X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Next season's ECAC non-travel-partner schedule http://elf.elynah.com/file.php/1/762..._Schedule_.pdf.
    Guess whose game vs. Harvard has to be rescheduled?

11/2 CCT
    11/3 SLU
    11/9 @ QU
    11/10 @ PU
    12/7 @ YU
    12/8 @ BU
    1/11 @ SLU
    1/12 @ CCT
    1/25 BU
    1/26 YU
    2/1 Col
    2/2 Cor
    2/8 @DC
    2/15 PU
    2/16 QU
    2/22 Cor
    2/23 Col
    3/1 HU
    3/2 DC
    At least we have a few options for Freakout this time. Not sure if I'm going to make it to SLU next year, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      At least we have a few options for Freakout this time. Not sure if I'm going to make it to SLU next year, though.
      I omitted the @ for 2/22 and 2/23. It's fixed.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I omitted the @ for 2/22 and 2/23. It's fixed.
        Is there ever going to be another time we play there in some month other than February?

Comment

I’ll tell you what, if we don’t turn it around soon this is gonna be a disaster of a year
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
            I’ll tell you what, if we don’t turn it around soon this is gonna be a disaster of a year
            Given it's the first year for a coach, there wasn't much in terms of expectations, at least from me. In the next couple years, I'd certainly like to see better. There are glimpses of improvement, and I'm glad Coach Smith is seeking to get his own kids in. Long term, I have a feeling we'll be just fine.

Comment

Awaiting your next post: "Water, as it turns out, folks, is wet."

Of course the team that is ten games under .500 and losing by a goal a game (even if you remove empty netters) is heading for a bad year. As Flaggy says, it's not like we weren't really expecting something like this. We're right on track for my preseason guess/hope of 10 non-losses. I might not be as rosy on the team as some people are here, but we all basically expected bad, and bad is what we have (at the very least on the record sheet).
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

This team has 5 or 6 quality players for this staff to try and build around as they recruit for the future. Realistically the current sophomore class when they are Seniors is when the expectations should be higher. Next year you should expect 12-15 wins. This year it is still possible to get to 10 wins if Marshall can play well in Net.

Comment

Given it's the first year for a coach, there wasn't much in terms of expectations, at least from me. In the next couple years, I'd certainly like to see better. There are glimpses of improvement, and I'm glad Coach Smith is seeking to get his own kids in. Long term, I have a feeling we'll be just fine.
                  We replaced a coach with 250+ losses with a coach with 250+ losses. I heard the "own kids" excuse for Appert when he started at RPI and tried to remain patient. I wish I could say I had optimistic expectations for the long haul like you do, but I just don't see anything to base it on. No idea how we get out of this hole, and the fact that CCT is tops in the league makes it even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                    We replaced a coach with 250+ losses with a coach with 250+ losses. I heard the "own kids" excuse for Appert when he started at RPI and tried to remain patient. I wish I could say I had optimistic expectations for the long haul like you do, but I just don't see anything to base it on. No idea how we get out of this hole, and the fact that CCT is tops in the league makes it even worse.
                    With Appert we got the "better kids" in year 4, and things started turning for the better. Unfortunately, Appert showed himself to be a terrible bench coach, so inconsistencies were shown and he wasn't able to do much of anything about it. Already I'm seeing improved game management, and from reports on here earlier in the season, "active involvement".

As for how we get out of this hole, one thing I've found as being a common factor in turnaround teams is a culture of expectations. Does the administration expect wins? Is the staff receiving what they need to achieve this expectation?

Comment

Next season's ECAC non-travel-partner schedule http://elf.elynah.com/file.php/1/762..._Schedule_.pdf.
                      Guess whose game vs. Harvard has to be rescheduled?

11/2 CCT
                      11/3 SLU
                      11/9 @ QU
                      11/10 @ PU
                      12/7 @ YU
                      12/8 @ BU
                      1/11 @ SLU
                      1/12 @ CCT
                      1/25 BU
                      1/26 YU
                      2/1 Col
                      2/2 Cor
                      2/8 @DC
                      2/15 PU
                      2/16 QU
                      2/22 @Cor
                      2/23 @Col
                      3/1 HU
                      3/2 DC
                      One other thing: Do you have the original forum post? In case you forgot, you can't hit PDFs directly on eLynah.

Comment

One other thing: Do you have the original forum post? In case you forgot, you can't hit PDFs directly on eLynah.
                        Sorry. Try this: http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,212037
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mike Gornall has been added to Chris Heisenberg's list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...2KPI/htmlview#.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

WRPI going to cover this year? I know last year they didn't, and Harvard doesn't have a radio broadcast (at least they didn't last year).

Comment

WRPI going to cover this year? I know last year they didn't, and Harvard doesn't have a radio broadcast (at least they didn't last year).
                                That games was televised as I recall. I don't think that this one will.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X