This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Don’t “burn the tape”, instead put the last 12min. (of Reg.) on a loop & have them watch it over & over & over. NOT to see themselves implode but to see what drive & determination looks like & I’m talking about the kids from Brown. Bravo to them.
    This game was lost by the coach more than the players. Over playing a group of players on both special teams units lead to this loss. This was a tired team in the 3rd period and it could have been avoided. The coach had a timeout that he never used and should have been used after the 3rd goal.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
      This game was lost by the coach more than the players. Over playing a group of players on both special teams units lead to this loss. This was a tired team in the 3rd period and it could have been avoided. The coach had a timeout that he never used and should have been used after the 3rd goal.
      He pretty much admitted to that in the post-game interview.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
        Yeah, I kept thinking as Brown was rolling, “when is he going to call TO”. I really do expect this Team to rebound Tuesday.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

I don't remember feeling worse than I did last night after any other RPI game I've watched (potentially excepting the Game 3 loss to Dartmouth in 2014). Terrible.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I don't know what RPI was thinking about at the beginning of Saturday night's game, but 20 seconds after the opening faceoff, they were down 1-0. One could surmise that if they'd kept the puck out of their net for the first minute, the Engineers might have survived Brown's three-goal rally and won in regulation.

I don't know what RPI will be thinking about at the beginning of Wednesday night's game, either, but they'd better not come out for the opening faceoff still moping about what happened on Saturday. If they do, I expect UNH will be only too happy to take advantage, just as Brown did.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              I don't know what RPI was thinking about at the beginning of Saturday night's game, but 20 seconds after the opening faceoff, they were down 1-0. One could surmise that if they'd kept the puck out of their net for the first minute, the Engineers might have survived Brown's three-goal rally and won in regulation.
              I mean, RPI undoubtedly performs differently over the next 30 minutes if they're not immediately trailing. We certainly can't assume that RPI would lead 4-0 just by erasing the first goal.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                I don't remember feeling worse than I did last night after any other RPI game I've watched (potentially excepting the Game 3 loss to Dartmouth in 2014). Terrible.
                We did this about 3 or 4 times in the 07-08 season, so unfortunately some of us have become a bit used to it. Not to mention, after recalling doing it to Brown twice in 15-16, first thought was, "Is turnabout fair play?"

The key is going to be situational recovery. Do we learn from it? Or do we make the same mistake again? We know the choice a number of years ago, what do we choose this time?

Comment

I don't think the first goal by Brown really had an impact on the game. These things happen and RPI had 59 minutes to recover and reverse that goal. And they did. I agree time out would have helped when Brown was on the comeback trail and was building a full head of steam in the last half of the third. But more importantly, taking an offensive zone penalty at a critical time in the game was a HUGE mistake. I could understand taking a holding call or interference in the defensive zone because you are tired and the other team is swarming. But to skate down the ice behind their net and just pull the legs out from the defender. There was no attempt to play the body there. It looked almost like he thought about doing it and said, "What the hell." That, to me, was the sign RPI was going to lose. That would have been a good time for the TO. Seeing your team give up goals and then become very undisciplined was a sign that the reset button needed to be pushed. All that said....it might turn out to be the best thing that happens to this team. IF they learn from it? And if they go into the game Wednesday with the attitude: "We just came back from Ireland and we had two games just a few days ago. We're tired. And....", well then you will have your answer. The ghost of coaches past rattling the chains in the locker room. I know, I know all the Bah Humbug gloom and doom. But I very much hope it doesn't happen that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                    The ghost of coaches past rattling the chains in the locker room.
                    Ned Harkness/Mike Adessa/Buddy Powers or Dan Fridgen circa 2000-2006/Seth Appert?
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      Ned Harkness/Mike Adessa/Buddy Powers or Dan Fridgen circa 2000-2006/Seth Appert?
                      Jim Salfi
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I stand corrected....Jacob Appert. Woooooo. Was there a door knocker on Dave Smith's office door when he first moved in? Although I looked up Appert's USTDP Under 18 team and they seem to be doing pretty well. But then again when you get the players who are the cream of the crop, the winning is much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          I stand corrected....Jacob Appert. Woooooo. Was there a door knocker on Dave Smith's office door when he first moved in? Although I looked up Appert's USTDP Under 18 team and they seem to be doing pretty well. But then again when you get the players who are the cream of the crop, the winning is much easier.
                          Who is he?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            With UNH coming to Troy in a couple of days, let us not forget Rube Bjorkman.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

We have a new goalie recruit who is a '97, so he must be for next season. My guess is Perry is leaving.

Edit: On second thought since he is from the GOJHL, McBain may be more likely,.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-04-2017, 11:52 AM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                We have a new goalie recruit who is 97, so he must be for next season. My guess is Perry is leaving.

Edit: On second thought since he is from the GOJHL, McBain may be more likely,.
                                Perry wouldn't be able to transfer; he's already done that once. And given Marshall's been doing halfway OK (maybe with a little more training he'll be very solid), would have to be either St. Denis or McBain.

Comment

Working...
                                X