X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Continue.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by Rover
    Still not sure all those Bernie voters should have voted FOR Trump though, thus putting him over the top in key states....
    And again, Hillary voters voted for Obama's opponent at twice the rate and it didn't cost him the election. Hmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      And again, Hillary voters voted for Obama's opponent at twice the rate and it didn't cost him the election. Hmmm.....
      All of that may not matter. If Ohio is lost to the Dems forever (I believe it is) and Michigan cares more about the National Anthem then clean water (I believe they do) no candidate is ever going to coalesce the left factions in a manner to get them the Electoral College. They'll win the popular vote again though. Easily.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        All of that may not matter. If Ohio is lost to the Dems forever (I believe it is) and Michigan cares more about the National Anthem then clean water (I believe they do) no candidate is ever going to coalesce the left factions in a manner to get them the Electoral College. They'll win the popular vote again though. Easily.
        Well the Dems had a candidate win both WI and Michigan in the primary but it wasn't the one who won it all unfortunately.

I think this article highlights a lot of the issues and it was written in 2000 after Bush "won" against Gore in FL. It's funny how the dems really haven't changed anything significant since then either:

These votes weren't "lost" to misaligned butterfly ballots, pregnant chads or some conniving election official who deposited them in a closet. Rather, these were the uncast ballots of almost half of the American electorate, who chose not to vote this year largely because they feel they've been cast out of the process by a vacuous, cynical and elitist political system that no longer addresses their needs and aspirations.

These mostly are middle- and low-income folks, people making less than $50,000 a year. While they make up some 80 percent of the U.S. population, exit polls on Nov. 7 found that for the first time they've fallen to less than half of the voting population. As the Clinton-Gore-Lieberman Democrats have jerked the party out from under this core populist constituency, pursuing the money and adopting the policies of the corporate and investor elite, the core constituency of the party has -- big surprise -- steadily dropped away. In 1992, the under-$50,000 crowd made up 63 percent of voters. In 1996, after Clinton and Gore had relentlessly and very publicly pushed NAFTA, the WTO and other Wall Street policies for four years, the under-$50,000 crowd dropped to 52 percent of voters. After four more years of income stagnation and decline for these families under the regime of the Clinton-Gore "New Democrats," the under-$50,000 crowd dropped this year to only 47 percent of voters.
        https://www.salon.com/2000/11/28/hightower

Comment

So we've got Rover who exonerates the party bosses and the septuagenarian insiders during a time when the country wants them cleared out, and blames liberals during a time when the Democratic coalition is moving to the left.

And we have Scooby who is defeatist about everything.

With such brilliant, productive input, how can the Democrats fail?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            So we've got Rover who exonerates the party bosses and the septuagenarian insiders during a time when the country wants them cleared out, and blames liberals during a time when the Democratic coalition is moving to the left.

And we have Scooby who is defeatist about everything.

With such brilliant, productive input, how can the Democrats fail?
            LOL

Until the Democratic Party understands the problem they will never solve it. And since no one ever learns anything in this country?

I rest my case.

Comment

Why would any Bernie voter vote for Trump? Let alone millions of them? Care to explain? Or should I just ask Kep?
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The same reason Hillary voters did it at twice the rate for the slightly less racist/stupid candidate.

Comment

The same reason Hillary voters did it at twice the rate for the slightly less racist/stupid candidate.
                  What does this even mean?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think something like 12% of Bernie voters voted for Trump and 25% of 2008 Hillary voters voted for McCain.

Comment

And Here is Why Tillerson Called Trump a Moron

President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest-ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.

Trump’s comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.

According to the officials present, Trump’s advisers, among them the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, were surprised. Officials briefly explained the legal and practical impediments to a nuclear buildup and how the current military posture is stronger than it was at the height of the buildup. In interviews, they told NBC News that no such expansion is planned.

The July 20 meeting was described as a lengthy and sometimes tense review of worldwide U.S. forces and operations. It was soon after the meeting broke up that officials who remained behind heard Tillerson say that Trump is a “moron.”
                      What a great idea...lets bankrupt the economy building up a nuclear arsenal for no good reason! Further proof this clown is a Russian patsy though because he is running the Russians playbook from the Cold War. Worked out real well for them too...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think something like 12% of Bernie voters voted for Trump and 25% of 2008 Hillary voters voted for McCain.
                        And you are saying that McCain is "slightly less racist and stupid" than Trump? I mean you can have that opinion but not sure anyone is going to agree with you. Especially in 2008. He talked down to the birthers (remember the old lady who called Obama an A-RAB who McCain dismissed) Trump actually was one. It isnt even close.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

McCain might not be overtly racist but his policies, like basically all Republican policies, undeniably are.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            And you are saying that McCain is "slightly less racist and stupid" than Trump? I mean you can have that opinion but not sure anyone is going to agree with you. Especially in 2008. He talked down to the birthers (remember the old lady who called Obama an A-RAB who McCain dismissed) Trump actually was one. It isnt even close.
                            Exactly. I don't agree with it, but if you were a Hillary voter who really valued having an old experienced person in the WH particularly on foreign policy I can see a Hillary voter backing McCain. Again, don't agree with it but there's some overlap (the Russia threat for example).

What POSSIBLE reason is there for millions of Sanders supporters to vote for a lunatic white supremacist?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Hahahah JFC Rover. So it's ok to vote for the candidate who would undoubtedly have set the country back much further than it currently is now because he's not overtly racist (though his running mate certainly was), just all of his policies are. OK.

It's pretty obvious that those were protest votes by irrational people. It's just that HRC has twice as many of them yourself included.

Comment

Working...
                              X