X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    Has RPI stopped adding names to the Ring of Honor? Sadge would be a nice addition perhaps, IMO.
    They haven't stopped. They just aren't doing it every year. Based upon hockey accomplishments at RPI, I would not pick Mike Sadeghpour. I realize that he captained the 1985 team, but his career at RPI suffered from injuries. Then again, the criteria could change.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      They haven't stopped. They just aren't doing it every year. Based upon hockey accomplishments at RPI, I would not pick Mike Sadeghpour. I realize that he captained the 1985 team, but his career at RPI suffered from injuries. Then again, the criteria could change.
      Eric Healey would get my vote, if I had one.
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Eric Healey would get my vote, if I had one.
          I think that Joel Laing would get mine.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think that Joel Laing would get mine.
            I was thinking him too. If you want that era, I think the three to choose from would be he, Healey and Brad Tapper. Murley is still a little too late for consideration, IMO.

Edit: I also think Don Birkmayer should be there, he was a huge part of the RPI experience growing up.
            Last edited by jericho; 12-21-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

The Irony being that you can't buy a cup of DD at HFH!
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I was thinking him too. If you want that era, I think the three to choose from would be he, Healey and Brad Tapper. Murley is still a little too late for consideration, IMO.

Edit: I also think Don Birkmayer should be there, he was a huge part of the RPI experience growing up.
                Good point about Birkmayer, Of course he moved to the faux red town which could disqualify him.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-22-2017, 02:02 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  The Irony being that you can't buy a cup of DD at HFH!
                  Maybe part of the deal is that they will sell it now.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good point about Birkmayer, Of course he moved to the faux red town which could disqualify him.
                    But he retired to that area, so I'll forgive him. Besides, if that's the reason he's disqualified, then they may as well remove Harkness too.

Comment

Maybe part of the deal is that they will sell it now.
                      Possible. But the HFH/admin often fails at the seemingly obvious things. DD is not a new advertiser - only the on ice logo is new. I suspect the campus food concessionaire is to blame.
                      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-22-2017, 07:41 AM.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

But he retired to that area, so I'll forgive him. Besides, if that's the reason he's disqualified, then they may as well remove Harkness too.
                        Good point, and Ned sinned twice since he also was at the Salt Dome.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Possible. But the HFH/admin often fails at the seemingly obvious things. DD is not a new advertiser - only the on ice logo is new. I suspect the campus food concessionaire is to blame.
                          To be fair, the concessions are also a fundraising opportunity for the other sports programs, given it's other teams that typically man it. How much does RPI get bottom line for a generic coffee vs. what would they get for a Dunkin' Donuts brand coffee?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            To be fair, the concessions are also a fundraising opportunity for the other sports programs, given it's other teams that typically man it. How much does RPI get bottom line for a generic coffee vs. what would they get for a Dunkin' Donuts brand coffee?
                            I'd be willing to bet you a pack of Sharpies that coffee sales would jump if they sold DD coffee as opposed to the pond water they now sell. People love good coffee. Give the peeps what they want and profits follow. #commerce

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              I'd be willing to bet you a pack of Sharpies that coffee sales would jump if they sold DD coffee as opposed to the pond water they now sell. People love good coffee. Give the peeps what they want and profits follow. #commerce
                              And if they delivered donuts to the referee room.....
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                And if they delivered donuts to the referee room.....
                                "Koharski! .....you fat ........!" 😜

Comment

Working...
                                X