This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
    Yes, sorry. That's what I get for trying to do it quickly from my phone, I guess. Anyway, it has a lot of quotes from Coach Smith that didn't clear things up a whole lot.
    No worries , thanks CM. I for one am not buying the malarkey Smith's trying to sell on this one...York has been a top 6 forward for us in the first half (both in consistent effort and on the scoresheet) and somehow we're supposed to believe he wasn't buying into the plan? Doesn't pass the smell test, IMO.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Maybe he couldn't cut it in class. Used to be the odd player who would disappear (transfer) and it was usually chalked up to academics.
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Didn't this happen with Kyle Ferguson back in the 90's? He was a transfer, then had to sit out a a semester and could only play the second half of the season? I don't know too much about it Ralph, I'm sure you would. I was only about 16 years old
        Ich habe vergessen (pronounced quite similarly to Ferguson).

I think that you are correct about Ferguson but it was quite a long time ago.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

postgame interviews from yesterday
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftZJJAzjOxk
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-30-2017, 11:49 AM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Final record for calendar year 2017: 8-24-3. Plus one exhibition loss.
            2018 will hopefully be better.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
              Final record for calendar year 2017: 8-24-3. Plus one exhibition loss.
              2018 will hopefully be better.
              and the bad news going in to the new year is your report on the game thread that you saw Todd Burgess with his arm in the sling late in the game. http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6577989
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Welcome to the ECAC, Coach Smith: Your first foray to the gosh-awfulness of Bryan Hicks.

And thanks to some of his intermission antics, I now have a personal vendetta with him...

Comment

Game 2 post-game interview up... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T_CRKS4eE4

Coach Graham, I have a feeling you'll be leading things on Friday given something heard...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Welcome to the ECAC, Coach Smith: Your first foray to the gosh-awfulness of Bryan Hicks.

And thanks to some of his intermission antics, I now have a personal vendetta with him...
                    What happened between periods?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      What happened between periods?
                      Let's just say FlagDUDETTE was not too pleased about a "wandering eye".

Comment

RPI was not a hard team to play against. And a few things stood out : very little pressure was put on Maine's D on the forecheck. Not a whole lot of physical play. This made it pretty easy for Maine to break out of their own zone. Also RPI turned over the puck a great deal especially in the neutral zone. And many of RPI's passes on their break out were off the mark, often behind the intended player. Make no mistake, despite their record, Maine is a good team. Well coached and they play hard. I don't expect RPI to match the skill level. But you make up for that by skating hard and showing a willingness to out work your opponent. I saw no one who stood out Saturday. And, despite the game being out of hand late in the third, Liljegren, taking a major penalty, is a statement. The bottom line is RPI has several players who look great when they are skating hard and moving all the time. I saw very little of that Saturday and the results reflect that. I really wonder what exactly is going to have to happen for this team to climb a step on the ladder and stay there?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

I thought Hicks was primarily a women's league ref??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                            RPI was not a hard team to play against. And a few things stood out : very little pressure was put on Maine's D on the forecheck. Not a whole lot of physical play. This made it pretty easy for Maine to break out of their own zone. Also RPI turned over the puck a great deal especially in the neutral zone. And many of RPI's passes on their break out were off the mark, often behind the intended player. Make no mistake, despite their record, Maine is a good team. Well coached and they play hard. I don't expect RPI to match the skill level. But you make up for that by skating hard and showing a willingness to out work your opponent. I saw no one who stood out Saturday. And, despite the game being out of hand late in the third, Liljegren, taking a major penalty, is a statement. The bottom line is RPI has several players who look great when they are skating hard and moving all the time. I saw very little of that Saturday and the results reflect that. I really wonder what exactly is going to have to happen for this team to climb a step on the ladder and stay there?
                            Unfortunately, I have to agree with much of what you said, but Maine is not a good team. Five on five we played the even in every game this year. They were able to capitalize on some pretty poor goal tending which allowed them to play with the lead in all the games, That makes a big difference. Playing catch up makes you look a lot worse than you are.
                            RPI needs to suck it up and play from the opening face off. And the goal tending needs to stop the easy shots.
                            RPI has a lot of work to do, but if the goal tending doesn't improve, we will be dead in the water.
                            As for the major penalty, that is just frustration that I have seen from every team that has ever been embarrassed in a game.
                            I am sure that Maine has never had a player take out his frustration during a blow out loss.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about Todd Burgess's condition?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Next season's ECAC non-travel-partner schedule http://elf.elynah.com/file.php/1/762..._Schedule_.pdf.
                                Guess whose game vs. Harvard has to be rescheduled?

11/2 CCT
                                11/3 SLU
                                11/9 @ QU
                                11/10 @ PU
                                12/7 @ YU
                                12/8 @ BU
                                1/11 @ SLU
                                1/12 @ CCT
                                1/25 BU
                                1/26 YU
                                2/1 Col
                                2/2 Cor
                                2/8 @DC
                                2/15 PU
                                2/16 QU
                                2/22 @Cor
                                2/23 @Col
                                3/1 HU
                                3/2 DC
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-01-2018, 02:08 PM. Reason: FIXED 2/22, 2/23
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X