X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    Listened to the Niagra game and watched the RIT game. The RIT announcers were both surprised and impressed the RPI band was there. As to the hockey, 11 goals over 2 games is impressive , no matter who the opponent is. I do think, however, they ran into a goalie on Saturday that had a pretty bad night. They will definitely need to tighten their defensive game up quite a bit if they hope to be close in the games with Union. But overall, a pretty good start. Hopefully, as Coach Smith touted, they will get better period to period, game to game.
    We have scored 13 goals in our first 4 games. In all of the SA years we were only able to reach or surpass that number once (thanks to playing a Sacred Heart twice in the first 4 games). I consider this a rather positive thing to focus on. Perhaps we will be able to score by committee.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      We have scored 13 goals in our first 4 games. In all of the SA years we were only able to reach or surpass that number once (thanks to playing a Sacred Heart twice in the first 4 games). I consider this a rather positive thing to focus on. Perhaps we will be able to score by committee.
      Or perhaps we need to start playing more Atlantic teams.

I'll wait to pass judgement on scoring until we get some league play under our belt.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Men's Hockey vs. Union Pre-Game..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDasbXU2JUg
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Here's one final reminder that today is the LAST DAY to submit an entry into the ECAC Pick The Standings contest! League play starts tonight, so if you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!

(DrD and Jenny, I'm looking at you!)
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I’m liking this Team more & more. Let’s give them time. They’re proving they don’t quit.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    I’m liking this Team more & more. Let’s give them time. They’re proving they don’t quit.
                    Adjustments are certainly nice. Unfortunately as much as things change, other things seem to also remain the same. We'll see if we can do anything tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Adjustments are certainly nice. Unfortunately as much as things change, other things seem to also remain the same. We'll see if we can do anything tomorrow.
                      We can't turn it around instantaneously.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        We can't turn it around instantaneously.
                        Never said we had to. Continuous progress is something I'm looking for this season. We've already figured out in-game adjustments. We've already figured out third period scoring. What did we figure out this time that we didn't have last week? Were the faceoff numbers better?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Never said we had to. Continuous progress is something I'm looking for this season. We've already figured out in-game adjustments. We've already figured out third period scoring. What did we figure out this time that we didn't have last week? Were the faceoff numbers better?
                          WRPI mentioned Tironese was having success on FOs, not sure what the team stats were
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Perry Had no chance on the first two goals. Union pp is still very crisp. We will win big tonight I feel. Is Jesper ok he was sitting next to me during the game.
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Perry was dumped twice last night. Once in the first period right in front of the referee, and again on the short handed goal, which the refs could see in slow motion and still did nothing.
                              Are goalies fair game this year? As for the rest of the game, the refs were totally inconsistent. Letting the players go for long periods and then calling minor stick infractions that had been let go previously.
                              I guess they just wanted to get in the game.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Perry Had no chance on the first two goals. Union pp is still very crisp. We will win big tonight I feel. Is Jesper ok he was sitting next to me during the game.
                                Twice the D man trails off from the weak side. I also saw it twice at RIT. We REALLY gotta stop opening games by giving that up.

Highlights from the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCx0zfkvGH0

Comment

Working...
                                X