it. In the last weeks there have been so many things that are wrong headed and embarrassing it is overwhelming. There are no issues left where we still hold the moral high ground on. Healthcare, care of the needy, the children, the poor, the elderly, the LGBTQ community, people of color, people who are refugees, women, (I know I am missing something) all have taken a hit in the last weeks. Color me niave but I never, ever, thought that one man could do so much to destroy the country's moral fabric while others watched or applauded. Esp those who claim they have Christian values. Pretty sure Jesus would have a conniption fit over their belief they are righteous. Part of me is glad the people who will suffer the most from the dismantling of the social net are the folks who are the most ignorant and are applauding the loudest but that feels kind of dirty. Their states already are at the bottom of the barrel for most measures.

Comment

I have started to become numb. There is nothing I can do other than be vocal. It is like watching a train that is heading for the cliff but you are too far away to stop it. This isn't the country I grew up in and it certainly isn't the country I want to have my kid be an adult in. I don't want to be an adult in it. In the last weeks there have been so many things that are wrong headed and embarrassing it is overwhelming. There are no issues left where we still hold the moral high ground on. Healthcare, care of the needy, the children, the poor, the elderly, the LGBTQ community, people of color, people who are refugees, women, (I know I am missing something) all have taken a hit in the last weeks. Color me niave but I never, ever, thought that one man could do so much to destroy the country's moral fabric while others watched or applauded. Esp those who claim they have Christian values. Pretty sure Jesus would have a conniption fit over their belief they are righteous. Part of me is glad the people who will suffer the most from the dismantling of the social net are the folks who are the most ignorant and are applauding the loudest but that feels kind of dirty. Their states already are at the bottom of the barrel for most measures.
                          A big part of the reason I stopped following any organized religion is because much of the time, the followers (or the religion itself) contradicts their own beliefs. It's sick.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            A big part of the reason I stopped following any organized religion is because much of the time, the followers (or the religion itself) contradicts their own beliefs. It's sick.
                            With most things, when you organize a human activity you severely derp it down (political parties, philosophy clubs, book readings, poetry societies). Organized religion is the most glaring example.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              It’s not one man, though. Trump is the visible, festering boil that was given rise to by a long-term underlying infection. The good news is that we can now lance that boil and treat the wound... or we can watch it turn gangrenous and kill the patient/country. I say we impeach and cleanse. In the long run it’ll be good.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Part of me is glad the people who will suffer the most from the dismantling of the social net are the folks who are the most ignorant and are applauding the loudest but that feels kind of dirty. Their states already are at the bottom of the barrel for most measures.
                                Read today that nine of the ten states that will see the most people negatively affected by trump's most recent attack on ObamaCare are states that went solidly for trump last November.

My first choice would be that no American suffer from the fact we elected the most dangerously unqualified president in our history. But since he is the most dangerously unqualified president we've ever had, people are going to suffer. So if that's the case I am gleefully happy that many of them, and in some cases most of them, will be the people who most loudly supported him. Bring them to me and I will laugh at them and point out their stupidity to them. The only way they are deserving of my sympathy is if they honestly admit they were wrong. And even then I'm not so sure because their votes put us in this place and all of the signs were there that a vote for trump was a vote for chaos and suffering.

Comment

Working...
                                X