This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

I think a weekend split is a perfectly reasonable expectation out of the weekend, and any more than two "points" would be a bonus.

I think we have a definite goaltending advantage over Niagara (harder to say with RIT, especially if they play the freshman they used against NU), but goaltending has rarely been the problem with RPI teams lately. The fact that we only scored twice on 47 shots last weekend (or 3 on 79 if you want to count the exhibition) kind of shows that if we want wins, they're going to be of the 1-0 or 2-1 variety. It's obviously very early, but until we show that we can put three goals on the board in a game (or more than 30 shots in a real game), I'll have to remain skeptical of our chances, even against Atlantic Hockey competition.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I wondered about that too. I suspect that he is no longer doing it.
      hmm...
      RPI Pep Band
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        I think a weekend split is a perfectly reasonable expectation out of the weekend, and any more than two "points" would be a bonus.

I think we have a definite goaltending advantage over Niagara (harder to say with RIT, especially if they play the freshman they used against NU), but goaltending has rarely been the problem with RPI teams lately. The fact that we only scored twice on 47 shots last weekend (or 3 on 79 if you want to count the exhibition) kind of shows that if we want wins, they're going to be of the 1-0 or 2-1 variety. It's obviously very early, but until we show that we can put three goals on the board in a game (or more than 30 shots in a real game), I'll have to remain skeptical of our chances, even against Atlantic Hockey competition.
        I just hope we don't split the hard way, like last week.

Comment

Don’t know how he’s doing in practices but maybe try inserting Owen Stout into the lineup?
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Don’t know how he’s doing in practices but maybe try inserting Owen Stout into the lineup?
            I'll stick with Reds and Ambers, thanks. Although I do hear Full Boar has Imperatoria Tenebris Victoria, which is supposed to be a good stout...

Comment

One more meaningless stat for the heck of it: We're 15th in Western Bias KRACH rating.

Comment

I'll predict a sweep!
                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                  I'll predict a sweep!
                  That would be nice, but until they start putting the puck in the net, I wouldn't predict anything.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I wondered about that too. I suspect that he is no longer doing it.
                    I decided that I won't be doing it this year. Might reconsider next year but got a lot going on. Thanks to all the fans that participated for all the years.
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      I decided that I won't be doing it this year. Might reconsider next year but got a lot going on. Thanks to all the fans that participated for all the years.
                      Thanks for all you did, it was a lot of fun.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I'll stick with Reds and Ambers, thanks. Although I do hear Full Boar has Imperatoria Tenebris Victoria, which is supposed to be a good stout...
                        Should have taken the reds man!!! (Cheech and Chong from the Big Bambu album
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

My paranoia is telling me that you made this decision based solely on the fact that jenny and i have returned! Kidding of course, just glad to see you are back so you can watch the resurgence of the Cherry and White.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Alex Rodriguez has landed at DIII Augsburg College. http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=2955
                            Last edited by turk181; 10-20-2017, 01:05 PM.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Alex Rodriguez has landed at DIII Augsburg College. http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=2955
                              I guess that he likes it out there in MN since he played for Shattuck also. I am too lazy to check but I wonder if any former teammates play for Augsburg.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HMMMM....... keep an eye out...

Oh also, people should participate in Pick-to-Click
                                RPI Pep Band
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Working...
                                X