X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I have to believe that he is talking about the average age of all college hockey teams. Not just the freshmen.
    I think so. If it is the case, then assuming that each class makes up on fourth of then roster, one needs to subtract (0 + 1 + 2 + 3) / 4 = 1.5 years to get everyone to this time their freshman year and about another 4 months to the beginning of the freshman for a total of 1 year and 10 months. Obviously 1/4 in each class is not correct for us and many other schools.

That means the entering classes are from 19 yr 6 m to 20 yr 8 m. That could be correct.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought this wasn't going to happen this year.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
          According to a certain college in Massachusetts (no, they do not have D1 hockey), they want freshmen to be known as “First Year Students”. They feel the term is sexist. The story was on the local news last night. I guess sophomores, juniors and seniors are ok for now...
          RPI also does this, if you look at the directory. At least they did around 2012 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            RPI also does this, if you look at the directory. At least they did around 2012 or so.
            They switched back fairly recently.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              They switched back fairly recently.
              Although with them I don't think it had to do with gender identification so much as the "stigma" behind the level name. Sort of like how they (at least when I was a student) didn't want you to call the living areas "dorms", but rather "residence halls".

Comment

Shoot, next you're going to tell me they don't make those first-year students wear beanies anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  Shoot, next you're going to tell me they don't make those first-year students wear beanies anymore.
                  I still have mine, but I think they stopped using them before I left RPI, or at least I don't recall seeing them when I was a grad student.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    I didn't.

I wonder if I should mention the lack of the swim requirement...

Comment

Hearing two Freshmen are not returning for 2nd semester, Payne and York. I guess the purge has begun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                        Hearing two Freshmen are not returning for 2nd semester, Payne and York. I guess the purge has begun.
                        York? Really? That’d shock me.

Comment

I had heard same but couldn't verify it.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            I had heard same but couldn't verify it.
                            Heard from a couple of different sources so that’s why i posted. Reasons for the the two are different but both have to do with the overall plan of the team from what I was told.

Comment

Heard from a couple of different sources so that’s why i posted. Reasons for the the two are different but both have to do with the overall plan of the team from what I was told.
                              I'm on record with my belief that York has been one of our best two way players. Sorry to see him go...His energy will be missed.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I'm on record with my belief that York has been one of our best two way players. Sorry to see him go...His energy will be missed.
                                Many years ago (as in 35) we had a walk-on freshman wing named Jay Forslund. He had an excellent freshman year during our disastrous 81-82 season. He ended up leaving after the first semester of 82-83 because he thought he'd earned a scholarship and Mike Addesa disagreed. Perhaps York is in a similar situation. Of course, with all the talent Mike had coming in he was probably right. I don't project as many future All-Americans on our current recruit list.
                                Last edited by rpi82; 12-20-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X