X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    How does one get rid of a despot?
    You have to cleanse it well with a despot remover like Clorox bleach.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      You have to cleanse it well with a despot remover like Clorox bleach.
      Did RFAlph hack your account?

Comment

Of course not. But in all seriousness, SAJ has to go. I have been saying that for many years .

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Of course not. But in all seriousness, SAJ has to go. I have been saying that for many years .
          I'm fairly certain most of us can agree with that sentiment.

Comment

http://m.timesunion.com/news/article...photo-14344616
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Have to Congratulate Chase Perry! He stood tall against the Buckeye Bullies!
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Yes, it fits better on the alum thread. The Hockey News has a special issue listing the 50 best players in the history of each NHL franchise. Adam Oates was listed as #19 for the Caps and #22 for both the Blues and Bruins. Joe Juneau is #45 on the Caps.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-14-2017, 04:38 AM.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Gotta say I'm actually satisfied with last night. We responded well in the 3rd and overtime with good adjustments and finished strong. Yes, we have a ways to go with pushing for the full 65 minutes, but what I heard from our late game and saw in the box, when compared to the past couple years, is night and day. This is going to be a fun team to experience.

Comment

Was at the game last night. Shot totals were not accurate. RPI was dominated at times but the shot margin was no where near what OSU reported. Perry had a strong game. Many of OSU's shots were on the perimeter. This team had compete in all 4 periods last night. Still a lot of work to be done but there are definite signs that this team is improving. The puck movement was strong IMO and no one was standing around. At times they were running around in their own zone but I think a lot of that has to do with adjusting to new responsibilities and new personnel. This is a young team 20 players that are first or second year. How they come out and play this afternoon will be the real test to how things may or may not be changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                      Was at the game last night. Shot totals were not accurate. RPI was dominated at times but the shot margin was no where near what OSU reported. Perry had a strong game. Many of OSU's shots were on the perimeter. This team had compete in all 4 periods last night. Still a lot of work to be done but there are definite signs that this team is improving. The puck movement was strong IMO and no one was standing around. At times they were running around in their own zone but I think a lot of that has to do with adjusting to new responsibilities and new personnel. This is a young team 20 players that are first or second year. How they come out and play this afternoon will be the real test to how things may or may not be changing.
                      It is always good to hear from someone who saw the team live.
                      It did not seem like we were competing by the radio account of the game. But I will go with your account.
                      My one concern regarding this team is still the lack of goal scoring. I know that it is early, but one goal a game is not going to get it done.
                      We have enough goal scoring potential to get at least 3 goals a game, but it had better show up soon.

LGR
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

One player that's been impressing me, of the frosh, is Emil Öhrwall; he always seems to have terrific positioning in the attacking zone. Granted there could be some improvement on getting the puck on the tape so he can get a good shot off, but I'd think that's a bit easier to pick up than how to get open in the right spot. If that kid's able to get some good control over the puck, it would not surprise me to see him be a double digit goal scorer during a few years in his collegiate career.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          One player that's been impressing me, of the frosh, is Emil Öhrwall; he always seems to have terrific positioning in the attacking zone. Granted there could be some improvement on getting the puck on the tape so he can get a good shot off, but I'd think that's a bit easier to pick up than how to get open in the right spot. If that kid's able to get some good control over the puck, it would not surprise me to see him be a double digit goal scorer during a few years in his collegiate career.
                          I suspect that he will turn out to be better than his brother.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We're #20 in PWR. http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Encouraging! Certainly never close to that last year. Obviously at this stage, the rankings mean nothing as many teams have not even played but still, we have zero losses and we have yet to play a home game that counted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                Although it won't mean as much as we progress during the season but will still have a slight effect, one thing that does help is that both the ties were on the road, so the weighting favors us.

Comment

Working...
                                X