Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1001

Thread: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

  1. #121
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,499

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Perry was dumped twice last night. Once in the first period right in front of the referee, and again on the short handed goal, which the refs could see in slow motion and still did nothing.
    Are goalies fair game this year? As for the rest of the game, the refs were totally inconsistent. Letting the players go for long periods and then calling minor stick infractions that had been let go previously.
    I guess they just wanted to get in the game.
    Would you expect any different from this matchup?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  2. #122
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Never said we had to...
    Your comments suggest otherwise

  3. #123
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,499

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Your comments suggest otherwise
    Vos insultes étaient meilleures en français.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  4. #124
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,881

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    WRPI mentioned Tironese was having success on FOs, not sure what the team stats were
    FO were 32-32. “Tiro” was 8-8. Of course, as Doc often mentions, that doesn’t tell the whole story. Where, when were FO won/lost..... http://www.rpiathletics.com/boxscore...ockey&id=13006
    Last edited by turk181; 10-28-2017 at 12:26 PM.

  5. #125
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,568

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions



  6. #126
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,309

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    For the football followers. RPI led until late when SLU scored on a rather unbelievable play to go up 17-14 with only 2 minutes to play. But this RPI football team has some Chutzpah. They took the ensuing kick off and moved down the field and scored with a pass with about 16 seconds to play and win 21-17. RPI now at 6-2 and with only 2 games remaining. The key match up is the Union game. If we can win both games (obviously the Union game), we can get the automatic NCAA bid for the Liberty League and win the League Championship. Even if not, with 6 wins already, we are just about assured of some sort of post season play. Congratulations to the football team and good luck for the next 2 weeks.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  7. #127
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,309

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    FO were 32-32. “Tiro” was 8-8. Of course, as Doc often mentions, that doesn’t tell the whole story. Where, when were FO won/lost..... http://www.rpiathletics.com/boxscore...ockey&id=13006
    Exactly Turk. We need to win the important face offs. When defending against a power play you just cannot allow a clean win back to the point. When on the power play, you have to do just that, win that face off deep in the offensive zone and get off a shot or develop a quick offensive play. Until we do that more consistently, the overall numbers mean far less. Winning a center ice face off means little as does a good percentage of those 5 on 5 ones.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  8. #128
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,881

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    For the football followers. RPI led until late when SLU scored on a rather unbelievable play to go up 17-14 with only 2 minutes to play. But this RPI football team has some Chutzpah. They took the ensuing kick off and moved down the field and scored with a pass with about 16 seconds to play and win 21-17. RPI now at 6-2 and with only 2 games remaining. The key match up is the Union game. If we can win both games (obviously the Union game), we can get the automatic NCAA bid for the Liberty League and win the League Championship. Even if not, with 6 wins already, we are just about assured of some sort of post season play. Congratulations to the football team and good luck for the next 2 weeks.

  9. #129
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,499

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Step forward in defence coverage, step back on the man advantage (both 5v4 and 6v5). Obviously I assume we're not playing the EA Sports version of college hockey where we're limited to how many "points" we can apply to different facets of the game. One thing that's certainly good is our ability to adjust and create a "Plan B". Hopefully some good improvement comes for next weekend.

    Yes, a lame attempt to get back on the top page.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  10. #130
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,568

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Step forward in defence coverage, step back on the man advantage (both 5v4 and 6v5). Obviously I assume we're not playing the EA Sports version of college hockey where we're limited to how many "points" we can apply to different facets of the game. One thing that's certainly good is our ability to adjust and create a "Plan B". Hopefully some good improvement comes for next weekend.

    Yes, a lame attempt to get back on the top page.
    Today is 30 October 2017. There are 4 days until RPI's next game.

  11. #131
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,499

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Today is 30 October 2017. There are 4 days until RPI's next game.
    I thought you weren't going to do that...
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #132
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,568

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Did anyone who was at Saturday's game notice if the bracelets to support Kirsten Iwanski were being sold?

  13. #133
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,568

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I thought you weren't going to do that...
    It was just meant as a joke since you said the thread was off the first page.

  14. #134
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,499

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    It was just meant as a joke since you said the thread was off the first page.
    Fair enough point. After dealing with some of the wackos in the Café, some humour is definitely necessary.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,881

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Did anyone who was at Saturday's game notice if the bracelets to support Kirsten Iwanski were being sold?
    Yes, they were. I bought mine, $5 was the asking/contribution price.

  16. #136
    Auf dem Weg zur Nummer 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    468

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Did anyone who was at Saturday's game notice if the bracelets to support Kirsten Iwanski were being sold?
    Yes, they even had a little video about her on the Jumbotron.

  17. #137
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Fair enough point. After dealing with some of the wackos in the Café...
    Hello, pot..

    BTW, if Ralph can't do the countdown anymore, you can't do the resets

  18. #138
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,499

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Hello, pot..

    BTW, if Ralph can't do the countdown anymore, you can't do the resets
    No one said he wasn't allowed to. He had mentioned however, prior to the Ohio State series, that he wasn't going to, so I found the re-neg a bit odd.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #139
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,568

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions


  20. #140
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    190,568

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •