This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

For anyone who wondered if the republican base is not well on its way to being "trump-ified" there's this: Almost half of Republicans want war with North Korea, a new poll says. Those who say trump does not represent the real republican party should be finding it harder and harder to continue with that narrative. Of course trump supporters and republicans don't deal in fact and evidence, they deal in bluster, posturing and scare tactics.

My guess is we'll be in a shooting war with North Korea by the time the Mueller investigations get wrapped up. By then trump will have upped the number of republicans who support a preemptive strike to a sizeable majority and will use that to justify it. Hopefully every republican in congress who is complicit in this maniac being the person with his trigger on the nuclear button dies a slow and agonizing death, and in the afterlife they fry in hell for all eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Read today that nine of the ten states that will see the most people negatively affected by trump's most recent attack on ObamaCare are states that went solidly for trump last November.

My first choice would be that no American suffer from the fact we elected the most dangerously unqualified president in our history. But since he is the most dangerously unqualified president we've ever had, people are going to suffer. So if that's the case I am gleefully happy that many of them, and in some cases most of them, will be the people who most loudly supported him. Bring them to me and I will laugh at them and point out their stupidity to them. The only way they are deserving of my sympathy is if they honestly admit they were wrong. And even then I'm not so sure because their votes put us in this place and all of the signs were there that a vote for trump was a vote for chaos and suffering.
      Problem is, when Cletus looks at his insurance policy he's now had because of the ACA, and now sees that it's gonna cost him 50% more to keep it, he's not gonna blame Trumpy. It will be "that lousy Obamacare that everyone knew is failing". And you know why? Cause Trumpy told him so.

As to the fact that the only reason it failed was because Trumpy sabotaged it to make it fail, he won't have a friggin' clue.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I have started to become numb. There is nothing I can do other than be vocal. It is like watching a train that is heading for the cliff but you are too far away to stop it. This isn't the country I grew up in and it certainly isn't the country I want to have my kid be an adult in. I don't want to be an adult in it. In the last weeks there have been so many things that are wrong headed and embarrassing it is overwhelming. There are no issues left where we still hold the moral high ground on. Healthcare, care of the needy, the children, the poor, the elderly, the LGBTQ community, people of color, people who are refugees, women, (I know I am missing something) all have taken a hit in the last weeks. Color me niave but I never, ever, thought that one man could do so much to destroy the country's moral fabric while others watched or applauded. Esp those who claim they have Christian values. Pretty sure Jesus would have a conniption fit over their belief they are righteous. Part of me is glad the people who will suffer the most from the dismantling of the social net are the folks who are the most ignorant and are applauding the loudest but that feels kind of dirty. Their states already are at the bottom of the barrel for most measures.
        With the possible exception of refugees, we have never held the moral high ground on any of those issues.

Comment

For anyone who wondered if the republican base is not well on its way to being "trump-ified" there's this: Almost half of Republicans want war with North Korea, a new poll says. Those who say trump does not represent the real republican party should be finding it harder and harder to continue with that narrative. Of course trump supporters and republicans don't deal in fact and evidence, they deal in bluster, posturing and scare tactics.

My guess is we'll be in a shooting war with North Korea by the time the Mueller investigations get wrapped up. By then trump will have upped the number of republicans who support a preemptive strike to a sizeable majority and will use that to justify it. Hopefully every republican in congress who is complicit in this maniac being the person with his trigger on the nuclear button dies a slow and agonizing death, and in the afterlife they fry in hell for all eternity.
          Thing is, if there's a shooting war on the Korean peninsula, there will be millions dead in the first couple of days. Once people see that, especially if we shoot first, some may change their minds. That will be a lot of people. Given our trade with South Korea, that will have a pretty bad effect on our economy. Lots of things will instantly be in short supply and prices will jump really fast due to the shortage. That can't have any positive effect, ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Thing is, if there's a shooting war on the Korean peninsula, there will be millions dead in the first couple of days. Once people see that, especially if we shoot first, some may change their minds. That will be a lot of people. Given our trade with South Korea, that will have a pretty bad effect on our economy. Lots of things will instantly be in short supply and prices will jump really fast due to the shortage. That can't have any positive effect, ever.
            I'll either be out of work or dead, so I got that going for me.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Do you really think Trump supporters care about dead Koreans?

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                There are 30,000 US service members in SK, and a ton in Japan. However, I fear their deaths would only cause the Trumpies to double down on blowing up everything.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  Maybe not, but they will care about not getting the new Samsung to google and facebook their hate.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    There are 30,000 US service members in SK, and a ton in Japan. However, I fear their deaths would only cause the Trumpies to double down on blowing up everything.
                    Even if we pull the trigger first, I agree they would think that firing back and defending themselves is offensive and horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Maybe not, but they will care about not getting the new Samsung to google and facebook their hate.
                      I'm sure they'll think they can buy American!!!! At Walmart.

Comment

It’s not one man, though. Trump is the visible, festering boil that was given rise to by a long-term underlying infection. The good news is that we can now lance that boil and treat the wound... or we can watch it turn gangrenous and kill the patient/country. I say we impeach and cleanse. In the long run it’ll be good.
                        To do that you have to have enough thinking people. We are watching history repeat itself. Hitler mesmerized Germany and people said never again. We are in the middle of the 'again'. Group think is really, really scary. You would think it would be easy to spread correct information but it is easier to spread manipulated information.

Read today that nine of the ten states that will see the most people negatively affected by trump's most recent attack on ObamaCare are states that went solidly for trump last November.

My first choice would be that no American suffer from the fact we elected the most dangerously unqualified president in our history. But since he is the most dangerously unqualified president we've ever had, people are going to suffer. So if that's the case I am gleefully happy that many of them, and in some cases most of them, will be the people who most loudly supported him. Bring them to me and I will laugh at them and point out their stupidity to them. The only way they are deserving of my sympathy is if they honestly admit they were wrong. And even then I'm not so sure because their votes put us in this place and all of the signs were there that a vote for trump was a vote for chaos and suffering.
                        this. Unfortunately they have chronically been underserved, have no idea what they could have if they were less stupid and will blame Obama for Obamacare because they never see anything but the media that tells them this is how to think.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Problem is, when Cletus looks at his insurance policy he's now had because of the ACA, and now sees that it's gonna cost him 50% more to keep it, he's not gonna blame Trumpy. It will be "that lousy Obamacare that everyone knew is failing". And you know why? Cause Trumpy told him so.

As to the fact that the only reason it failed was because Trumpy sabotaged it to make it fail, he won't have a friggin' clue.
                        All of this!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        With the possible exception of refugees, we have never held the moral high ground on any of those issues.
                        We were attempting to work toward it. Now we are actively deconstructing any progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          To do that you have to have enough thinking people. We are watching history repeat itself. Hitler mesmerized Germany and people said never again. We are in the middle of the 'again'. Group think is really, really scary. You would think it would be easy to spread correct information but it is easier to spread manipulated information.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

as long as they don't get caught and held as prisoner. those guys aren't heroes
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You really wanna get sick to your stomach. I watched 60 minutes last night. They had a report on the opioid crisis. You wanna know how corrupt our government is? You wanna know that this happened under the Obama administration. You want to know that the bill that everyone is talking about passed both Houses of Congress by unanimous consent. Yeah, it flew through. Everyone agreed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.be4c0d451934
                              https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-dea-...-and-congress/

In April 2016, at the height of the deadliest drug epidemic in U.S. history, Congress effectively stripped the Drug Enforcement Administration of its most potent weapon against large drug companies suspected of spilling prescription narcotics onto the nation’s streets.

The chief advocate of the law that hobbled the DEA was Rep. Tom Marino, a Pennsylvania Republican who is now President Trump’s nominee to become the nation’s next drug czar. Marino spent years trying to move the law through Congress. It passed after Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah) negotiated a final version with the DEA.
                              This is beyond sickening.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                We were attempting to work toward it. Now we are actively deconstructing any progress.
                                Obama had it right in talking about "the perfectibility of the union" and "the arc of the moral universe is long but it bends towards justice." Civilization consists of: (1) recognizing the status quo is flawed and (2) changing the way things have always been done to reduce want and intolerance. That's the Long Game.

America has played a part in that, not exceptionally but also overall as a force in the right direction. People vote with their feet and for most of our history more people ran here than ran away. Improvement isn't inevitable or smooth. We move a few steps forward then a few (hopefully fewer) steps back. We're currently backsliding. As long as we don't break something fundamental, or, ya know, end life on Earth, we will emerge from this and start moving forward again.

Very few people want to actually move us towards injustice. The people who push us in that direction are typically ignorant and afraid. There are a few people who knowingly move us towards injustice as a way to accrue personal status, but those are sociopaths: vanishingly infrequent. On the other hand, tons of people work towards justice. Conflicting views of what constitutes justice tend to resolve over time: not a lot of people these days think owning other humans is just.

It is a shame that currently America has become a force for bad, but hopefully that is very temporary.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 10-16-2017, 08:58 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X