X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I don't give a crap, but in the corporate world, anything officially tied into the company, it's been "holiday" not "Christmas." Can't do it, because they don't want to offend anyone.
    This is bullsh-t.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      This is bullsh-t.
      What is? *I* don't care.
      Any official event for the holidays at my company (and many others) is labeled a "Holiday Event." Not a Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, whatever. It removes the risk for the company.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Poor Christians. *sniff* *sniff* Can't say Merry Christmas. Can't have a Christmas Party anymore. *sniff* *sniff*
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump will nominate a climate change skeptic with ties to the fossil fuel industry to serve as a top environmental adviser.

The White House on Thursday announced the selection of Kathleen Hartnett White of Texas to serve as chair of the Council on Environmental Quality. White served under former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, now Trump's energy secretary, for six years on a commission overseeing the state environmental agency.

White was fiercely critical of what she called the Obama administration's "imperial EPA" and pushed back against stricter limits on air and water pollution. She is a senior fellow at the Texas Public Policy Foundation, a conservative think tank that has received funding from fossil-fuel companies that include Koch Industries, ExxonMobil and Chevron.
          Bye, Bye environment.

http://www.startribune.com/trump-to-...ser/450790093/
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

See. Told you to ask Tony Perkins.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, heralded that decision, arguing that it showed Trump is committed to "undoing the anti-faith policies of the previous administration and restoring true religious freedom."
            http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politi...mit/index.html

Yes, Tony. Obama was a anti-religion, Muslim, Kenyan. We all know that.

Comment

The more organized religion is pervaded by people like Perkins and Trump, the easier it will be to kick in the rotted stump.

I for one welcome the axis of evil between corporate feudalists, populist xenophobes, and fundy fanatics. They've been hidden bedfellows for decades. They'll be much easier to defeat now they've boiled out into the open.
              Last edited by Kepler; 10-13-2017, 02:52 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What is? *I* don't care.
                Any official event for the holidays at my company (and many others) is labeled a "Holiday Event." Not a Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, whatever. It removes the risk for the company.
                Well, sure. If it were a "Christmas" event, does that mean people who don't celebrate Christmas can't go? Or is it a 'holiday' and everyone is welcome?
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  See. Told you to ask Tony Perkins.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politi...mit/index.html

Yes, Tony. Obama was a anti-religion, Muslim, Kenyan. We all know that.
                  How can he be anti-religion if he's Muslim?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    I mean I'm not gonna place most of the blame on the individual voters but the people (especially in the higher ranks of the party) who were all in for her despite the fact that she was twice as likely to lose to Trump should probably take a hard look in the mirror before blaming Bernie supporters because that's pretty far down the list of things that caused this outcome.
                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Much as I dislike Bern-outs, you and Rover both really need to stop drinking your lunch.
                    Well, I was going to type but this will do. Not moving forward is moving backward

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Xtians won't be happy until Jeebus is plastered all over every edifice.
                    Pretty sure Jeebus would be thoroughly appalled at what the 'Christians' are buying into.

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    Even Christians themselves don't think Trump is a Christian. He's just chasing votes. He has to be the most secular president we've ever had.
                    Oh, no. There are plenty of them who are completely sold. They live on my FB feed and go to Liberty U. How, I can't figure out. The guy is the antithesis of anything Jesus taught but they are more into winning and power than into being a true Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Oh, no. There are plenty of them who are completely sold. They live on my FB feed and go to Liberty U. How, I can't figure out. The guy is the antithesis of anything Jesus taught but they are more into winning and power than into being a true Christian.
                      It's always true that there are plenty of delusional people out there, but when Trump himself was asked over a year ago he admitted he's not very religious. Compared to Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, and Reagan I would say his lifestyle has been pretty secular. It seems clear to me that when Trump invokes God he's just chasing votes. But yes, it's only my suspicion... I can't see into another man's heart...
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        How can he be anti-religion if he's Muslim?
                        Simple. Think about it a minute. It'll come.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Well, sure. If it were a "Christmas" event, does that mean people who don't celebrate Christmas can't go? Or is it a 'holiday' and everyone is welcome?
                          "I'm offended because I'm not Christian." That type of crowd. Lawsuit city.

It's a sad, sad world.

I'm NOT claiming to be all oppressed/blahblahblah. Just saying there are more important things to be worried about.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Just saying there are more important things to be worried about.
                            Not according to Trump and all the oppressed "Christians" out there.

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                              Not according to Trump and all the oppressed "Christians" out there.
                              Well, I think 98% of us on here think Trump is a moron, so does his opinion really count among us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                What is? *I* don't care.
                                My company has santa come and host a Christmas party for kids of employees. Departments have their own holiday or Christmas parties. Our old department director gave out Christmas presents at our party, which was attended by atheists, Christians, Buddhist, Hindus, and Muslims. No one cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X