X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Perry wouldn't be able to transfer; he's already done that once. And given Marshall's been doing halfway OK (maybe with a little more training he'll be very solid), would have to be either St. Denis or McBain.
    I meant St. Denis, not McBain. Sorry.

I have the gut feeling that Coach Smith went to see Savory's early morning game today and got a commitment after it was over. (Both Jewell and Graham follow Savory on Twitter.)

Edit; The "early morning game" has disappeared from the website.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-04-2017, 12:11 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      With UNH coming to Troy in a couple of days, let us not forget Rube Bjorkman.
      Pardon me for forgetting, I'm not as old as you are.

Also, I have a great line for when Savory makes a save......
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        I don't know what RPI was thinking about at the beginning of Saturday night's game, but 20 seconds after the opening faceoff, they were down 1-0. One could surmise that if they'd kept the puck out of their net for the first minute, the Engineers might have survived Brown's three-goal rally and won in regulation.

I don't know what RPI will be thinking about at the beginning of Wednesday night's game, either, but they'd better not come out for the opening faceoff still moping about what happened on Saturday. If they do, I expect UNH will be only too happy to take advantage, just as Brown did.
        I’m glad you Posted this, I thought the game was Tuesday . Man, did I get my balls busted today at the rink over Sat.’s game
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Pardon me for forgetting, I'm not as old as you are.

Also, I have a great line for when Savory makes a save......

Actually he was a year before I showed up at RPI.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            I’m glad you Posted this, I thought the game was Tuesday . Man, did I get my balls busted today at the rink over Sat.’s game
            So, it was your fault that we gave up the lead.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Perry wouldn't be able to transfer; he's already done that once.
              I think he was referring to turning pro, not transferring.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                I don't know what RPI was thinking about at the beginning of Saturday night's game, but 20 seconds after the opening faceoff, they were down 1-0. One could surmise that if they'd kept the puck out of their net for the first minute, the Engineers might have survived Brown's three-goal rally and won in regulation.

I don't know what RPI will be thinking about at the beginning of Wednesday night's game, either, but they'd better not come out for the opening faceoff still moping about what happened on Saturday. If they do, I expect UNH will be only too happy to take advantage, just as Brown did.
                That game wasn't lost at 1-0. Games you lead by 3 goals need to be Ws. Always. Period. Why Smith didn't call a TO at 4-2 or 4-3 to administer team-wide smelling salts is a mystery.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  I think he was referring to turning pro, not transferring.
                  I think so too.

However, St. Denis is the more likely one.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-04-2017, 11:30 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Clarification question on the 5 year plan: How is St. Denis considered a freshman this year for eligibility, and not a sophomore? Wasn't he at RPI last year, even though it was only a partial year? Did he redshirt? Does a partial year count towards a full year?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Clarification question on the 5 year plan: How is St. Denis considered a freshman this year for eligibility, and not a sophomore? Wasn't he at RPI last year, even though it was only a partial year? Did he redshirt? Does a partial year count towards a full year?
                      You have 5 years to play 4. So last year is a half year of hockey. He has 3 full seasons and a half of a season that he could still play. Now as far as the number of goaltenders on a roster. Smith during his tenure at Canisius had as many as 5 goaltenders on his roster. Last season he had 4 and Canisius has 4 goaltenders this season.
                      Last edited by Noresmen; 12-05-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                        You have 5 years to play 4. So last year is a half year of hockey. He has 3 full seasons and a half of a season that he could still play. Now as far as the number of goaltenders on a roster. Smith during his tenure at Canisius had as many as 5 goaltenders on his roster. Last season he had 4 and Canisius has 4 goaltenders this season.
                        I don't think it works exactly like that. Its how many games you play in a season, ie for a medical redshirt, (not the same as redshirt) if you play under 30% you can claim it a free year so to speak. Typically it 5 to play 4, barring other circumstances

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From UNH game notes: "YORK AMONG LEADERS
                            Freshman Troy York ranks fifth among ECAC Hockey rookies in scoring with eight points ... He is also fifth in shots (28), sixth in assists (5), 12th in shooting percentage (10.7%) and sixth in blocked shots by a rookie forward (10)."

Comment

pregame interviews
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCTBWjxv3gQ
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The Schiano treatment of Morris is in full swing. Blue bloods never wanted him to begin with ...the excorcism is underway

Comment

Working...
                                X