Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1001

Thread: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    45

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Nah . BTW, Hayhurst was also nominated for POW.
    Who nominates the players for these awards? Is it the HC, the athletic director or the league itself?

  2. #102
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    188,990

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by RegalFan View Post
    Who nominates the players for these awards? Is it the HC, the athletic director or the league itself?
    I think that it is the HC.

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    45

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Listened to the Niagra game and watched the RIT game. The RIT announcers were both surprised and impressed the RPI band was there. As to the hockey, 11 goals over 2 games is impressive , no matter who the opponent is. I do think, however, they ran into a goalie on Saturday that had a pretty bad night. They will definitely need to tighten their defensive game up quite a bit if they hope to be close in the games with Union. But overall, a pretty good start. Hopefully, as Coach Smith touted, they will get better period to period, game to game.

  4. #104
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    8,703
    Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    Listened to the Niagra game and watched the RIT game. The RIT announcers were both surprised and impressed the RPI band was there. As to the hockey, 11 goals over 2 games is impressive , no matter who the opponent is. I do think, however, they ran into a goalie on Saturday that had a pretty bad night. They will definitely need to tighten their defensive game up quite a bit if they hope to be close in the games with Union. But overall, a pretty good start. Hopefully, as Coach Smith touted, they will get better period to period, game to game.
    Four of our d men are underclassmen --it will take time for them to mature. And one of our upperclassman d-men is a liabilty who remains in the lineup thanks to being a draft pick. Team defense (forwards committing to playing both ends) , good goaltending and scoring will be keys
    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-25-2017 at 01:27 PM.

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,731

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions


  6. #106
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,279

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by 25+years View Post
    Listened to the Niagra game and watched the RIT game. The RIT announcers were both surprised and impressed the RPI band was there. As to the hockey, 11 goals over 2 games is impressive , no matter who the opponent is. I do think, however, they ran into a goalie on Saturday that had a pretty bad night. They will definitely need to tighten their defensive game up quite a bit if they hope to be close in the games with Union. But overall, a pretty good start. Hopefully, as Coach Smith touted, they will get better period to period, game to game.
    We have scored 13 goals in our first 4 games. In all of the SA years we were only able to reach or surpass that number once (thanks to playing a Sacred Heart twice in the first 4 games). I consider this a rather positive thing to focus on. Perhaps we will be able to score by committee.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  7. #107
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    43,740

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    We have scored 13 goals in our first 4 games. In all of the SA years we were only able to reach or surpass that number once (thanks to playing a Sacred Heart twice in the first 4 games). I consider this a rather positive thing to focus on. Perhaps we will be able to score by committee.
    Or perhaps we need to start playing more Atlantic teams.

    I'll wait to pass judgement on scoring until we get some league play under our belt.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  8. #108
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    188,990

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post


  9. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,731

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Men's Hockey vs. Union Pre-Game..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDasbXU2JUg

  10. #110
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,230

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Here's one final reminder that today is the LAST DAY to submit an entry into the ECAC Pick The Standings contest! League play starts tonight, so if you'd like to participate, just head on over to the thread and submit your prediction! Thanks and good luck!

    (DrD and Jenny, I'm looking at you!)
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2014-2015 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner Up

  11. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,731

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions


  12. #112
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    188,990

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions


  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,731

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    I’m liking this Team more & more. Let’s give them time. They’re proving they don’t quit.

  14. #114
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    43,740

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    I’m liking this Team more & more. Let’s give them time. They’re proving they don’t quit.
    Adjustments are certainly nice. Unfortunately as much as things change, other things seem to also remain the same. We'll see if we can do anything tomorrow.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  15. #115
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    188,990

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Adjustments are certainly nice. Unfortunately as much as things change, other things seem to also remain the same. We'll see if we can do anything tomorrow.
    We can't turn it around instantaneously.

  16. #116
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    43,740

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    We can't turn it around instantaneously.
    Never said we had to. Continuous progress is something I'm looking for this season. We've already figured out in-game adjustments. We've already figured out third period scoring. What did we figure out this time that we didn't have last week? Were the faceoff numbers better?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  17. #117
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    8,703
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Never said we had to. Continuous progress is something I'm looking for this season. We've already figured out in-game adjustments. We've already figured out third period scoring. What did we figure out this time that we didn't have last week? Were the faceoff numbers better?
    WRPI mentioned Tironese was having success on FOs, not sure what the team stats were

  18. #118
    hockey
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Perry Had no chance on the first two goals. Union pp is still very crisp. We will win big tonight I feel. Is Jesper ok he was sitting next to me during the game.

  19. #119
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    13,539

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Perry was dumped twice last night. Once in the first period right in front of the referee, and again on the short handed goal, which the refs could see in slow motion and still did nothing.
    Are goalies fair game this year? As for the rest of the game, the refs were totally inconsistent. Letting the players go for long periods and then calling minor stick infractions that had been let go previously.
    I guess they just wanted to get in the game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  20. #120
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    43,740

    Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

    Quote Originally Posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Perry Had no chance on the first two goals. Union pp is still very crisp. We will win big tonight I feel. Is Jesper ok he was sitting next to me during the game.
    Twice the D man trails off from the weak side. I also saw it twice at RIT. We REALLY gotta stop opening games by giving that up.

    Highlights from the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCx0zfkvGH0
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •