X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.21 STAND for our great National Anthem

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Cause Dems are gonna take his gunz!!!!!

Cause balanced budgets, or his right to own 150 firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo, we know which one wins out every.......single........time.
    It's almost as if god, guns and gays are deliberate distractions so the Republican rank and file will vote to destroy themselves economically.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      So since you don’t approve of her private life (and I can’t blame you there) she doesn’t have the right to speak up? That doesn’t seem right either. She can make all the noises she wants to about bullying, and vegetables, and libraries, and fashion and it troubles me not the slightest. She’s not relevant to my opinions on anything but I welcome her efforts to make positive changes.
      She can speak up all she wants. That isn't my point. It is difficult to have a spokesperson who is a walking talking antithesis of what they are trying to promote. I would argue that it might make people take many of her points less seriously. I actually feel really bad for her and worse for their kid. How the hell do you raise a decent human being with that for a father? Anything that you try to teach for decency is immediately refuted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        It's almost as if god, guns and gays are deliberate distractions so the Republican rank and file will vote to destroy themselves economically.
        I feel like that was the premise of a book I read back in college!

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          A lot of conservatives like you are bothered by the deficit and the debt.

Quick question- when was the last R President that had a balanced budget? I'd bet it happened prior to your legal vote counting.

Clinton balanced the budget, and ran a surplus. Obama started deep in the hole, but was reducing it every year. Bush totally lied to Congress about his budget by leaving out the wars we fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. And we know that Reagan-Bush took a nominal deficit and exploded it to a massively high value.

Which brings up the follow up question- if the budget is so important to you, why do you vote for the party that is much farther from balancing the budget. Since you do it over and over again, expecting different results, one can make a logical conclusion that you are insane, since that's the very definition of it.
          Waiting for our resident Rs to answer this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            A lot of conservatives like you are bothered by the deficit and the debt.

Quick question- when was the last R President that had a balanced budget? I'd bet it happened prior to your legal vote counting.

Clinton balanced the budget, and ran a surplus. Obama started deep in the hole, but was reducing it every year. Bush totally lied to Congress about his budget by leaving out the wars we fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. And we know that Reagan-Bush took a nominal deficit and exploded it to a massively high value.

Which brings up the follow up question- if the budget is so important to you, why do you vote for the party that is much farther from balancing the budget. Since you do it over and over again, expecting different results, one can make a logical conclusion that you are insane, since that's the very definition of it.
            Because if the tax cut for the 1% is ever big enough. Poof. Gone is the debt and the deficit.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              I actually feel really bad for her and worse for their kid. How the hell do you raise a decent human being with that for a father? Anything that you try to teach for decency is immediately refuted.
              I empathize too, but it’s not hopeless - I know someone very well who was abused for years by her father and became one of the best people I know, and probably the strongest. She pities her father but learned more from his bad example than most ever learn from a good one. Young Barron will come to realize the full import of his circumstances eventually, and may profit from the knowledge if he has the courage. Or he’ll just lock it away and try to follow the footsteps... he’s his own soul.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Didn't Bill balance the budget with a GOP Congress with Newt in the driver's seat?

And BHO had a GOP House for 6/8 of his term, despite the efforts of Boehner and Missing Mitch.

So maybe it's a Dem Prez and a GOP Congress that is most effective??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Jeff Flake, newly crowned hero of the people, votes to deny consumers ability to sue banks, credit card companies, and other financial institutions.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Maybe y'all were speaking the truth all along, and Alex Jones is in fact a Russian agent... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pCF8ERAVME

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      Didn't Bill balance the budget with a GOP Congress with Newt in the driver's seat?

And BHO had a GOP House for 6/8 of his term, despite the efforts of Boehner and Missing Mitch.

So maybe it's a Dem Prez and a GOP Congress that is most effective??
                      So you have it at least reduced down to the R President. Again, if it's really that important, why do you still vote for them?

It's funny that President Obama haters really got bothered by the whole "Hope" campaign, but they are 100% voting on the hope that their presidential vote does something an R president has not done for over 40 years. Duh. Again, displaying the pop definition of insanity.

R's are about hope and fear- fear that D's will take their guns, and hope that R's will actually look out for them. Neither of which have been true for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Jeff Flake, newly crowned hero of the people, votes to deny consumers ability to sue banks, credit card companies, and other financial institutions.
                        Nice speech. How about back it up. I listened to his interview with NPR this morning. And in spite of him calling out all of congress, and calling out dump's behavior, he 100% failed at being specific. Says that Ryan called dump out on the campaign trail, so that's ok, somehow now... and that pence is a good guy, and hopes that he talks to dump behind closed doors.

Ok, so condemn the president's behavior and call out congress for not reacting to it, but then NOT actually criticizing people who are very much in power to do what he says.

Total let down.

Comment

And that's why Jeff Flake's retiring. Lame duck RINO looking to screw people over. He knows his days are numbered with the enlightenment of those still with a brain.

Comment

Ok, then what about the other Republicans minus Graham and Kennedy who voted for it? I doubt they're all leaving.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Nice speech. How about back it up. I listened to his interview with NPR this morning. And in spite of him calling out all of congress, and calling out dump's behavior, he 100% failed at being specific. Says that Ryan called dump out on the campaign trail, so that's ok, somehow now... and that pence is a good guy, and hopes that he talks to dump behind closed doors.

Ok, so condemn the president's behavior and call out congress for not reacting to it, but then NOT actually criticizing people who are very much in power to do what he says.

Total let down.
                              Flake is just another cowardly politician. The only reason he isn't running is that he's afraid he'd lose the primary. It isn't out of some deep seated patriotism, or an actual "enough is finally enough" attitude. Guys like Flake and Corker are the best the republicans can offer us, cowards who decide to take their ball and go home. This isn't a signal at all the republicans are learning or coming around, its a signal that the mainstream of the party now is not just far to the right, its off the rails completely. The MAINSTREAM of the party. What qualifies now as a "conservative" republican is a fascist or a white supremacist. The mainstream are at best enablers, and a good portion of them are racist too. In a lot of states it is not nearly enough to be lock-step in your votes with trump as both Corker and Flake are, you have to espouse the same phony tough rhetoric, and you have to support the same bigoted ideals as the trump white house.

Comment

Jeff Flake has a 96% conservative voting record. One of the best. When he was in the House he was considered too conservative. Now, he's not "conservative" enough for this government.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X