• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Was gonna say... though I doubt Handy wants to be lumped in with me
    Pretty sure I'm more left than handy!

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Rick Scott declared a state of emergency because Richard Spencer gave a racist, xenophobic speech in Charlottesville, and one of Spencer's backers decided that people shouldn't disagree with their POV. So Spencer's backer ran over them with his Dodge Challenger/Charger, killing a woman and injuring dozens more.

Nice obfuscation of the issue. You're free to gather and say your piece, just like others are free to gather and say theirs. Nobody's free to intentionally harm another person.
      It's only a free speech issue when some liberal college that nobody has heard of decides to protest some nazi's speech. It's not a free speech issue when a nazi silences someone's free speech by running them over with a car/bringing rifles to a rally/causing violence etc.

I think that's what Flaggy is getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Coming from somebody who votes R, this is a bit too on the nose.
        Gary Johnson's an R?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Gary Johnson's an R?
          No, Gary Johnson's an idiot.

He used to be an R though.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            It's only a free speech issue when some liberal college that nobody has heard of decides to protest some nazi's speech. It's not a free speech issue when a nazi silences someone's free speech by running them over with a car/bringing rifles to a rally/causing violence etc.

I think that's what Flaggy is getting at.
            Incorrect as usual. All sides were in the wrong. Including the idiot that used the car to run someone over. But keep playing the identity game to stir up more division.

Comment

Both sides are bad so might as well take the nazi's.

Comment

Gary Johnson is an R who smokes/invests in pot, so that qualifies him to be a big-L "Libertarian". Big whoop.

Comment

Both sides are bad so might as well take the nazi's.
                  No, folks are just realizing the two "Parties" we have are really just two sides of one bad penny. They are Party first, foremost, and always.

They will do whatever necessary to keep the power. That includes creating "wedge issues" to keep the "sides" internally at conflict as a distraction from the UniParty keeping on keeping on what it does: accumulate and keep power for itself and it's top few (Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, Ryan).

Outsider Bernie? The DNC backstabbed him. Outsider Trump? The Rs, "his party", are leaving him out in the cold.

UniParty first, foremost, and always. All others shall be shunned ... or worse.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    If that's so, then why do you constantly bend yourself over backwards making excuses for him?
                    Like I told Scoobs: show me.

I actually agreed and echoed what a liberal said, but apparently it's "different" when a liberal does it.

And Gurt: I think it's pretty well-known I lean conservative overall. That does not make me Trump's lapdog, which is what people like Maize, Scoobs, and rufie want to label me as.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      I think the question was more about why respond to Milo went what he wants is a response. And the issue comes down to being able to limit yourself to a reasonable response. Anyone who reacts with violence is just playing into their hands, and allowing them to look like the victims. Needless to say, that only helps them. But of course, if you just sit passively by and allow it to happen, you're in essence normalizing what they are saying and allowing it to sneak into the mainstream. You need to produce a response that shows that that is not the case, and that the number of people who oppose such views outnumber those who support it, and that they are still a fringe element. But you have to make sure you neutralize the element who is also there just to cause trouble because, unfortunately, those types will find their way into any crowd.
                      I think it's worse than that, because there are campus leaders who go apesh-t and shout the speakers down. Campus "PC culture" is way overplayed by the Echo Chamber BUT it is a real thing, particularly among Women's Studies and African American Studies students. While the smartest candidates in these disciplines are in control of themselves, the mediocre are just as dumb and knee-jerk and intolerant as the sexists and racists they're trying to fight. Worse, they get a pass from liberal critics who are tried of being labeled sexist and racist for applying the same intellectual standards as they would to any of the other social sciences or humanities.

Academics are in the vast majority way, way better people than pretty much anybody else. They're smarter, they're far more self-aware and self-examining, they're very down to earth and practical despite all the nonsense promulgated about them by the dummies, and they are always bending over backwards in paroxysms of trying to be fair and gentle and inclusive, so much so that I found them maddening and stalked away (something which, I realize with hindsight, I should Not Have Done). Academics are the closest thing we have to Peak Humans, other than this:

So I am very annoyed that these morons have invaded and are impugnng their reputation. They are not acting in either the best traditions or interests of liberalism or academia, and I would wish them into the cornfield if I could.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 10-19-2017, 12:05 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Gary Johnson is an R who smokes/invests in pot, so that qualifies him to be a big-L "Libertarian". Big whoop.
                        I used to be more of a libertarian during the Bush era and it seems like the priorities were a bit different then than they are currently. Now libertarians are basically just alt-right doofuses who doubled down on their stupid beliefs after the financial crisis. In a lot of cases libertarians and Republicans are indistinguishable outside of religion maybe but that seems to be more true now than it was back then.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          No, folks are just realizing the two "Parties" we have are really just two sides of one bad penny. They are Party first, foremost, and always.

They will do whatever necessary to keep the power. That includes creating "wedge issues" to keep the "sides" internally at conflict as a distraction from the UniParty keeping on keeping on what it does: accumulate and keep power for itself and it's top few (Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, Ryan).

Outsider Bernie? The DNC backstabbed him. Outsider Trump? The Rs, "his party", are leaving him out in the cold.

To quote Patrick Wayne from the 1990 incarnation of Tic Tac Dough...

YOUUUU WIIIIN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            I think it's pretty well-known I lean conservative overall. That does not make me Trump's lapdog, which is what people like Maize, Scoobs, and rufie want to label me as.
                            To quote a former President: "I feel your pain."
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

That's not what we were talking about though, he was talking about liberals shutting down campus speakers on college campuses like Evergreen Poly Tech State or whatever and doing the BSAB thing with Charlottesville.

Comment

That's not what we were talking about though, he was talking about liberals shutting down campus speakers on college campuses like Evergreen Poly Tech State or whatever and doing the BSAB thing with Charlottesville.
                                And given the citations about the neo-nazis shutting down reasonable protesters, Sicatoka has a point in that maybe there is some overlording force here.

Comment

Working...
                                X