• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
    Three thoughts on this:
    1. I kinda like the look
    2. Get enough traffic in front of a goalie with those socks and shoot low and it has to be tough to find the puck
    3. Which one is Waldo?
    I thought that Waldo is in Cornell's band.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      The other names up for consideration are the Albany Empire, the Albany Machine, and the Albany Fire.
      I guess the names Albany Kickbacks and Albany Payola were already taken?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Comment

The Shoes return to Troy!

RPI 20, Union 14.

Comment

TU article on yesterday's game
            http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...c-12349246.php
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              The Shoes return to Troy!

RPI 20, Union 14.
              Congrats to the football team on winning the shoes for the 5th straight year and earning the Liberty League title and an NCAA playoff berth!
              Now back to hockey....

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Congrats to the football team on winning the shoes for the 5th straight year and earning the Liberty League title and an NCAA playoff berth!
                Now back to hockey....
                Before we go back to hockey-RPI football got what it deserved. After an extremely hard fought season including a terrible beating by Hobart, they showed grit and determination and won 8 of their ten games. Indeed deserving of the League Championship and now a bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament. Prob ably will draw a powerhouse in the first round and will be seeded in a position that it might take a team like Notre dame to win, but they are in the tournament and I suppose, as happened about a decade a go, anything can happen. Great job done by the boys and wonderfully work by the coaching staff. Go Red!
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  Before we go back to hockey-RPI football got what it deserved. After an extremely hard fought season including a terrible beating by Hobart, they showed grit and determination and won 8 of their ten games. Indeed deserving of the League Championship and now a bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament. Prob ably will draw a powerhouse in the first round and will be seeded in a position that it might take a team like Notre dame to win, but they are in the tournament and I suppose, as happened about a decade a go, anything can happen. Great job done by the boys and wonderfully work by the coaching staff. Go Red!
                  We aren't ranked in football, and it's 32 teams that qualify, so we're almost assuredly traveling. If travel is taken into account, we might be able to draw Brockport (highly unlikely). Maybe we'll get to play Delaware Valley (Doylestown PA). However, it wouldn't surprise me if we have the pleasure of heading to Alliance OH to play Mount Union; don't know if we have any recruits playing in Youngstown, though, which is nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    We aren't ranked in football, and it's 32 teams that qualify, so we're almost assuredly traveling. If travel is taken into account, we might be able to draw Brockport (highly unlikely). Maybe we'll get to play Delaware Valley (Doylestown PA). However, it wouldn't surprise me if we have the pleasure of heading to Alliance OH to play Mount Union; don't know if we have any recruits playing in Youngstown, though, which is nearby.
                    What is the relevance of having recruits in Youngstown?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      What is the relevance of having recruits in Youngstown?
                      If we play in Alliance, Youngstown isn't too far away if those who go want to catch a USHL game.

Comment

I think that this weekend was a good indication of what we can expect for this season.
                        We are young and learning a new system.
                        It is not like previous years when the upperclassmen are coming back to a system that they are familiar with and only the freshmen have to be brought up to speed.
                        Perry has been better than what we have seen the last two weekends, I expect that he will regain his confidence and play more like what we have come to expect.
                        We are going to be inconsistent for a while, but we should be learning along the way.
                        The one thing that I do like, is that we don't give up. We play to the end, no matter what the score.
                        This is not going to be an easy season, but when was the last time that we had an easy season?
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              Just glad we avoid Mount Union and Mary Hardin for the time being. Wesley is a very highly regarded team and it could all end in Delaware, but we have a chance. Having watched all the games this year, I have a lot of faith in our defense (against the run especially) and some faith in our offense to score. Will it be enough? Doubtful as i just do not think we can hold the score down enough and am predicting a 28-14 score against. But that is only a two TD difference against the number 16 rated team and a turnover here or there could make all the difference. This has been a very successful season and can only hope we can see the same by the end of March for our Hockey team.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                Just glad we avoid Mount Union and Mary Hardin for the time being. Wesley is a very highly regarded team and it could all end in Delaware, but we have a chance. Having watched all the games this year, I have a lot of faith in our defense (against the run especially) and some faith in our offense to score. Will it be enough? Doubtful as i just do not think we can hold the score down enough and am predicting a 28-14 score against. But that is only a two TD difference against the number 16 rated team and a turnover here or there could make all the difference. This has been a very successful season and can only hope we can see the same by the end of March for our Hockey team.
                                They beat William Paterson 66-0, while we won 45-0. So it looks like it will be a 21-point loss.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X