NE10 2017-18 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE10 2017-18 Season

With the first NE10 game scheduled for 12 days from now I wanted to get this thread started. My hope, is that I will be able to keep this updated as we move along through the season.

First, changes for the upcoming year. Saint Anselm & Saint Michael's are now playing full schedules in the NE10 conference. So each school will have 15 games that go towards their conference tournament seeding. Post will also join in a scheduling agreement- so each school will also play a three game set with them. Post is not a member this year, and it could be possible they join in a year or two- but nothing is certain at this time.

This week's games (10/9-10/15): None.

Re: NE10 2017-18 Season

The days are growing short, and nights long which can only mean we are one week closer to NE10 hockey!

I wanted to provide links to the 3 NH programs and their new coaches. SNHU, Saint A's and Franklin Pierce ALL have new bosses due to a number of circumstances.

From experience, at SNHU the results were just lacking. What began as a promising season in the pre-winter break period turned disastrous as the Penmen missed out on the NE10 postseason.

SNHU: http://www.northeast10.org/sports/mi..._New_Hampshire

St. A's: http://www.northeast10.org/sports/mi...t_Saint_Anselm

FPU: http://www.northeast10.org/sports/mi...rce_Head_Coach

This week's schedule (10/16-10/22): 1 game-
    10/22 4 PM Saint Anselm at Norwich (Exhibition)

Comment

Make it 20 against each other and after 2 years (I think) you could play in the D1 tournament if you wanted to.

I don't want to see the result of that game. I fear it would look like a women's basketball game between UCONN and Little Sisters of the Poor. But you'd share in the revenue!!
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Make it 20 against each other and after 2 years (I think) you could play in the D1 tournament if you wanted to.

I don't want to see the result of that game. I fear it would look like a women's basketball game between UCONN and Little Sisters of the Poor. But you'd share in the revenue!!
        Is that so? Number of games in conference leading to a chance at getting an auto bid? I thought it was just NEVER possible - even though it is in theory. Beat downs be ****ed, if the NE10 were allowed a spot in (play in or whatever) it would give us all something extra to get excited for and work towards. Really blows to have the season end so early in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post
          Is that so? Number of games in conference leading to a chance at getting an auto bid? I thought it was just NEVER possible - even though it is in theory. Beat downs be ****ed, if the NE10 were allowed a spot in (play in or whatever) it would give us all something extra to get excited for and work towards. Really blows to have the season end so early in the spring.
          There is an obscure bylaw that allows D2 teams who do not have a D2 championship (i.e. ice hockey) to say that they want to play in the D1 tournament. This is good for 2 years.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            There is an obscure bylaw that allows D2 teams who do not have a D2 championship (i.e. ice hockey) to say that they want to play in the D1 tournament. This is good for 2 years.
            Upon further research, I found out also that they would need another conference to co-sponsor them as well. They couldn't just play in the D1 tournament. So unless it expands again, seems VERY unlikely. But slim hope!

Comment

Things begin to pick up this weekend as there are 6 games on the schedule for 3 NE10 teams- the rest of the conference will get into the mix the following weekend.

Last week's results:

Norwich 4, Saint Anselm 0 (Exhibition)

This week's schedule:

Fri. 27
              6:00 PM Bryn Athyn at Saint Anselm
              7:00 PM Saint Michael's at Potsdam

Sat. 28
              4:00 PM Potsdam at Saint Michael's
              7:00 PM Saint Anselm at U. of New England (Exhibition)
              7:30 PM Assumption at Suffolk

Sun. 29
              5:35 PM Becker at Assumption

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2017/10/25/st-a...aels-in-ne-10/

Season preview.

Comment

Saint Anselm picked to win the NE-10...barely...

http://northeast10.org/sports/mice/2..._Coaches-_Poll

Comment

Last week's results:

Fri. 27
                    Saint Anselm 4, Bryn Athyn 2
                    Saint Michael's 3, Potsdam 3 (OT)

Sat. 28
                    Potsdam 5, Saint Michael's 2
                    U. of New England 6, Saint Anselm 4 (Exhibition)
                    Suffolk 5, Assumption 2

Sun. 29
                    Becker 7, Assumption 2

This week's schedule:

First conference game of the season takes place on Friday night when Saint Anselm hosts Saint Mike's.

Nov. 2
                    7:30 PM Assumption at UMass-Dartmouth
                    7:30 PM Franklin Pierce at Framingham St.

Nov. 3
                    7:00 PM Saint Michael's at Saint Anselm

Nov. 4
                    4:00 PM Assumption at Fitchburg State
                    6:00 PM Stonehill at Plymouth State
                    7:00 PM Worcester State at Franklin Pierce
                    7:40 PM SNHU at Framingham St.

Comment

Working...
                    X