X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This is a sh-thole:

That roof design was inspired by the Utica Aud. I kid you not.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      That roof design was inspired by the Utica Aud. I kid you not.
      Everything eventually connects back to Ned Harkness.

Man, there is potential to do a truly inspiring Canadian Gods parody.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is the Garden of my early childhood. The ice sheet was 185x80 or the same size as The Walker (Clarkson) Arena.

CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

60. Phoenix Suns

Why? While the Suns might literally be the hottest team in the NBA, they always come out dry in the end.

The Good. Two Western Conference Championships (1976, 1993)

The Bad. This whole decade, the Suns haven’t been in the playoffs since 2010.

The Ugly. On April 17, 1987, the Maricopa County attorney's office announced indictments against 13 individuals in relation to a cocaine-trafficking investigation. The indictees included Suns players James Edwards, Jay Humphries and Grant Gondrezick, and former players Garfield Heard and Mike Bratz. Edwards, Gondrezick and Bratz were charged with three counts of conspiracy to traffic in or possess a narcotic drug, while Humphries and Heard were charged with one count. A number of other current or former Suns players (Walter Davis, William Bedford, Alvin Scott, Johnny High, Don Buse and Curtis Perry) were named in the indictments but not charged. Other indictees were: Terrence Patrick Kelly, a waiter at Avanti's restaurant in Phoenix; Wynn and Kim Lesure, local businessmen; James Jordan, manager of Malarkey's nightclub in Phoenix; Joseph Beninato, a team photographer; Ramon Vives, owner of Avanti's restaurants in Phoenix and Scottsdale; Kevin Merriweather, roommate of Suns' center William Bedford; and an undisclosed team ticket taker.[9]

Where they play: Talking Stick Resort Arena, originally called the America West Arena when built in 1992. Owned by the city of Phoenix, for the record the Suns are the only team in Arizona not to revert their name from Phoenix to Arizona.

Owner: Robert Sarver, Banker and Real Estate Enthusiast bought the team from Jerry Colangelo in 2004

Coach: Jay Triano, first season coaching the Suns. Coached in Toronto for three seasons, the first Canadian-born NBA Head Coach.

Top Current Players: Devin Booker, Tyson Chandler, T.J. Warren

Hall of Famers: Charles Barkley and Connie Hawkins spent a few seasons with the Suns.

Up Next: The Minnesota Vikings
          Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
          —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
            60. Phoenix Suns

Why? While the Suns might literally be the hottest team in the NBA, they always come out dry in the end.

The Good. Two Western Conference Championships (1976, 1993)
            For a team that has never won anything and only two conference titles, this is a darn high ranking. Realistically, they should be bottom 10.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

For a team that has never won anything and only two conference titles, this is a darn high ranking. Realistically, they should be bottom 10.
              No, granted they are terrible now but the Suns have always been mid to decent team for most of their history.
              —H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Originally posted by CommAvHusky View Post
                No, granted they are terrible now but the Suns have always been mid to decent team for most of their history.
                Just tell him to go get you a beer, will ya??
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Just tell him to go get you a beer, will ya??
                  No, ....go get me a beer.
                  —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Regular season matters a lot in this poll. Has too.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

BTW, didn't Grand Central Station get a complete overhaul? I think that's supposed to be pretty darn nice now. Penn Station is a true sh*thole, though better than the Port Authority ... which certainly isn't saying much.
                      The renovations are about 20 years old now, but yes, they were very nice. GCT is one of my favorite buildings in the world.

Incidentally, in looking that up, I saw where the MTA's lease with GCT runs through February 28, 2274. That seems.....optimistic.
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        The renovations are about 20 years old now, but yes, they were very nice. GCT is one of my favorite buildings in the world.

Incidentally, in looking that up, I saw where the MTA's lease with GCT runs through February 28, 2274. That seems.....optimistic.
                        My Dad worked in the Graybar building which is attached to GCT. For years the building ran on DC power from the tracks at GCT.

A fun day was first day of summer camp where all the campers lined (crowded) the floor of the Terminal ready to take their trains to wherever. In 65 and 66 my brother and I boarded the train to the Rte 128 station outside of Boston and then school busses to Camp Marist in Center Is super, NH. No AC in those days!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post

I thought New York would have known better after Bobby Bonilla.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post

I thought, legally, the longest lease you can ever sign is 99 years.

Well, at least that's one item NYC doesn't have to worry about...
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              i thought new york would have known better after bobby bonilla.
                              lmao
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

59. Cleveland Indians

Why? A franchise that has its share of highs and lows. While they broke the American League record for consecutive wins this past season at 22, the Indians have baseball’s longest championship drought, not winning the Fall Classic since 1948.

The Good. Two World Series Championships (1920, 1948), set a then record 111 American League wins in 1954.

The Bad. When the Indians lost to the Cubs in the 2016 World Series, the Indians inherited baseball’s longest championship drought. The Indians have been to the World Series four times since 1948, (1954, 1995, 1997, 2016).

The Ugly. Known as The Curse of Rocky Colavito, prior to the start of the 1960 season, the Indians traded the defending home run champion to Detroit for Harvey Kuenn. At this turning point, the Indians went from good to bad being largely irrelevant until the mid-1990’s. Colavito claimed he never cursed the team but cursed its GM, Frank Lane. The Indians during this dark period traded a lot of young talent for veterans that never amounted to much. The Indians were so bad during this period, they were the “underdog” team used for the Major League movies starring Charlie Sheen amongst a bunch of star actors.

Where they play. Progressive Field, opened in 1994 as Jacobs Field, replaced Cleveland Stadium (i.e. The Mistake on the Lake). Considered one of the nicest ballparks in the league.

Owner: Larry Dolan, lawyer who bought the team from Richard Jacobs in 2000. Is the uncle of Knicks owner/tormenter James Dolan.

Manager: Terry Francona, a journeyman middle infielder in the 1980’s, Francona finished his fifth season as manager of the Indians, also had terms managing in Philadelphia and Boston.

Top Current Players: Corey Kluber, Edwin Encarnacion, Jose Ramirez

Hall of Famers: Cy Young, Nap Lajoie, Earl Averill, Larry Doby, Lou Boudreau, Bob Feller, Bob Lemon, Al Lopez, Joe Sewell, Tris Speaker, Early Wynn

Up Next: The Minnesota Vikings
                                Last edited by CommAvHusky; 01-09-2018, 07:49 PM.
                                —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
                                X