This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Ogdensburg, NY. Now THAT is Upstate NY. Even FlagDude can’t dispute that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Ogdensburg, NY. Now THAT is Upstate NY. Even FlagDude can’t dispute that one.
      Indeed! It doesn't get much more "upper"than that.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        Indeed! It doesn't get much more "upper"than that.
        Technically, Massena and Malone are further north. However, all of St. Lawrence County is most decidedly upstate.

Comment

No present or known future RPI players appear on the November NHL CSB Players to Watch list. http://collegehockeyinc.com/2018-nhl...ov-ratings.php
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interview with Smith, and Reilly on the local news
            http://cbs6albany.com/sports/beyond-...es-will-reilly

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Did you notice whom the announcer said Princeton was playing on #5?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Did you notice whom the announcer said Princeton was playing on #5?
                  Yes but what else is new. Do you think RIT is referred to as RPI as much? Perhaps I should ask on the RIT Thread. What’s amazing is the PU player is skating right over the Rensselaer logo as he’s saying RIT.....not to mention the HUGE Engineers banner on the back glass.
                  Last edited by turk181; 11-16-2017, 07:55 PM.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Yes but what else is new. Do you think RIT is referred to as RPI as much? Perhaps I should ask on the RIT Thread. What’s amazing is the PU player is skating right over the Rensselaer logo as he’s saying RIT.....not to mention the HUGE Engineers banner on the back glass.

FWIW, the error was noted in the comments to the tweet.

I suspect that RIT does not have that problem.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      FWIW, the error was noted in the comments to the tweet.

I suspect that RIT does not have that problem.
                      I don’t want to harp it too much but that highlight tape was narrated by the same person with “RPI” being the very next clip followed by “RIT”. You would think it wouldn’t be asking much to get the name of the Teams correct......it is done by the NCAA after all. I could see the holes at espn doing it but the people of the NCAA?

Comment

I suspect that anyone going already has tickets:

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I assume, given WRPI's system and the ensuing international charges, that they won't be broadcasting this?

Comment

I don’t want to harp it too much but that highlight tape was narrated by the same person with “RPI” being the very next clip followed by “RIT”. You would think it wouldn’t be asking much to get the name of the Teams correct......it is done by the NCAA after all. I could see the holes at espn doing it but the people of the NCAA?
                            During last week's women's game, ESPN referred to us as Rochester Polytechnic Institute.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              That the evil four letter even acknowledges the existence of the sport, much less the college game is in and of itself remarkable.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                That the evil four letter even acknowledges the existence of the sport, much less the college game is in and of itself remarkable.
                                My son is a Div. I athlete (he runs cross country and track/field for...wait for it....TROY University) They compete in the Sun Belt Conference and the cross country finals were broadcast live on ESPNU this year. Let me tell you, that is not the most exciting of spectator sports. The point is if they can do that on ESPNU, I can't why there isn't more college hockey being shown. Thank goodness for RPITV !

Comment

Working...
                                X