Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

Re: 122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Cincinnati was settled in 1788, so no.
    Well, the Browns have never been good in my lifetime so it might as well have been in the 1700s when they were winning

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Browns have 4 NFL titles.
    And the Vikings have 1. Nothing more need be said.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Generic Catchy Message

I'm always surprised the Cardinals are never in the discussion for worst team, it's always the Lions or Browns. Sure, the Cardinals have made one Super Bowl, but they didn't win it, and their last title came in 1947, which actually puts them as the holder of the longest drought in the 4 major sports.

They've been around almost 120 years, have played in three different cities, have just two championships, one of which shouldn't even count (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925...ip_controversy), and are the losingest team in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I'm always surprised the Cardinals are never in the discussion for worst team, it's always the Lions or Browns. Sure, the Cardinals have made one Super Bowl, but they didn't win it, and their last title came in 1947, which actually puts them as the holder of the longest drought in the 4 major sports.

They've been around almost 120 years, have played in three different cities, have just two championships, one of which shouldn't even count (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925...ip_controversy), and are the losingest team in NFL history.
    I guess we all can come up with our own formula for what makes one franchise better than another, but personally it's hard for me to rank a franchise with an actual title behind one that's never won one. It's why you play the game.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

and are the losingest team in NFL history.
    To me this probably deserves the most weight for selecting the worst team especially with a sample size that large, you have a good point.

We're they in Chicago or St. Louis when they won in 1947?

Generic Catchy Message
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I guess we all can come up with our own formula for what makes one franchise better than another, but personally it's hard for me to rank a franchise with an actual title behind one that's never won one. It's why you play the game.
    I agree somewhat, and was talking more about the automatic Browns response rather than the Bengals ranking. For the last decade the Cardinals have been a decent franchise, but before that was a century of nothing. At least the Browns and Lions could claim dynasties at some point in their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    To me this probably deserves the most weight for selecting the worst team especially with a sample size that large, you have a good point.
    They're losingest by total losses, but the second worst by winning percentage. Bucs have the worst all time winning percentage, though the 50-70 year head start by the Cardinals causes me to default to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm not ranking Clarkson below Bowling Green.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

there's a good buck in that racket.

at the time that caused the largest twitter explosion in history. servers were down and espn was actually doing a sports story on this instead of a planned feature on a woman getting opportunities to play on the mens diving team at harvard.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Generic Catchy Message
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    at the time that caused the largest twitter explosion in history. servers were down and espn was actually doing a sports story on this instead of a planned feature on a woman getting opportunities to play on the mens diving team at harvard.
    And black people weren't allowed to play. **** this stupid modern day PC culture.

And black people weren't allowed to play. **** this stupid modern day PC culture.
    When the Browns won their last NFL title, Trump was 18.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

116. Tampa Bay Rays

a.k.a. Tampa Bay Devil Rays

Why?...Although they dropped the ‘Devil’ their performance is still hellish on their fans.

The Good....One Pennant in 2008….

The Bad....after ten seasons of last place play

The Ugly....Have you seen where they play? Is that actually a place where people play baseball?

Where they play? Tropicana Field, a building made up of old orange juice containers.

Owner: Stuart Sternberg, a Wall Street Investor. He keeps quiet except when asking for the early bird specials at 4pm Monday thru Friday. Sternberg is actually a Mets fan, which is punishment enough for anybody.

Manager: Kevin Cash, a journeyman catcher in the 2000s, just finished his third year of managing the Rays.

Top Current Players: Evan Longoria had a very successful career on TV’s ‘Desparate Housewives’

Hall of Famer...Wade Boggs, Chicken enthusiast who always had a strong batting average, but had more of a career with the New York Yankees.
    Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
    —H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by CommAvHusky View Post
    Owner: Stuart Sternberg, a Wall Street Investor. He keeps quiet except when asking for the early bird specials at 4pm Monday thru Friday. Sternberg is actually a Mets fan, which is punishment enough for anybody.
    Well Jesus F-ck, I wish he'd buy them.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the Browns won their last NFL title, Trump was 18.
    the year he was drafted...

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Well Jesus F-ck, I wish he'd buy them.
    when are they going up for sale?

116. Tampa Bay Rays...Hall of Famer...Wade Boggs, Chicken enthusiast who always had a strong batting average, but had more of a career with the New York Yankees.
    Uh the batting titles and post season failure came with our Red Sox.

115. Tennessee Titans

a.k.a. Houston Oilers

Why?...when their best coach was a Bum.

The Good....One AFC Championship. I don’t count the AFL Before the Super Bowl started.

The Bad....Seems like every season they were in the abyss, whether it be the AFC Central or AFC South

The Ugly....This was a team that failed at relocation, leaving Houston for Memphis even though you plan on playing in Nashville?

Where they play? Nissan Stadium. I guess it sounds better than ****ty Japanese Car Stadium

Owner: KSA Industries, its original owner Bud Adams passed away in 2013.

Coach: Mike Mularkey, a man literally full of ****, is on his third coaching tenure after unsuccessful coaching runs in Buffalo and Jacksonville

Top Current Players: Marcus Mariota is a promising Quarterback, DeMarco Murray is quietly production

Hall of Famer...The most prominent are Earl Campbell, Bruce Matthews, and Warren Moon.
    Last edited by CommAvHusky; 10-19-2017 at 01:37 PM. Reason: wrong size
    —H. L. Mencken

114. Winnipeg Jets

a.k.a. Atlanta Thrashers

Why?...because Atlanta failed as a hockey town twice

The Good....The fans are happy that the NHL is back in Winnipeg. It should be noted, this includes the Jets and Thrashers stats. It does not include the original Winnipeg Jet stats which still belong to the Arizona Coyotes

The Bad....two playoff trips in 17 years?!?

The Ugly....Have you vacationed in Winnipeg in the winter?

Where they play? Bell MTS Place, the original Jets played in the Winnipeg Arena

Owner: Mark Chipman is the Chairman of True North Sports & Entertainment.

Coach: Paul Maurice, only played in the OHL but has an extensive coaching career

Top Current Players: Dustin Byfuglien and Blake Wheeler come to mind.

Hall of Famer...There are for the original Jets, I’ll save that for when the Coyotes come up.
    —H. L. Mencken

113. New Orleans Saints

Why?...Decades of really poor football, forcing fans to rely on LSU Football for wins

The Good....Had their one shining moment winning Super Bowl XLIV, make that one half of a shining moment since they didn’t show up until the second half.

The Bad....many of the players from that Super Bowl are still on the roster almost ten years later

The Ugly....It took twenty years from birth to secure a playoff spot, it took an additional 13 years to actually win a playoff game

Where they play? Mercedes-Benz Superdome, an all time great building though showing its age. When Hurricane Katrina hit in 2005, the Saints played their home games in San Antonio’s Alamodome and Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge.

Owner: Tom Benson, at 90 years old is just a figurehead while the Benson children squabble as to who call the shots.

Coach: Sean Payton, he got his ring, hasn’t been put out to pasture yet.

Top Current Players: DEW BEES!!!!!

Hall of Famers....Archie Manning, Morten Andersen, Willie Roaf, Rickey Jackson
    —H. L. Mencken

113. New Orleans Saints
    for the record, mookie had them at 26-1 when they beat peyton!!!!!!

Thread Information