X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    Many years ago (as in 35) we had a walk-on freshman wing named Jay Forslund. He had an excellent freshman year during our disastrous 81-82 season. He ended up leaving after the first semester of 82-83 because he thought he'd earned a scholarship and Mike Addesa disagreed. Perhaps York is in a similar situation. Of course, with all the talent Mike had coming in he was probably right. I don't project as many future All-Americans on our current recruit list.
    York indeed could be in a similar situation, or it could be academic troubles. I highly doubt that Coach Smith asked him to leave. OTOH, Payne probably saw the handwriting on the wall.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      I'm on record with my belief that York has been one of our best two way players. Sorry to see him go...His energy will be missed.
      Most of us are. This does not seem good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        Many years ago (as in 35) we had a walk-on freshman wing named Jay Forslund. He had an excellent freshman year during our disastrous 81-82 season. He ended up leaving after the first semester of 82-83 because he thought he'd earned a scholarship and Mike Addesa disagreed. Perhaps York is in a similar situation. Of course, with all the talent Mike had coming in he was probably right. I don't project as many future All-Americans on our current recruit list.
        I wasn't around RPI at that time, except for the Holiday Tourney, and wasn't privy to such information. Just curious if the same thing happened to John Shumski? I know that Shumski ended up at Lowell while Forslund didn't return to any college.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Most of us are. This does not seem good at all.
          We'll need a new York.

and I was looking forward to four years of stupid puns.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

I wonder if I should mention the lack of the swim requirement...
            You don't have a legit diploma then.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              We'll need a new York.

and I was looking forward to four years of stupid puns.
              If it's true that he's leaving, maybe this is the reason. It's all your fault.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I wasn't around RPI at that time, except for the Holiday Tourney, and wasn't privy to such information. Just curious if the same thing happened to John Shumski? I know that Shumski ended up at Lowell while Forslund didn't return to any college.
                Those are two blasts from the past. I thought Shumski got hurt, and then didn't return. Tom Hussey and Rick Tosto we're also of similar ilk; players who looked good on the ice for short periods of time, but disappeared for reasons really unknown...or more likely I forgot.
                Class of '93

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  Those are two blasts from the past. I thought Shumski got hurt, and then didn't return. Tom Hussey and Rick Tosto we're also of similar ilk; players who looked good on the ice for short periods of time, but disappeared for reasons really unknown...or more likely I forgot.
                  Shumski definitely transferred; they mentioned he played at both when he was on American Gladiators.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                    Tosto transferred to Michigan State and at that time did not have to sit out a year, so he was on MSU's 1986 championship team. He was on two consecutive NCAA championship teams with different schools and played in neither championship game.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I’m not sure. I was in grad school watching the faux red by that time. I remember asking one of my contacts about Forslund because he had been one of my favorite players during a very forgettable 81-82 season. I don’t remember asking about Shumski. He had come in with more fanfare than Forslund so I probably assumed he was on scholarship but it’s quite possible he wasn’t. 81-82 was the first season for scholarships and Mike had a roll-out plan that limited how many he could give per season.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tosto transferred to Michigan State and at that time did not have to sit out a year, so he was on MSU's 1986 championship team. He was on two consecutive NCAA championship teams with different schools and played in neither championship game.
                          Interesting tidbit, thanks Ralph. Another one I found in his hockeydb.com page is he didn't play at MSU the year after. 2 teams, 2 NC's, 2 DNP's, and 2 Left-The-Team-After
                          Class of '93

Comment

Worth noting that Sadeghpour was one of the alums back in March who was reported to be disenchanted with the state of the program.
                            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                              Worth noting that Sadeghpour was one of the alums back in March who was reported to be disenchanted with the state of the program.
                              I had forgotten that, but that is noteworthy.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I had forgotten that, but that is noteworthy.
                                Has RPI stopped adding names to the Ring of Honor? Sadge would be a nice addition perhaps, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X