X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    Why hasn't Tiny Hands Trump tweeted about this attempted terrorist attack on US soil?
    Because his name was Michael. If his name was Mohamed...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      Why hasn't Tiny Hands Trump tweeted about this attempted terrorist attack on US soil?
      I'll say it straight out. Because he doesn't look, act, speak, or worhip Muhammed. That's why.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
        Exactly. Florida and Texas need to start a state income tax and put it into a fund to pay for hurricane disaster recovery so the rest of us can quit paying for it.
        You do know there are other ways to collect than income, right? Or are you trying to bring them down because your state can't control its wallet? I'm shocked your rate's higher than ours...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I'll say it straight out. Because he doesn't look, act, speak, or worhip Muhammed. That's why.
          The fact that the media is complicit in this is just as awful...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            The fact that the media is complicit in this is just as awful...
            I agree. But, like I have been stating over and over again. Some things America cares about and some things they don't. Now if he had spit on the Flag or something while he was doing it?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I agree. But, like I have been stating over and over again. Some things America cares about and some things they don't. Now if he had spit on the Flag or something while he was doing it?
              Still wouldn't have mattered. White guy. white guys can spit on the flag. Unless they're liberals.

White guys can even wear the flag as a rain poncho. It's ok.

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/elpint...ock/flag06.jpg
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Still wouldn't have mattered. White guy. white guys can spit on the flag. Unless they're liberals.

White guys can even wear the flag as a rain poncho. It's ok.

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/elpint...ock/flag06.jpg
                What if he had defecated on it? Would that do it?
                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 10-12-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Geezer you have that in reverse - in general blue states are paying for the red states.

Most Federally Dependent States

Which States Are Givers and Which Are Takers?

If you look only at how much the federal government spends per person in each state compared with the amount its citizens pay in federal income taxes—other states stand out, particularly South Carolina: The Palmetto State receives $7.87 back from Washington for every $1 its citizens pay in federal tax. This bar chart, made from WalletHub's data, reveals the sharp discrepancies among states on that measure.

On the other side of this group, folks in 14 states, including Delaware, Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, and Ohio, get back less than $1 for each $1 they spend in taxes.

It’s not just that some states are getting way more in return for their federal tax dollars, but the disproportionate amount of federal aid that some states receive allows them to keep their own taxes artificially low. That's the argument WalletHub analysts make in their 2014 Report on Best and Worst States to Be a Taxpayer.

Another part of the explanation is easier to discern. The reddest states on that map at the top—Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, New Mexico, Maine—have exceptionally high poverty rates and thus receive disproportionately large shares of federal dollars. Through a variety of social programs, the federal government disburses hundreds of billions of dollars each year to maintain a “safety net” intended to help the neediest among us. Consider, for example, the percentage of each state’s residents who get “food stamps” through the federal government’s SNAP program. This chart tells the story.
                  Blue State Voters Subsidize Southern Red State Voters
                  Last edited by Slap Shot; 10-12-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

That's how I originally took his argument but I don't think that's what he actually means...?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Geezer you have that in reverse - blue states are paying for the red states.

Look at that Turtle Boy and Rand Paul crapfest right on top. Unfreakingbelievable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Geezer you have that in reverse - in general blue states are paying for the red states.

Which States Are Givers and Which Are Takers?
                        I know, but I wasn’t talking about Republican vs. Democrat states. I was talking about states that were shaded blue in a certain map indicating a higher state income tax vs. white states with a lower rate. It has nothing to do with how they voted. In the map I linked Iowa and Maine are dark blue, along with OR, CA, and NY.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Why is there a state income tax deduction? If you still live in one of the dark blue states you should be willing to own up to your own choices and not be wandering around with your hand out.
                          This is the link I was referencing. Although it makes sense that the states supporting the highest state taxes are generally less libertarian... SC, etc, vs TX & ND & whatnot.
                          It seems weird that OR is at 10% while WA is untaxed.
                          Last edited by geezer; 10-12-2017, 02:54 PM.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Look at that Turtle Boy and Rand Paul crapfest right on top. Unfreakingbelievable.
                            It's a map of seniority and political influence.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              It seems weird that OR is at 10% while WA is untaxed.
                              OR has income tax and zero sales tax.

WA has sales tax and zero income tax.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                OR has income tax and zero sales tax.

WA has sales tax and zero income tax.
                                Of course, that should have been obvious. They probably balance out in other places too. I think stuff like clothing is exempt from sales tax in MN.

Comment

Working...
                                X