122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
    116. Tampa Bay Rays...Hall of Famer...Wade Boggs, Chicken enthusiast who always had a strong batting average, but had more of a career with the New York Yankees.
    Uh the batting titles and post season failure came with our Red Sox.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

115. Tennessee Titans

a.k.a. Houston Oilers

Why?...when their best coach was a Bum.

The Good....One AFC Championship. I don’t count the AFL Before the Super Bowl started.

The Bad....Seems like every season they were in the abyss, whether it be the AFC Central or AFC South

The Ugly....This was a team that failed at relocation, leaving Houston for Memphis even though you plan on playing in Nashville?

Where they play? Nissan Stadium. I guess it sounds better than ****ty Japanese Car Stadium

Owner: KSA Industries, its original owner Bud Adams passed away in 2013.

Coach: Mike Mularkey, a man literally full of ****, is on his third coaching tenure after unsuccessful coaching runs in Buffalo and Jacksonville

Top Current Players: Marcus Mariota is a promising Quarterback, DeMarco Murray is quietly production

Hall of Famer...The most prominent are Earl Campbell, Bruce Matthews, and Warren Moon.
      Last edited by CommAvHusky; 10-19-2017, 12:37 PM. Reason: wrong size
      Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
      —H. L. Mencken

Comment

114. Winnipeg Jets

a.k.a. Atlanta Thrashers

Why?...because Atlanta failed as a hockey town twice

The Good....The fans are happy that the NHL is back in Winnipeg. It should be noted, this includes the Jets and Thrashers stats. It does not include the original Winnipeg Jet stats which still belong to the Arizona Coyotes

The Bad....two playoff trips in 17 years?!?

The Ugly....Have you vacationed in Winnipeg in the winter?

Where they play? Bell MTS Place, the original Jets played in the Winnipeg Arena

Owner: Mark Chipman is the Chairman of True North Sports & Entertainment.

Coach: Paul Maurice, only played in the OHL but has an extensive coaching career

Top Current Players: Dustin Byfuglien and Blake Wheeler come to mind.

Hall of Famer...There are for the original Jets, I’ll save that for when the Coyotes come up.
        —H. L. Mencken

Comment

113. New Orleans Saints

Why?...Decades of really poor football, forcing fans to rely on LSU Football for wins

The Good....Had their one shining moment winning Super Bowl XLIV, make that one half of a shining moment since they didn’t show up until the second half.

The Bad....many of the players from that Super Bowl are still on the roster almost ten years later

The Ugly....It took twenty years from birth to secure a playoff spot, it took an additional 13 years to actually win a playoff game

Where they play? Mercedes-Benz Superdome, an all time great building though showing its age. When Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005, the Saints played their home games in San Antonio’s Alamodome and Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

Owner: Tom Benson, at 90 years old is just a figurehead while the Benson children squabble as to who call the shots.

Coach: Sean Payton, he got his ring, hasn’t been put out to pasture yet.

Top Current Players: DEW BEES!!!!!

Hall of Famers....Archie Manning, Morten Andersen, Willie Roaf, Rickey Jackson
          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

113. New Orleans Saints
            for the record, mookie had them at 26-1 when they beat peyton!!!!!!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

112. Arizona Cardinals

Why?...Like the Saints but have a longer history of crappy football, first being a second banana to the Bears in Chicago, then second banana in St. Louis to the baseball Cardinals, then to Phoenix where they still suck. But it is a dry suck.

The Good....One Super Bowl Appearance in a close game against the Steelers and one NFL Championship in 1947. Currently the longest championship drought in professional sports.

The Bad....Currently the longest championship drought in sports.

The Ugly....Continuously owned by the Bidwell Family whose decades of stinginess have led to poor play.

Where they play? University of Phoenix Stadium, where all season ticket holder have online degrees in something that they cannot use in the workforce.

Owner: Bill Bidwell is 86 years old, so his son Michael is calling the shots

Coach: Bruce Arians who seems to have a beret fetish.

Top Current Players: Larry Fitzgerald….poor Larry Fitzgerald

Hall of Famers....Dick “Night Train” Lane, Dan Dierdorf, Jackie Smith, Aeneas Williams
              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

111. Charlotte Hornets

a.k.a Charlotte Bobcats

Why?...This will sound confusing but this will include the original Charlotte Hornets up until their move to New Orleans. Along with the birth of the Charlotte Bobcats and renaming of the Hornets in 2014.

The Good....Made it out of the first round four times but not since 2002

The Bad....Those expansion years were bad, both the Hornets and the Bobcats. Just 7 wins in the strike shortened 2012 season.

The Ugly....You had the draft rights to Kobe Bryant and traded it for Vlade Divac. First franchise to move because the fans found out that the owner is a rapist.

Where they play? Spectrum Center, Just like the company, the Hornets are capable of several outages for long periods of time. The NBA nixed the idea of letting the Hornets show to play around 2 to 6 pm.

Owner: Michael Jordan, you might have heard of the guy.

Coach: Steve Clifford, not as notable as the owner, not to be confused with a big red dog.

Top Current Players: Kemba Walker, Dwight Howard (how he’s here now?)

Hall of Famers....Robert Parish had a late dinner here, Alonzo Mourning had an early breakfast here.
                —H. L. Mencken

Comment

110. Minnesota Twins

a.k.a Washington Senators (version 1)

Why?...While the Twins occasionally will have a stinker of a season, they had a lot more when they were the Senators before moving to Minnesota in 1961.

The Good....3 World Series Titles, including 1987 and 1991

The Bad.... Washington D.C. fans had a saying “First in War, First in Peace, Last in the American League”.

The Ugly... “I'll tell you why we came to Minnesota. It was when we found out you only had 15,000 blacks here. Black people don't go to ballgames, but they'll fill up a rassling ring and put up such a chant it'll scare you to death. We came here because you've got good, hardworking white people here."[ -Calvin Griffith, team owner on why he moved the team from Washington to Minnesota.

Where they play? Target Field, I’ve seen it, it’s a cute lil ballpark, I’m not going to knock it.

Owner: Jim Pohlad son of Carl Pohlad who bought the Twins in 1984 from the Griffith Family

Manager: Paul Molitor, a Hall of Famer, 7x All Star, 4x Silver Slugger. Currently in his third year

Top Current Players: Ervin Santana, Joe Mauer, Brian Dozier
                  —H. L. Mencken

Comment

111. Charlotte Hornets

a.k.a Charlotte Bobcats

Why?...This will sound confusing but this will include the original Charlotte Hornets up until their move to New Orleans. Along with the birth of the Charlotte Bobcats and renaming of the Hornets in 2014.
                    If we're including the original Hornets(which seems weird, especially since the Pelicans haven't cracked the list yet), then as a '90s kid, I'd be remiss if I didn't add that the Hornets were the team of the '90s. I didn't own a Hornets Starter jacket, but probably would have if I had had more control of discretionary income(I think I had to settle for a hat instead). Those things were ubiquitous. Growing up in southeastern Michigan, it was probably a 60/30/10 split between the Hornets/Bulls/Pistons. That was probably what led to the Pistons disastrous teal phase.
                    Last edited by MaizeRage; 10-26-2017, 11:09 AM.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I had a hornets starter. I was the first in my school. It was awesome.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

109. Brooklyn Nets

a.k.a New Jersey Nets, New York Nets (1978 season only)

Why?...What do you get when your team’s greatest player played his entire NBA Career somewhere else?

The Good....Jason Kidd DUI’ed the Nets to two Eastern Conference Championships in 2002 & 2003.

The Bad....Usually follow an occasional winning season with a decade of incompetence.

The Ugly...Desperate trying to be on par with the crosstown Knicks and failing is a lot like being a parasite on top of a turd.

Where they play? Barclays Arena, because those private arenas being built via eminent domain are always popular with the local crowd.

Owner: Mikhail Prokhorov, who I believe made his money into hacking into your checking account.

Manager: Kenny Atkinson, it appears he played mostly in Europe as a player, in his second year of coaching. I automatically assumed it was Kenny Anderson, the former Seton Hall star.

Top Current Players: Jeremy Lin (who you won’t see this season), Timofey Mozgov (sure why not)

Hall of Famers....Julius Erving (who played his entire career with the 76ers), several Nets hall of famers had cups of coffee with the Nets but no one would spend their career there. One exception would be Drazen Petrovic who was an all-star but died in a car crash in 1993
                        —H. L. Mencken

Comment

So the ABA never existed?

Kep (probably) and I have fond memories of Billy "The Whopper" Paultz and Wendall Ladner.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Kep (probably) and I have fond memories of Billy "The Whopper" Paultz and Wendall Ladner.
                            If I count the ABA, should I count the USFL as well? Imagine doing a post about the Kentucky Colonels or The Spirits of St. Louis.
                            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

If I count the ABA, should I count the USFL as well? Imagine doing a post about the Kentucky Colonels or The Spirits of St. Louis.
                              I just peeked in here, but is the WHL in the mix? Or AFL (Arena)? For the latter, some guy named Kurt Warner (Iowa Barnstormers) led the hapless Rams to a title.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I grew up watching the Nets in the ABA with many games in Nassau Coliseum (I was too young when they played in the Commack Arena, near where I lived, but I did see the Long Island Ducks in that place). Of course, Ladner's story ended in a tragic, tragic way.

Don't forget Rick Barry and of course their best player who played his entire NBA career somewhere else. Watching in person Erving sail from the foul line to lay down a dunk was out of this world.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X