hard to discuss without the facts.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
      hard to discuss without the facts.
      Has that ever stopped us before?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Has that ever stopped us before?
        im getting soft in my old age

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
          im getting soft in my old age
          Been there. Done that.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well here we go. 2nd half of the season. I have read all the entries about new players coming and existing players going. I am not quite sure what it all means. Not sure why the two guys are leaving. Whose decision was it? I don't see the transfer from ND listed anywhere. Was that a mistake? I am concerned about just having players leave without a rational reason. I think it sends the wrong message to potential recruits. That the team is not stable and players either leave when the grass isn't green enough or are cast aside if they don't pan out as expected (or if the coach changes). All that being said, the real question for me is where does the team go from here? Do we, in fact, improve and a team emerges that is hard to play against AND is a team recruits want to play for? No matter how many wins we wind up with. Only time will tell. I realize today there will be cobwebs to shed today. There should be no excuses for anything less than a split this weekend. They have already played these guys and need to show they are ready for the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                Well here we go. 2nd half of the season. I have read all the entries about new players coming and existing players going. I am not quite sure what it all means. Not sure why the two guys are leaving. Whose decision was it? I don't see the transfer from ND listed anywhere. Was that a mistake? I am concerned about just having players leave without a rational reason. I think it sends the wrong message to potential recruits. That the team is not stable and players either leave when the grass isn't green enough or are cast aside if they don't pan out as expected (or if the coach changes). All that being said, the real question for me is where does the team go from here? Do we, in fact, improve and a team emerges that is hard to play against AND is a team recruits want to play for? No matter how many wins we wind up with. Only time will tell. I realize today there will be cobwebs to shed today. There should be no excuses for anything less than a split this weekend. They have already played these guys and need to show they are ready for the second half.
                It might've been the coach's, it might have been the player's. Neither is under any obligation to make their decision public. I'm sure we've all been victim of something we consider a bad decision. So be it. Whatever it was, I hope Payne and York eventually do what they feel is best for then. After all, it's their future.

The transfer from ND has to sit a year, when he comes in, he will have a year of eligibility remaining. (I think, there are people here who know way more than me, as they stalk follow the recruits much more closely.

There's nowhere to go but up. Remember, Smith inherited a team that had a grand total of 8 wins all of last season. Only 5 more wins to go before they reach that. I think this team has more than that in them for the second half of the season. Also remember, the schedule has been brutal for the first half of the season, and RPI has more than proven to me that when they want to, they can skate with anyone in the country.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                  I wrote to Chris Heisenberg about Gornall. I haven't gotten response. He is listed in the online RPI directory, so he is taking classes at RPI. I assume that he intends to play when eligible.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jericho, he will have at least 1.5 years of eligibility. What isn't clear to me is if he can play the entire season of 2018/9 or only the second half. Then he will be eligible the following year also.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jericho, he will have at least 1.5 years of eligibility. What isn't clear to me is if he can play the entire season of 2018/9 or only the second half. Then he will be eligible the following year also.

Didn't this happen with Kyle Ferguson back in the 90's? He was a transfer, then had to sit out a a semester and could only play the second half of the season? I don't know too much about it Ralph, I'm sure you would. I was only about 16 years old
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        Didn't this happen with Kyle Ferguson back in the 90's? He was a transfer, then had to sit out a a semester and could only play the second half of the season? I don't know too much about it Ralph, I'm sure you would. I was only about 16 years old
                        He was taking classes this past semester at ND so that’s why he has 1.5yrs remaining and therefore he has to sit a full year and is not eligible unt the second semester (Winter) 2019.

Comment

• There's more on York and Payne leaving in this article:
                          http://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/Two-players-leave-RPI-hockey-program-12460360.php
                          Charlene

Comment

• Originally posted by cmmarkham View Post
                            There's more on York and Payne leaving in this article:
                            http://m.timesunion.com/sports/article/Two-players-leave-RPI-hockey-program-12460360.php
                            Link is dead. Is this an update to The T/U article from yesterday ?
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              Link is dead. Is this an update to The T/U article from yesterday ?
                              It works for me. It is a mobile version of an article. Try http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...m-12460360.php.
                              Yes it is an update.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It works for me. It is a mobile version of an article. Try http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...m-12460360.php.
                                Yes it is an update.
                                Yes, sorry. That's what I get for trying to do it quickly from my phone, I guess. Anyway, it has a lot of quotes from Coach Smith that didn't clear things up a whole lot.
                                Charlene

Comment

Working...
                                X