This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    She made a fundraising commitment, not an investment.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      Something more important, just read that Matt Graves passed on Saturday.
      I had heard he fought a valiant fight against his illness. God speed Matt
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

She made a fundraising commitment, not an investment.
        Exactly but they did pad those seats in Sec 9 where you sit.
        Last edited by AspyDad; 01-28-2018, 06:08 PM.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Exactly.
          AD that’s a far cry from a contingent-free guarantee to invest.

She could have very well said “I fully commit to fundraise $20M if you have a couple winning seasons”. You and I will never know thatnlevel of detail.
          Class of '93

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            but he doesn't disband an entire senate when they announce, through a vote, that they don't like him.
            See where that got Emperor Palpatine in star wars trilogy. Thx for kind words in ur message. Nice to see you at the game a few weeks ago yelling at refs. Best to dudette! At least, you missed me on thread.

Comment

AD that’s a far cry from a contingent-free guarantee to invest.

She could have very well said “I fully commit to fundraise $20M if you have a couple winning seasons”. You and I will never know thatnlevel of detail.
              But isn't that the Colton Point. She says something to get the heat off and will never, ever deliver. I agreed with on Achilles being the worst rink..isnt that enuf from me.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Thats one
                That's all you asked for.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see it's that time of year to re-start the excuse machine. And we're back on two of my favorites; admissions and facilities.

Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that the previous and current coaching staffs were told "Coach, we will invest in the facility, but you need demonstrate you can perform first. Get us to the ECAC Frozen Four once or twice, and then we will commit."

That seems like a rational, achievable ask (assume they are rational enough to pose these, whether they did or not is a separate debate )

What say you? In all of these excuse recycling sessions, the data of RPI being one of the worst performing programs in the ECAC over the last 10-15 years goes unmentioned. And I think we'd all agree the HFH is not the worst facility in the ECAC.

Thoughts?

We can touch on admissions later.
                  I don't think anyone's talking about admissions or facilities. Most of us are bellyakin' 'bout the empress. For the hand that Smith was dealt, he's playing it quite well. Now if we could manage to find a way to not shoot ourselves in the foot at the beginning of the game, we might actually look a bit better.

Comment

But isn't that the Colton Point. She says something to get the heat off and will never, ever deliver. I agreed with on Achilles being the worst rink..isnt that enuf from me.
                    Heat or not, I don’t know too many executives who would fund a program with $20M of improvements that hasn’t done jack in 15 years.

I appreciate The banter
                    Class of '93

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Easy AD, I wasn't calling you or anyone else anything. I just think that the people doing most of the complaining would be more comfortable with a conservative president. No matter what his/her policies might be.
                      This school does have a Board, doesn't it? If she was so bad, don't you think that they would do something about it?
                      I could care less about the person's political views. What I care about is that billions are being spent on glass walled buildings while tyrannically treating those that pay $200,000 to go there like a bunch of serfs, and taking millions for herself in the process. It's no wonder that alumni don't want to give her anything further.

As for the Board, they're in her pocket. Any dissent, and they're "retired". Same with the deans.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        Doesn't he control the senate? You have to wonder why they would vote that they don't like him.
                        I was referring more to the Faculty Senate disbandment when I was a student.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ok. Enough about Shirley. Lets get back to Hockey. Specifically the Mayor's Cup. I watched the post game comments. This game came down to two factors: A very flat start for a period and a quarter. And several (like 7 or 8) Grade A chances RPI did not bury. I applaud their resilience and willingness to fight back. But when you spot the other team 4 goals (a couple of which were soft) and then don't bury even 1 of your great chances ( and those 7 or 8 were not the one's they scored on), you are not going to win in D1 hockey. I was sitting there just counting the great chances they missed on. The question is ; how to you go from generating those opportunities ( and it was great, hard work that did that) to finishing? Is it just having a great scorer? I don't think so. And if you want to win, you have to put together a sixty minute game at this level. I remember feeling the same way under SA for a lot of games. What is the intangible that will take a team from decent to good and then good to great? Regardless of the star power on the team. Lastly, I couldn't help thinking while watching the game: The TU made ice, apparently, for 2 games. Pro hockey is a thing of the past ( although with a return of indoor football and basketball, Albany seems to be trying to jam that square peg into the round hole again, who knows?). But it was a good crowd Saturday afternoon and evening. You look at the pros when they do the outdoor games. They make it a hockey event involving other levels like college games to widen the atmosphere. Why not make it a Mayor's Cup weekend or week. Have a youth hockey and high school tournament ( for both boys and girls) there, open the rink for public skating, bring in a wider field for the Mayor's Cup (like the tournament RPI played in in Ireland) on the men's and women's side. I think a lot of things could be done to make it an even better event. Have a finale party on that Sunday with music like Moriah Formica or Sawyer Fredricks or bands from local colleges. It would be good for hockey, good for the teams, good for Albany. I cant help wonder how many more years this will go on there before the TU bows out. Then the fighting will begin about whose barn gets it when.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              Ok. Enough about Shirley. Lets get back to Hockey. Specifically the Mayor's Cup. I watched the post game comments. This game came down to two factors: A very flat start for a period and a quarter. And several (like 7 or 8) Grade A chances RPI did not bury. I applaud their resilience and willingness to fight back. But when you spot the other team 4 goals (a couple of which were soft) and then don't bury even 1 of your great chances ( and those 7 or 8 were not the one's they scored on), you are not going to win in D1 hockey. I was sitting there just counting the great chances they missed on. The question is ; how to you go from generating those opportunities ( and it was great, hard work that did that) to finishing? Is it just having a great scorer? I don't think so. And if you want to win, you have to put together a sixty minute game at this level. I remember feeling the same way under SA for a lot of games. What is the intangible that will take a team from decent to good and then good to great? Regardless of the star power on the team. Lastly, I couldn't help thinking while watching the game: The TU made ice, apparently, for 2 games. Pro hockey is a thing of the past ( although with a return of indoor football and basketball, Albany seems to be trying to jam that square peg into the round hole again, who knows?). But it was a good crowd Saturday afternoon and evening. You look at the pros when they do the outdoor games. They make it a hockey event involving other levels like college games to widen the atmosphere. Why not make it a Mayor's Cup weekend or week. Have a youth hockey and high school tournament ( for both boys and girls) there, open the rink for public skating, bring in a wider field for the Mayor's Cup (like the tournament RPI played in in Ireland) on the men's and women's side. I think a lot of things could be done to make it an even better event. Have a finale party on that Sunday with music like Moriah Formica or Sawyer Fredricks or bands from local colleges. It would be good for hockey, good for the teams, good for Albany. I cant help wonder how many more years this will go on there before the TU bows out. Then the fighting will begin about whose barn gets it when.
                              Finishing is definitely something sorely needed. I asked this question before, and I'll ask it again: Is this a case of not having the personnel to be able to finish, or do we have the players that have the ability to finish but haven't been practicing it so they end up exposing difficulty? How is Coach Graham, or even Coach Smith for that matter (after all he was a center when at tOSU, and it's very evident with our improvements in the faceoff department) when it comes to getting that talent out of these players that I have to believe the players have?

Comment

How many got the propaganda response from RPI about how SAJ is a despot?

Comment

Working...
                                X