This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

When the new game thread is started, feel free to post the thread-starting stats from the Friday game and update them with a loss for me. It should be easy to calculate my cumulative winning percentage.

I may not be back before the game starts.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The good news: We scored more than one goal. That's something we hadn't done in the season (including the exhibition) until now.

The bad news: Loss on account of regression to the mean when it comes to xx:59 goals. Even if the team historically has had our number.

The ugly news: Every counted game thus far has gone to overtime. I know I've said give a full 65 minute effort, but I didn't think it'd constantly be necessary.

Headed to tonight's game, hopefully things go better and we give a full 65 minute effort.

Comment

Someone at WRPI was apparently under the impression that football games, like hockey games, consist of only three periods. They cut off the broadcast of the RPI-Alfred game at the end of the third quarter and started doing public service announcements.

They corrected the mistake several minutes into the fourth quarter, though they missed an RPI touchdown in the meantime.

It's been a terrific second half for the Engineers, as they have come from a 7-6 halftime deficit to a 30-7 lead midway through the fourth quarter. This is against a very good Alfred team that came into the game with a 5-1 record.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          Someone at WRPI was apparently under the impression that football games, like hockey games, consist of only three periods. They cut off the broadcast of the RPI-Alfred game at the end of the third quarter and started doing public service announcements.

They corrected the mistake several minutes into the fourth quarter, though they missed an RPI touchdown in the meantime.

It's been a terrific second half for the Engineers, as they have come from a 7-6 halftime deficit to a 30-7 lead midway through the fourth quarter. This is against a very good Alfred team that came into the game with a 5-1 record.
          I have heard announcers talking about half time in hockey games. (notWwRPI)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

here's a nearly-useless, but congruent fact considering the leadership change -- last time RPI scored 8 (or more) goals was 12/10/05 v. RIT, a 10-7 win.

I'll let you guys connect the dots here.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Looking at the boxscore I see Praps was the only player (RPI) to have a minus (-1) was he injured during the game or was his ice time cut or merely coincidence?
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Looking at the boxscore I see Praps was the only player (RPI) to have a minus (-1) was he injured during the game or was his ice time cut or merely coincidence?
                Couldn't really tell given FlagDUDETTE and I were behind the net where we shot twice and we don't put numbers on the front, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in the doghouse, given how his weekend's been.

Comment

Let's declare the regular season over. http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi.../#ixzz4wE7N6ur

15 Rensselaer 45 1-1-2 .5000 22t .5753* 15
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

video highlights of RIT game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O9q...ature=youtu.be
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Let's declare the regular season over. http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi.../#ixzz4wE7N6ur

15 Rensselaer 45 1-1-2 .5000 22t .5753* 15
                      With only Quinnipiac and Clarkson ranked higher than us in our own conference, we are off to a nice start. i can imagine how much better our numbers would look and our rankings if we held off Niagara on Friday night for another 1/2 second! All of this will mean nothing if we do not come out ready to play and then play to our best potential both nights next weekend. Union started poorly but has gotten its act together. They lost a lot from last year and are very young but are getting into their game again. Would just love a 3 point weekend but honestly, would settle for a split.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

a few observations from my view of the RPI game. At times RPI did look like a much different team than last years. The break out and passing heading up the ice looked much improved. VLil looks like a new player and the offense seemed to have more of a natural flow to it. The in zone coverage needs work but its obviously early in the season. I think this team will be much better than what we have gotten use too.

Comment

RPI's isn't the only one, but ...
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was actually a little surprised to see them there. I don't recall hearing them at Niagara; perhaps this was a "one night stand" on account of RIT's band having visited us during the last two times we played them at home?

It was a little funny when they were heading over for a joint performance during the end of the 2nd period for the intermission, we scored our 5th goal, and they started playing the fight song over by the corner crew. Needless to say, the corner crew wasn't too enthused.

Comment

No they aren't. I can remember a most enjoyable game when Colgate brought their band to HFH. The two bands definitely enjoyed the competition and made it an even better experience for the fans.
                              But by favorite experience with bands was a game against Army at West Point. My seats were right next to the RPI band which made the trip. What made it so special was that there was no Army band in sight. There was a lot of scrambling on the Army side of the arena, and band members came running into the arena. I don't think that the Army band was going to play at the game until the RPI band showed up. By the end of the night, the two bands got together and entertained the crowd. Just great.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                No they aren't. I can remember a most enjoyable game when Colgate brought their band to HFH. The two bands definitely enjoyed the competition and made it an even better experience for the fans.
                                But by favorite experience with bands was a game against Army at West Point. My seats were right next to the RPI band which made the trip. What made it so special was that there was no Army band in sight. There was a lot of scrambling on the Army side of the arena, and band members came running into the arena. I don't think that the Army band was going to play at the game until the RPI band showed up. By the end of the night, the two bands got together and entertained the crowd. Just great.
                                Can confirm the lack of a band at West Point except when an opposing team shows up with one. In the past several years I think I’ve seen the band show up for the RMC Paladins when they visit from Ontario. Of course RMC shows up with a great band, most in kilts and not only do they play great they dance too. So Army breaks out their band for that. Army has a great hockey team and they hurt the fan experience by not having the band show up for their home games. Again kudos to RPI for bringing the band to RIT. I’m hoping to be at the HFH when the other Tigers visit in November.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X