X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08
    Funny thing is, it's your side issuing all the death threats, rioting in Berkeley because a homosexual was invited to speak, even shooting at people in DC because they belong to a certain political party.

I believe Rick Scott also declared a state of emergency in Florida because you lunatics don't like free speech.
    Rick Scott declared a state of emergency because Richard Spencer gave a racist, xenophobic speech in Charlottesville, and one of Spencer's backers decided that people shouldn't disagree with their POV. So Spencer's backer ran over them with his Dodge Challenger/Charger, killing a woman and injuring dozens more.

Nice obfuscation of the issue. You're free to gather and say your piece, just like others are free to gather and say theirs. Nobody's free to intentionally harm another person.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      uno is the Rosetta Stone of the Cafe. The GOP slipped out from under his moderate libertarianism and became a laughable fascist travesty. He became more and more vituperative against them because they moved, not him.

For those old enough to remember, there was once a right in this country that was intelligent and calm. They were wrong, of course, but they were wrong in ways that were at least comprehensible, and consistent with democratic government. They were the smart kids who believe dumb things because their parents believed dumb things. You felt that over time they would either change their beliefs or they would evolve much smarter versions of those beliefs -- they might even evolve new ideas that were a legitimate challenge to ours. They could, theoretically, convince us. They were worth listening to.

Now the right is just a sh-t show of screaming babies and ravenous con men. There's nothing there worth a second look. It's a wild animal that does real harm. The prudent approach to them is containment while researching the feasibility of extermination.
      Saw it mentioned somewhere, and I can't remember where, but to paraphrase, it went something like this:

The Right never used to be abjectly about hating the poor or the blacks. They may have, but they would say that they wanted to help them too, they just disagreed on the correct policy methods to do so.

Today's Right doesn't even try to hide the fact that their policies are designed to screw over the poor, the elderly, and minorities. They don't even bother to pay lip service to it anymore.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Funny thing is, it's your people issuing all the death threats, rioting in Berkeley because a homosexual was invited to speak, even shooting at people in DC because they belong to a certain political party.

I believe Rick Scott also declared a state of emergency in Florida because you lunatics don't like free speech. I may not agree with the guy being an actual white supremacist, but he still has free speech. That's ACTUAL non-fascism.
        If you believe the radical right isn't violent you should step away from InfoWars and out into the real world for a while.

For the record, I believe every invited speaker should always be permitted to speak, without interruption. It's a big deal to me and I talk to a lot of my liberal friends about it. So far they have all been in agreement. I acknowledge there have been liberal protests on campuses which have consisted of shouting down and even threatening reactionary speakers. I oppose those actions 100%.

Free political speech should be sacrosanct. People should attend, hold up signs, and then ask challenging questions afterwards. They should call out the speakers for their lies and their intent to foment a violent reaction in order to paint themselves as victims and fool saps like you. But they should never abet those speakers by taking the bait.

However, universities should definitely consider the speakers' motives before extending or approving invitations. Milo Yiannopoulos, the man you reference in your comments, is not a good faith actor. His only purpose, aside from personal enrichment, is to provoke a response and then whine about it. The Nazis used the same tactics in the 1930s. You of all people should know that.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          If that's so, then why do you constantly bend yourself over backwards making excuses for him?
          I believe you just proved Brent's point. Keep in-fighting; hopefully when you realize that you've just been getting played by a party that doesn't actually have your best interests and is only using you to achieve their ends, it won't be too late to save yourself.

Comment

I believe you just proved Brent's point. Keep in-fighting; hopefully when you realize that you've just been getting played by a party that doesn't actually have your best interests and is only using you to achieve their ends, it won't be too late to save yourself.
            Shouldn't you be seeing a doctor about the lead levels in your bloodstream?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Oh, and as for Conservatism. Alabama is a Conservative Red State. They selected their ideal candidate to replace Jeff Sessions in the Senate. Here's what he has to say.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow

It would be far left to think otherwise.
              I trust people on the law when they haven't been removed from the bench 8 billion times.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Shouldn't you be seeing a doctor about the lead levels in your bloodstream?
                That would require him to leave his spiderhole and see one of those scaaaaarry pill-pushers.

Comment

If you believe the radical right isn't violent you should step away from InfoWars and out into the real world for a while.

For the record, I believe every invited speaker should always be permitted to speak, without interruption. It's a big deal to me and I talk to a lot of my liberal friends about it. So far they have all been in agreement. I acknowledge there have been liberal protests on campuses which have consisted of shouting down and even threatening reactionary speakers. I oppose those actions 100%.

Free political speech should be sacrosanct. People should attend, hold up signs, and then ask challenging questions afterwards. They should call out the speakers for their lies and their intent to foment a violent reaction in order to paint themselves as victims and fool saps like you. But they should never abet those speakers by taking the bait.

However, universities should definitely consider the speakers' motives before extending or approving invitations. Milo Yiannopoulos, the man you reference in your comments, is not a good faith actor. His only purpose, aside from personal enrichment, is to provoke a response and then whine about it. The Nazis used the same tactics in the 1930s. You of all people should know that.
                  Then why respond?

I'm glad we both agree on the first amendment. And unfortunately, there are many people that will get riled up. Project Veritas has leaked out Antifa meetings where they actually plan out violence, and we've seen it carried out at their events. Are there "speakers" riling them up? Perhaps. There are also people still placing their right arms at 45 degree angles that become violent, and they are also just as bad, whether they actually believe that, or are trying to create a false flag (which unfortunately we've seen happen quite a bit as well in order to create division).

The last thing I want to see is a war, whether domestically, or WWIII. If the instigation doesn't stop on both ends, it'll go there.

Comment

hopefully when you realize that you've just been getting played by a party that doesn't actually have your best interests and is only using you to achieve their ends, it won't be too late to save yourself.
                    Coming from somebody who votes R, this is a bit too on the nose.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Project Veritas, lol. Jimmy must be fabricating more horseshiat videos.

Comment

Then why respond?
                        I dunno, to be honest. Well yes, I do know. For the same reason that rioters tear up their own neighborhood rather than at least walking six blocks west and burning down the rich people's homes. Because people are stupid. And lazy. And in large groups they drop to the lowest common denominator and become violent. And because most people are followers and right now there are far too many leaders preaching Huey Newton's immediate gratification of violence rather than Gandhi's and King's and Obama's patient, maddeningly slow project of deep, systemic reform.

Be careful with Project Veritas as a source. They make stuff up. They are not honest.
                        Cornell University

Comment

I would prefer any of you folks to be President. That is not hyperbole.
                          No. No you wouldn't.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            No. No you wouldn't.
                            Yeah, I would. Even you. Even Flag. Think about that.
                            Cornell University

Comment

I dunno, to be honest. Well yes, I do know. For the same reason that rioters tear up their own neighborhood rather than at least walking six blocks west and burning down the rich people's homes. Because people are stupid. And lazy. And in large groups they drop to the lowest common denominator and become violent. And because most people are followers and right now there are far too many leaders preaching Huey Newton's immediate gratification of violence rather than Gandhi's and King's and Obama's patient, maddeningly slow project of deep, systemic reform.

Be careful with Project Veritas as a source. They make stuff up. They are not honest.
                              I think the question was more about why respond to Milo went what he wants is a response. And the issue comes down to being able to limit yourself to a reasonable response. Anyone who reacts with violence is just playing into their hands, and allowing them to look like the victims. Needless to say, that only helps them. But of course, if you just sit passively by and allow it to happen, you're in essence normalizing what they are saying and allowing it to sneak into the mainstream. You need to produce a response that shows that that is not the case, and that the number of people who oppose such views outnumber those who support it, and that they are still a fringe element. But you have to make sure you neutralize the element who is also there just to cause trouble because, unfortunately, those types will find their way into any crowd.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                No, you aren't. Trixie and Handy are pretty bleeding heart, too.
                                Was gonna say... though I doubt Handy wants to be lumped in with me

Comment

Working...
                                X