Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    How stupid is this guy? He's an idiot. Who gave him a college degree? They should be stripped of their rights to educate. Penn should be ashamed.
    It's not Real Penn, it's just their silly business school. Getting a degree from Wharton is like getting a degree from the Kennedy School at Harvard. It's a degree mill with an Ivy name scotch-taped to it to up the price. A paid-for credential. A vanity press.

c.f. Harvard Business School and Bush, George W.
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-12-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Stock market went up so debt is gone: https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/918296242660302848
    I think I am starting to get why he has like a Bakers Dozen Bankruptcies on his record...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Two things. First, people who are "much better off" in your book are probably paying taxes, or what you and I would certainly consider real money in terms of the amount.
    I didn't say they weren't, oh master of the strawman. I said they should quit whining about it and imagine how they'd feel in someone who's worse off shoes.

It's the corollary of the poor Hampton's second homeowner whining about how they're barely getting by, what with prep school for the two kids, and the two mortgages, and cars for everybody in the family. Just shut the eff up.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    It's not Real Penn, it's just their silly business school. Getting a degree from Wharton is like getting a degree from the Kennedy School at Harvard. It's a degree mill with an Ivy name scotch-taped to it to up the price. A paid-for credential. A vanity press.

c.f. Harvard Business School and Bush, George W.
    So, it's a money grab by the school. Is there any integrity left in this world? Any? Anywhere?
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Trump threatening to pull FEMA out of PR. More money for him to golf, I guess.
    He wants to impeach the President of PUERTO RICO just like his reddit followers said!!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    I didn't say they weren't, oh master of the strawman. I said they should quit whining about it and imagine how they'd feel in someone who's worse off shoes.
    What they really want is Somalia's tax code with America's infrastructure, laws, financial markets, etc. There almost there. Get the new tax laws through and they'll be as close as they've ever been.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

So, it's a money grab by the school. Is there any integrity left in this world? Any? Anywhere?
    It isnt a new thing...this is the crap the Ivies have been pulling forever. It is like buying high end clothes you are paying for the name the clothes are all the same.

What is the saying...the hardest thing about going to an Ivy is getting in? Once you are in you are golden. That dates back to when my father was in college...
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Trump threatening to pull FEMA out of PR. More money for him to golf, I guess.
    What a vindictive little whiny *****.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    It isnt a new thing...this is the crap the Ivies have been pulling forever. It is like buying high end clothes you are paying for the name the clothes are all the same.

What is the saying...the hardest thing about going to an Ivy is getting in? Once you are in you are golden. That dates back to when my father was in college...
    Who let him in? He's obviously not intelligent enough to be let in. So, it must have been the money. Must be nice to be able to just buy everything.

Who let him in? He's obviously not intelligent enough to be let in. So, it must have been the money. Must be nice to be able to just buy everything.
    I mean GWB was the same thing, he went to one of the Ivy schools (and that clearly was bought not earned).

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    What is the saying...the hardest thing about going to an Ivy is getting in? Once you are in you are golden.
    Urge to kill rising. That's the old saying for HYP. At certain Ivies you still actually have to work for your grades.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

there's a good buck in that racket.

What a vindictive little whiny *****.
    the PR'ans are so dumb. offer donnie jr some beachfront property for another hotel and course and just sit back and watch the $$$$$$$ come.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Urge to kill rising. That's the old saying for HYP. At certain Ivies you still actually have to work for your grades.
    You went to Cornell...whats next SUNY-Binghamton is an Ivy too?
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Urge to kill rising. That's the old saying for HYP. At certain land grant schools you still actually have to work for your grades.
    you mean?!??!

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Trump probably thinks the national debt is what all the citizens owe on their credit cards.
    that ain't gone either

Just a boring user.

Two things. First, people who are "much better off" in your book are probably paying taxes, or what you and I would certainly consider real money in terms of the amount.

Second, business owners, wealthy individuals, etc..., are much more likely to actually write a check to pay their taxes. For example, you might have to pay your quarterly estimates in April, June, September and then by January 15 of the following year, as opposed to the withholding that occurs from the vast majority of American's paychecks.

I've always maintained that if you ever want to see a tax revolt that will put the Boston Tea Party to shame, get rid of mandatory withholding and put everyone on the same system of paying taxes where they have to affirmatively write a large quarterly tax check to the United States Treasury four times per year, and if you estimate wrong, you get hit with penalties and interest. Right now, most people don't really even feel like they pay taxes because they never see the money. All they want to know is "what'll I get back" in the spring, like it's some sort of gift from the government.
    Don't mistake actually paying taxes with a fair and equitable rate.

I don't doubt that rich people and business owners pay taxes. Not doing so is too risky not to.

But is their portion fair or not. For that, I suggest everyone go to IRS.GOV and look at the data. You will see that there's a peak of actual tax rate just below $1M earned, and above that, the effective rate goes down (and it's pretty flat from $100k to $1M). So far that the richer you are, you end up paying almost the same as some lower middle class people.

This is not exactly what the progressive tax rate would suggest. The #1 reason, according to the IRS, is unearned income in the form of long term capitol gains. So if you have the means to NOT WORK, you can pay 15% tax on your long term bet that just sits there and does nothing. Which is also to say- the richer you are, there's more incentive to not work and not contribute to society, (such as being a CEO). As you pay only 15% base rate vs. over 33% base rate on your income.

This is freaking stupid and needs fixed. But that's never going to happen with a real estate person running the country, since real estate increases count as capitol gains.

Income is income, should not bias it to one way or another like we do. Fix that, and we end up fixing multiple things at the same time- a huge tax hole for people with means and the rather obvious incentive to not work and really contribute.

BTW, it's fair to note- money tied up in capitol gains is also money that does not flow through our economy. Which is what is needed for growth.

So, Trump is sulking around the White House saying, "I hate everyone." Way to go America. Hire the guy who doesn't want the job and isn't qualified over the qualified person who wanted it.

We are the moron nation of the World.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Don't mistake actually paying taxes with a fair and equitable rate.

I don't doubt that rich people and business owners pay taxes. Not doing so is too risky not to.

But is their portion fair or not. For that, I suggest everyone go to IRS.GOV and look at the data. You will see that there's a peak of actual tax rate just below $1M earned, and above that, the effective rate goes down (and it's pretty flat from $100k to $1M). So far that the richer you are, you end up paying almost the same as some lower middle class people.

This is not exactly what the progressive tax rate would suggest. The #1 reason, according to the IRS, is unearned income in the form of long term capitol gains. So if you have the means to NOT WORK, you can pay 15% tax on your long term bet that just sits there and does nothing. Which is also to say- the richer you are, there's more incentive to not work and not contribute to society, (such as being a CEO). As you pay only 15% base rate vs. over 33% base rate on your income.

This is freaking stupid and needs fixed. But that's never going to happen with a real estate person running the country, since real estate increases count as capitol gains.

Income is income, should not bias it to one way or another like we do. Fix that, and we end up fixing multiple things at the same time- a huge tax hole for people with means and the rather obvious incentive to not work and really contribute.

BTW, it's fair to note- money tied up in capitol gains is also money that does not flow through our economy. Which is what is needed for growth.
    ceo's don't work?

Right now, most people don't really even feel like they pay taxes because they never see the money.
    Complete and utter bulls**t.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.57a151360481

President Trump served notice Thursday that he may pull back federal relief workers from Puerto Rico, effectively threatening to abandon the U.S. territory amid a staggering humanitarian crisis in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
    What a complete POS.

Thread Information