122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 122 Franchises Ranked Bottom to Top:

Mookie will say the 'neighborhood' where the preds play is prolly the coolest.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      As a Jets fan, I'll take that "win." BTW, whenever the Jets are the home team, everything about the Giants are covered up. And vice versa. So, it really wasn't a Rex Ryan thing.

I once went to a Jets-Giants game at the old Giants Stadium when the Jets were the home team. Last game of the season. Jets win on the last play of the game. This essentially was going to knock the Giants out of the playoffs as long as the Rams won their game later in the day. So, us Jets fans started chanting, "R!A!M!S! RAMS! RAMS! RAMS!"

Oh, the Rams won...
      1988 If I'm not mistaken.
      Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
      —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        I can't imagine what it would be like to have an ice hockey franchise in a city where it never snows and rarely gets below freezing.
        The average low temperature in Raleigh is 32 or below from mid-December until early February. That hardly qualifies as "rarely gets below freezing". They also average 7.3" of snow per year.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          The average low temperature in Raleigh is 32 or below from mid-December until early February. That hardly qualifies as "rarely gets below freezing". They also average 7.3" of snow per year.
          While this is true, the winters there are incredibly pleasant. It is genuinely comfortable most of the winter and even on the coldest days it feels like maybe a bracing New England fall day. Atmospherically there is never the leaden sky and suicide-inducing spareness* that is essential for a genuine hockey environment.

* Mandatory disclosure: I am exhilarated by the Nordic aesthetic of winter due to a lingering Stockholm Syndrome from 5 years in Ithaca.
          Last edited by Kepler; 12-01-2017, 11:44 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I spent 5 in Potsdam. Is that Narvik Numbness?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Living here. It ain't cold.

Part of the reason we moved here.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Living here. It ain't cold.

Part of the reason we moved here.

I'm certainly not comparing it to a Northeast/Midwest winter. By those standards, yes, it's quite pleasant. I have a friend that lives that outside of Raleigh who complains all the time about how much he misses New England winters. However, to say that it "never snows" and "rarely gets below freezing" are completely untrue.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  to say that it "never snows" and "rarely gets below freezing" are completely untrue.
                  sorry, my thoughts had turned to LA and Tampa Bay by that point, but I didn't write that part down....

though there was the Jamaican bobsled team.

We lived in southwest Wyoming leading up to the 2000 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, and our town of 12,500 hosted the Jamaican bobsled team for training. We'd see them in the rec center all the time.
                  Last edited by FreshFish; 12-01-2017, 04:47 PM.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Raleigh gets that much snow per year?
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I think it's just Incipient Alcoholism.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's why you are supposed to graduate in FOUR years.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          That's why you are supposed to graduate in FOUR years.
                          Masters.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

85. Carolina Panthers

Why? Easily one of the most inconsistent franchises in sports, following this team is like being on a roller coaster.

The Good. 2 time NFC Champions, went to the NFC Championship in only their second season. Finished 15-1 in 2015. A bad kickoff away from winning a Super Bowl.

The Bad. In 2001, they won on Opening Day, then lost their 15 games, a 2-14 season in 2010. Proceeding to play like butt after having championship caliber seasons.

The Ugly. Followed their amazing 2nd year of 12-4 to go 7-9. Went 7-9 one year after their first Super Bowl. Went 6-10 in 2016 after going 15-1 the year before.

Where they play? Bank of America Stadium. One day I hope Bank of America gets foreclosed.

Owner: Jerry Richardson, Richardson became the first person since George Halas to play in the NFL. He played for the Baltimore Colts in 1959 and 1960. Made his money owning Hardee’s franchises and becoming a food service giant.

Coach: Ron Rivera, Rivera played on the ’85 Bears Super Bowl as a linebacker. Currently in his 7th season coaching the Panthers

Top Current Players: Cam Newton, Julius Peppers, Luke Kuechly

Hall of Famers…Reggie White and Kevin Greene had cups of coffee in Carolina.
                            Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.
                            —H. L. Mencken

Comment

Masters.
                              Hey, the captain of the Potsdam hockey team when I was there did the 3/2 program and got a masters ... all in four years.

Slacker...
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Hey, the captain of the Potsdam hockey team when I was there did the 3/2 program and got a masters ... all in four years.

Slacker...
                                2.5 years as a Math major and realized that if I was not enthralled by Advanced Calculus and Compiler Cobstruction, that was not the major for me. Switched to Accounting.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X