X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That games was televised as I recall. I don't think that this one will.
    This one is televised. But of course we don't have access to it, since it's NESN.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      This one is televised. But of course we don't have access to it, since it's NESN.
      Speak for yourself.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Speak for yourself.
        Ditto.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
          Ditto.
          One perk of living in New England is getting the New England Sports Network, I suppose.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            One perk of living in New England is getting the New England Sports Network, I suppose.
            Ralph has either a dish or FIOS as he lives in our Nation's Capital.
            Last edited by joecct; 01-04-2018, 06:42 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Ralph has either a dish or FIOS as he lives in our Nation's Capital.
              yep
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The schedule lists WRPI as covering the games this weekend. http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  RPI was not a hard team to play against. And a few things stood out : very little pressure was put on Maine's D on the forecheck. Not a whole lot of physical play. This made it pretty easy for Maine to break out of their own zone. Also RPI turned over the puck a great deal especially in the neutral zone. And many of RPI's passes on their break out were off the mark, often behind the intended player. Make no mistake, despite their record, Maine is a good team. Well coached and they play hard. I don't expect RPI to match the skill level. But you make up for that by skating hard and showing a willingness to out work your opponent. I saw no one who stood out Saturday. And, despite the game being out of hand late in the third, Liljegren, taking a major penalty, is a statement. The bottom line is RPI has several players who look great when they are skating hard and moving all the time. I saw very little of that Saturday and the results reflect that. I really wonder what exactly is going to have to happen for this team to climb a step on the ladder and stay there?
                  Agree 100%. The big forwards we have often do not play big and one or two are downright invisible. Burke plays a great physical game but is still catching up in the offensive zone. York and Marello are/were our two best 200' players and neither of them strike fear physically.

I continue to be baffled at the lack of physicality we have on defense. We rarely hit anyone...Especially in the paint in front of our keeper. That's the definition of being easy to play against , IMO.

Losing York and then Burgess with what appears to be a shoulder injury thins what little offense we had to lean on.
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-04-2018, 08:34 PM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                    one of many, yes.
                    Class of '93

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                      one of many, yes.
                      The only one which I can think of is relatively cheap lobster.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Charlene on the RPI-Sports lsit:

A better alternative, though, is to buy a "League Monthly Pass" for $16 that will give you access to all Ivy League broadcasts for a month. That will get you not only both games this weekend, but also the Brown and Yale games on January 19 and 20, and the Cornell game on February 3rd. If you go this route, don't forget to go back and cancel your subscription after the Cornell game or it will renew automatically and you'll get charged again.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Agree 100%. The big forwards we have often do not play big and one or two are downright invisible. Burke plays a great physical game but is still catching up in the offensive zone. York and Marello are/were our two best 200' players and neither of them strike fear physically.

I continue to be baffled at the lack of physicality we have on defense. We rarely hit anyone...Especially in the paint in front of our keeper. That's the definition of being easy to play against , IMO.

Losing York and then Burgess with what appears to be a shoulder injury thins what little offense we had to lean on.
                          How much of that is fear of getting a penalty for making a big noise, especially with some of the refs we have? Granted that's no excuse as any player at this level should have confidence in his/her game, so maybe it's time we step up and play hard, and if the box comes, it comes.

Comment

Both RPI/Harvard (NESN) and Union/Dartmouth (OWSPN) on Direct TV tonight.

Comment

The only one which I can think of is relatively cheap lobster.
                              you stay close to the politicians, I'll keep the beach, skiing, and food sources safe
                              Class of '93

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The schedule lists WRPI as covering the games this weekend. http://www.rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=hockey
                                Yep, Perry is there, I'm doing the women on RPI-TV.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X