X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    He may have.
    Way way way too early to predict such things, but Trump flipping ... Minnesota ... his way in 2020 is not out of the question.
    I agree. It's not. Minnesota desperately wants to become Wisconsin.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Good luck.
      :facepalm:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        :facepalm:
        You don't see it. The first election is the key. There is a huge advantage for the incumbent. Bill Clinton only won because of Perot. Obama won because he was African American. If he was just another white dude he doesn't win. Thus, a Democrat has not won an election without an intangible in place since 1976.

Like I said, Good Luck.
        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-17-2017, 04:24 PM.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Obama won because he was African American.

Had nothing to do with the fact that he voted against the defining issue of the time (Iraq war) or listened to peoples’ concerns about the economy that just crashed. Not saying that wasn’t also important but yes I think a white guy could’ve won on his platform.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-17-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Nailed it.
            Yep. Racism, sexism, and homophobia still loom large in the American electorate. I guess the Democrats need to pander to those sort of deplorables just to win their votes.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              McCain said something like, with a smirk on his face, "I've been in tougher fights".
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hide the liquor.

https://amp.freep.com/amp/773922001

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  The Ds need to come up with their message that fits on the front of a blue hat (to contrast with Trump's red ones).
                  Well, they also need a charismatic friendly face from TV. Because the deplorables are easily swayed. And someone with a blue collar feel for VP. Just like Biden.

Jon Stewart / Mike Rowe in 2020!!
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Mike Rowe is not a liberal
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yup.
                      The Ds need to stop bemoaning "spilt milk" and start focusing on how to prevent the incumbent from winning the Presidency in 2020.
                      Seriously.

Before ripping me, I'm here in flyover. I warned you all Trump could win. The environment is still primed for Trump.

Ask yourself, "What has changed that would stop a Trump re-election win?"

The economy? Not ... yet.
                      Not completing his agenda? McConnell and the Senate give him perfect scapegoats.
                      Bob Mueller? I'm still betting the under. (I still haven't seen that manila envelope show up on a front step yet.)

The Ds need to come up with their message that fits on the front of a blue hat (to contrast with Trump's red ones).
                      Sure thing, Mr. Fark Independent. You want a Democratic Party that caters to Republican priorities just like I want a GOP that isn't a bunch of racist jackholes. Neither is going to happen.

Comment

And they've sucked so far in the all the special elections.
                        No, they haven't. On average, they're running about +15 from where they did 2 or 4 years ago. The loss in Georgia stung, but the rest of them were bright red districts that turned pink or even purple.

Yes, they need to start winning, and they have at the state level. But don't get discouraged just because they haven't swung things by 20 points nationally.

Comment

Scoot would ***** with anything short of the White House and 538 seats in congress.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I agree. It's not. Minnesota desperately wants to become Wisconsin.
                            ****** you.

Comment

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/rep...ctively-false/

Sacks explained to Trump that his claim was “seen as objectively false.”

“With the credibility you need to pass tax reform, why did you say it?” Sacks asked.

“Some people will say it differently,” Trump insisted, forgiving himself. “They’ll say we’re the highest developed nation taxed in the world.”

“Then why are you saying it that way?” Sacks pressed.

“Because a lot of people know exactly what I’m talking about,” Trump opined. “But in many cases, they think I’m right when I say the highest. As far as I’m concerned, I think we’re really essentially the highest. But if you would like to add the developed nation, you can say that too.”

“But a lot of people think the way that I’m saying it is exactly correct,” the president added before walking away.

For what it’s worth, the U.S. is is ranked in the middle for both revenue collected per person and individual tax income rates among developed countries.
                              Truth, shmuth.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                No, they haven't. On average, they're running about +15 from where they did 2 or 4 years ago. The loss in Georgia stung, but the rest of them were bright red districts that turned pink or even purple.

Yes, they need to start winning, and they have at the state level. But don't get discouraged just because they haven't swung things by 20 points nationally.
                                In state leg special elections the Dems have been winning a lot, flipping something like 20 net out of 40, and the 15-point swing has been holding.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X