X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Did anyone who was at Saturday's game notice if the bracelets to support Kirsten Iwanski were being sold?
    Yes, they even had a little video about her on the Jumbotron.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Fair enough point. After dealing with some of the wackos in the Café...
      Hello, pot..

BTW, if Ralph can't do the countdown anymore, you can't do the resets
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Hello, pot..

BTW, if Ralph can't do the countdown anymore, you can't do the resets
        No one said he wasn't allowed to. He had mentioned however, prior to the Ohio State series, that he wasn't going to, so I found the re-neg a bit odd.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, I think you were right. Gambrell had the winning shoot out goal against Miami on Nov. 19, 2016. I only had to look at the games with shootouts or 3 x 3 OT, not every game.
                Websites are like Pick to Click--no points for shootouts.
                Last edited by vizoroo; 11-01-2017, 12:30 AM.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  tweet
                  I would have thought that of any of our goals this weekend, the Hayhurst breakaway would have been a top 5 play. Pretty impressive separation from the defense and he was able to roof it even after being fouled.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                  2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                  2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Jared Wilson is one of 20 nominees for the Senior Class Award. http://www.seniorclassaward.com/news...r_class_award/
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      I would have thought that of any of our goals this weekend, the Hayhurst breakaway would have been a top 5 play. Pretty impressive separation from the defense and he was able to roof it even after being fouled.
                      Both the Tironese and Hayhurst plays were great efforts and great finishes!

Comment

So here's a question I've been thinking about for quite some time....I think I have my own answer, but I'd really like to hear others first:

What will it take for RPI hockey to finally turn the corner and once again become a national college hockey powerhouse?

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                          So here's a question I've been thinking about for quite some time....I think I have my own answer, but I'd really like to hear others first:

What will it take for RPI hockey to finally turn the corner and once again become a national college hockey powerhouse?
                          $$$$$ and administrative backing and the right coach. Two of three the jury is out on and the third???

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post

It is not money. We can not compete with the big 10 schools and the midwest hockey powerhouses spending. We have to look at schools like Boston University and Boston College for the answers.
                            We certainly need the right coach, and only time will tell if we have our guy.
                            We need to recruit top talent, and that will only happen if we can start winning (can you say "catch 22"?). Also, HFH is a great barn for us fans, but it is not a great draw for recruits.
                            I don't know if we can ever become a powerhouse, but I do believe that we can be competitive, and we should be able to compete for an ECAC championship on a regular basis.
                            Only time will tell.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              It is not money. We can not compete with the big 10 schools and the midwest hockey powerhouses spending. We have to look at schools like Boston University and Boston College for the answers.
                              We certainly need the right coach, and only time will tell if we have our guy.
                              We need to recruit top talent, and that will only happen if we can start winning (can you say "catch 22"?). Also, HFH is a great barn for us fans, but it is not a great draw for recruits.
                              I don't know if we can ever become a powerhouse, but I do believe that we can be competitive, and we should be able to compete for an ECAC championship on a regular basis.
                              Only time will tell.
                              With all the brand new arenas popping up, combined with the feelings of nostalgia by many, something tells me we're going to be well positioned with the barn we have, so long as we keep it up to shape.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                With all the brand new arenas popping up, combined with the feelings of nostalgia by many, something tells me we're going to be well positioned with the barn we have, so long as we keep it up to shape.
                                Recruits are mostly looking for high end locker and training facilities. Otherwise HFH itself is fine with a few upgrades to modernize. Dan Jewell is the key for the near future - good move for the new coach to bring him onboard.

Comment

Working...
                                X