This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I was actually a little surprised to see them there. I don't recall hearing them at Niagara; perhaps this was a "one night stand" on account of RIT's band having visited us during the last two times we played them at home?

It was a little funny when they were heading over for a joint performance during the end of the 2nd period for the intermission, we scored our 5th goal, and they started playing the fight song over by the corner crew. Needless to say, the corner crew wasn't too enthused.
    That explains the RIT announcers talking about the RPI band taunting the RIT fans. I knew they were wrong when the next shot showed several of our band members mixed in with their's, but I didn't know why they were together.

Comment

Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      That explains the RIT announcers talking about the RPI band taunting the RIT fans. I knew they were wrong when the next shot showed several of our band members mixed in with their's, but I didn't know why they were together.
      Certainly wasn't intentional. We're not Cornell.

Comment

With vicb not running the annual ECAC Pick the Standings contest this season, I have decided to take up the torch and run it. I know we are running on rather short notice as the season will start in just four days, but hopefully we can get a decent turnout regardless. If you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          With vicb not running the annual ECAC Pick the Standings contest this season, I have decided to take up the torch and run it. I know we are running on rather short notice as the season will start in just four days, but hopefully we can get a decent turnout regardless. If you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!
          Thank you for running it.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            Thanks. Of course, the final results may not be posted until the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Thanks. Of course, the final results may not be posted until the start of next season.
              RKarger still look in? Perhaps we can request some incessant nagging from her?

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

.....missed it by that much...argh.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    .....missed it by that much...argh.
                    If you like, I will delete my post.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      If you like, I will delete my post.
                      Nah . BTW, Hayhurst was also nominated for POW.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        Nah . BTW, Hayhurst was also nominated for POW.
                        Who nominates the players for these awards? Is it the HC, the athletic director or the league itself?

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                          Who nominates the players for these awards? Is it the HC, the athletic director or the league itself?
                          I think that it is the HC.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Listened to the Niagra game and watched the RIT game. The RIT announcers were both surprised and impressed the RPI band was there. As to the hockey, 11 goals over 2 games is impressive , no matter who the opponent is. I do think, however, they ran into a goalie on Saturday that had a pretty bad night. They will definitely need to tighten their defensive game up quite a bit if they hope to be close in the games with Union. But overall, a pretty good start. Hopefully, as Coach Smith touted, they will get better period to period, game to game.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              Listened to the Niagra game and watched the RIT game. The RIT announcers were both surprised and impressed the RPI band was there. As to the hockey, 11 goals over 2 games is impressive , no matter who the opponent is. I do think, however, they ran into a goalie on Saturday that had a pretty bad night. They will definitely need to tighten their defensive game up quite a bit if they hope to be close in the games with Union. But overall, a pretty good start. Hopefully, as Coach Smith touted, they will get better period to period, game to game.
                              Four of our d men are underclassmen --it will take time for them to mature. And one of our upperclassman d-men is a liabilty who remains in the lineup thanks to being a draft pick. Team defense (forwards committing to playing both ends) , good goaltending and scoring will be keys
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-25-2017, 12:27 PM.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X