X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Cincinnati was settled in 1788, so no.
    Well, the Browns have never been good in my lifetime so it might as well have been in the 1700s when they were winning

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Browns have 4 NFL titles.
      And the Vikings have 1. Nothing more need be said.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm always surprised the Cardinals are never in the discussion for worst team, it's always the Lions or Browns. Sure, the Cardinals have made one Super Bowl, but they didn't win it, and their last title came in 1947, which actually puts them as the holder of the longest drought in the 4 major sports.

They've been around almost 120 years, have played in three different cities, have just two championships, one of which shouldn't even count (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925...ip_controversy), and are the losingest team in NFL history.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          I'm always surprised the Cardinals are never in the discussion for worst team, it's always the Lions or Browns. Sure, the Cardinals have made one Super Bowl, but they didn't win it, and their last title came in 1947, which actually puts them as the holder of the longest drought in the 4 major sports.

They've been around almost 120 years, have played in three different cities, have just two championships, one of which shouldn't even count (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925...ip_controversy), and are the losingest team in NFL history.
          I guess we all can come up with our own formula for what makes one franchise better than another, but personally it's hard for me to rank a franchise with an actual title behind one that's never won one. It's why you play the game.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

and are the losingest team in NFL history.
            To me this probably deserves the most weight for selecting the worst team especially with a sample size that large, you have a good point.

Comment

We're they in Chicago or St. Louis when they won in 1947?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                I guess we all can come up with our own formula for what makes one franchise better than another, but personally it's hard for me to rank a franchise with an actual title behind one that's never won one. It's why you play the game.
                I agree somewhat, and was talking more about the automatic Browns response rather than the Bengals ranking. For the last decade the Cardinals have been a decent franchise, but before that was a century of nothing. At least the Browns and Lions could claim dynasties at some point in their existence.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                To me this probably deserves the most weight for selecting the worst team especially with a sample size that large, you have a good point.
                They're losingest by total losses, but the second worst by winning percentage. Bucs have the worst all time winning percentage, though the 50-70 year head start by the Cardinals causes me to default to them.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  I'm not ranking Clarkson below Bowling Green.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

at the time that caused the largest twitter explosion in history. servers were down and espn was actually doing a sports story on this instead of a planned feature on a woman getting opportunities to play on the mens diving team at harvard.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      at the time that caused the largest twitter explosion in history. servers were down and espn was actually doing a sports story on this instead of a planned feature on a woman getting opportunities to play on the mens diving team at harvard.
                      And black people weren't allowed to play. **** this stupid modern day PC culture.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

And black people weren't allowed to play. **** this stupid modern day PC culture.
                        When the Browns won their last NFL title, Trump was 18.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

116. Tampa Bay Rays

a.k.a. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Why?...Although they dropped the ‘Devil’ their performance is still hellish on their fans.

The Good....One Pennant in 2008….

The Bad....after ten seasons of last place play

The Ugly....Have you seen where they play? Is that actually a place where people play baseball?

Where they play? Tropicana Field, a building made up of old orange juice containers.

Owner: Stuart Sternberg, a Wall Street Investor. He keeps quiet except when asking for the early bird specials at 4pm Monday thru Friday. Sternberg is actually a Mets fan, which is punishment enough for anybody.

Manager: Kevin Cash, a journeyman catcher in the 2000s, just finished his third year of managing the Rays.

Top Current Players: Evan Longoria had a very successful career on TV’s ‘Desparate Housewives’

Hall of Famer...Wade Boggs, Chicken enthusiast who always had a strong batting average, but had more of a career with the New York Yankees.
                          Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                            Owner: Stuart Sternberg, a Wall Street Investor. He keeps quiet except when asking for the early bird specials at 4pm Monday thru Friday. Sternberg is actually a Mets fan, which is punishment enough for anybody.
                            Well Jesus F-ck, I wish he'd buy them.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              When the Browns won their last NFL title, Trump was 18.
                              the year he was drafted...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Well Jesus F-ck, I wish he'd buy them.
                                when are they going up for sale?

Comment

Working...
                                X