X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    The ACA was a pretty big wealth transfer from the rich to the poor....
    This is true. That was probably Obama's greatest achievement for economic justice.

Obviously, wiping out the whole private insurance racket and going to single payer will be a much bigger one, as well as a huge savings for the country in the long run.
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-11-2017, 03:56 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Two questions:

1) Does anybody know how you petition the Vatican to nominate someone for sainthood?

2) Does anybody know Mrs. Kepler's full name?

Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Two questions:

1) Does anybody know how you petition the Vatican to nominate someone for sainthood?

2) Does anybody know Mrs. Kepler's full name?

As I've said before, Dr. Mrs. makes me look like Barry Goldwater.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

According to vanity fair, Donald hates everyone in the White House.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            According to vanity fair, Donald hates everyone in the White House.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers
            He's a crazy POS. I hope Kelly and Mattis have childproofed the entire government.
            Cornell University

Comment

OTOH, if the Russians decide to neutralize Dump, that about takes care of NoDak.

Cornell University

Comment

No Dak already looks like it got hit by a nuke anyhow.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                They scream just as loudly when we talk about 39% as if we advocated 93%. So f-ck 'em right in the ear. They owe us $20T. Pay up or hang.
                Spot on, might as well start high rather than negotiating against yourself
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-11-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Gizmodo finds seven minutes of newsreel footage from 1939 where Madison Square Garden openly hosted a Nazi rally.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/shor...-ga-1819366040
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Robert Reich on Facebook

This morning I phoned my old friend, a Republican former member of Congress.

Me: So what’s up? Is Corker alone, or are others also ready to call it quits with Trump?

He: All I know is they’re simmering over there.

Me: Flake and McCain have come pretty close.

He: Yeah. Others are thinking about doing what Bob did. Sounding the alarm. They think Trump’s nuts. Unfit. Dangerous.

Me: Well, they already knew that, didn’t they?

He: But now it’s personal. It started with the Sessions stuff. Jeff was as loyal as they come. Trump’s crapping on him was like kicking your puppy. And then, you know, him beating up on Mitch for the Obamacare fiasco. And going after Flake and the others.

Me: So they're ****ed off?

He: Not just that. I mean, they have thick hides. The personal stuff got them to notice all the other things. The wild stuff, like those threats to North Korea. Tillerson would leave tomorrow if he wasn’t so worried Trump would go nuclear, literally.

Me: You think Trump is really thinking nuclear war?

He: Who knows what’s in his head? But I can tell you this. He’s not listening to anyone. Not a soul. He’s got the nuclear codes and, well, it scares the hell out of me. It’s starting to scare all of them. That’s really why Bob spoke up.

Me: So what could they do? I mean, even if the whole Republican leadership was willing to say publicly he’s unfit to serve, what then?

He: Bingo! The emperor has no clothes. It’s a signal to everyone they can bail. Have to bail to save their skins. I mean, Trump could be the end of the whole goddam Republican party.

Me: If he starts a nuclear war, that could be the end of everything.

He: Yeah, right. So when they start bailing on him, the stage is set.

Me: For what?

He: Impeachment. 25th amendment.

Me: You think Republicans would go that far?

He: Not yet. Here’s the thing. They really want to get this tax bill through. That’s all they have going for them. They don’t want to face voters in ’18 or ’20 without something to show for it. They’re just praying Trump doesn’t do something really, really stupid before the tax bill.

Me: Like a nuclear war?

He: Look, all I can tell you is many of the people I talk with are getting freaked out. It’s not as if there’s any careful strategizing going on. Not like, well, do we balance the tax bill against nuclear war? No, no. They’re worried as hell. They’re also worried about Trump crazies, all the ignoramuses he’s stirred up. I mean, Roy Moore? How many more of them do you need to destroy the party?

Me: So what’s gonna happen?

He: You got me. I’m just glad I’m not there anymore. Trump’s not just a moron. He’s a despicable human being. And he’s getting crazier. Paranoid. Unhinged. Everyone knows it. I mean, we’re in **** up to our eyeballs with this guy.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

All in on a tax bill that couldn't be worse for the economy. Hilarious.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        All in on a tax bill that couldn't be worse for the economy. Hilarious.
                        If you're into dark humor...

Comment

There is a huge difference between Jill Stein liberals and Bernie Sanders liberals. Conflating them is a strategy to delegitimize all liberals so the banks can keep raping us. Leave that game to Rover; he's emotionally committed to it and he's been practicing for years now.
                          Literally not what I said. I said it would make more sense for Bernie Bros to vote for Stein than Trump.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

OTOH, if the Russians decide to neutralize Dump, that about takes care of NoDak.

Hiding under our desks in first grade really meant something to us Nodaks.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Look Handy you can try to rationalize voting for McCain as a protest vote but really it's not significantly better. After how many years of Iraq war and an economy that went completely to s*** under Bush, doubling down on his stupid policies and further deregulating the economy would've set this country waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay further back than it currently is and I don't think you can deny that. And that was incredibly obvious at the time. And yes McCain is closer to being a centrist than Mango Mussolini but that doesn't mean he isn't your prototypical neo conservative whose policies are extremely harmful especially when you consider the context of the financial crisis and what state the country was in at the time. If you protest voted for McCain now maybe you have a point but back then it was incredibly irresponsible just like voting for Trump today. I think there's a case to be made that McCain getting elected in 2008 would've had far greater negative impact on this country than Trump getting elected now (I guess we'll see, fortunately he hasn't gotten much done so far).

And I absolutely agree that the dumb Bernie bros who voted for Trump deserve to be admonished, no argument there.
                              I am not rationalizing anything. (I voted for Obama so why would I) You can rant and rave all you want to but politics isnt as black and white is you believe it is. Even now in this era of polarization it isnt that simple.

And again not me or Rover is saying they did the right thing. You need to get over yourself and actually read what people post. Just because we can understand why someone made a choice doesnt mean we dont think it was the wrong choice. We arent defending their choice just that it isnt as far fetched an idea as you think it is. I personally think anyone who voted for McCain/Palin is a moron but I also understand that many had their reasons. Sure it would have turned out badly but that isnt the point. If you think Banks should have free reign and that war is a great means to an end when it comes to international policy you are not going automatically vote for Obama even if you are a registered Dem. Would that be the smart way to go...no but that doesnt mean they cant justify their vote.

You have to look at decisions within the context of what they are...all the factors. Didnt you ever take Sociology or Anthropology or Psychology? (or well PolySci) You have to be able to see into the mindset of the person making the vote. You sound like the people who yell at the players in a game every time they make a call and it doesnt work. Just because the play action pass didnt work doesnt mean the coach didnt have a legit reason to justify his calling it he was just wrong.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Did they? I haven't seen any study that said they did that, either. I didn't, anyway.
                                They had to have. Trump put up Romney numbers and Hillary put up less than Obama numbers. (as did the Dems on the ticket with her) Unless there was a Liberal Holocaust in a Wal-Mart Death Camp quite a few had to have stayed home.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X