X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    ....in 3 games with UW-Superior he has 2g & 2a.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      ....in 3 games with UW-Superior he has 2g & 2a.
      please give it a rest .... he choose to leave the program.

Comment

Donovan Ott will wear #22 http://www.rpiathletics.com/roster.a...87&path=hockey
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Saturday postgame interview
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwxydRt265A
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-14-2018, 06:45 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Ralph - I think you used the Ott roster link. Here's the post game:
            http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/2018/1/13/no-3-clarkson-beats-mens-hockey-3-0.aspx
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I have to disagree with Clarkson's level of respect. If they're going to be cocky enough to put in their backup against us, that shows a lack of respect for their opponent, and the same goes for Harvard.
              Not only did they start their backup, but Kielly didn't face a single shot in warmups. He just shot the **** with people by the bench for the whole 15 minute period.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                Not only did they start their backup, but Kielly didn't face a single shot in warmups. He just shot the **** with people by the bench for the whole 15 minute period.
                Well he needed a rest and he got one.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Ralph - I think you used the Ott roster link. Here's the post game:
                  http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...ockey-3-0.aspx
                  I think that you are correct except that I wanted to post the Youtube link.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that was the best-played weekend by the boys in quite some time. Pretty cohesive, pretty spirited play. Could have scored a few more against SLU, their time will come against CCT if they play like that.

All the noise about respect, backups, etc... I'm not sure what some of you expect. They don't play hockey by the Rules of Lord Faunterloy, and RPI has been one of, if not the EZAC doormat for the last 5 years. If you want respect, you gotta earn it, and stop whining.
                    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Just a thank you to RPI TV from a Harvard fan. Excellent coverage and I would have missed it if it was not for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                        I thought that was the best-played weekend by the boys in quite some time. Pretty cohesive, pretty spirited play. Could have scored a few more against SLU, their time will come against CCT if they play like that.

All the noise about respect, backups, etc... I'm not sure what some of you expect. They don't play hockey by the Rules of Lord Faunterloy, and RPI has been one of, if not the EZAC doormat for the last 5 years. If you want respect, you gotta earn it, and stop whining.
                        I totally agree with everything that you said. If we could just get some consistent goal scoring the rest of the way, we could wind up in the top eight of the league.
                        We are getting better, but we have to score more goals.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

Clarkson may have taken RPI for granted if you look at the use of the back up goalie and the 1st stringer not warming up. But any team that doesn't recognize that RPI stayed with them for 60 minutes and, depite the final score, gave them all they could handle is doomed in the playoffs. I said early on that teams that are hard to play against, no matter where they are in the standings, can make life very difficult for other, higher ranked teams in the playoffs. Think back a few years ago to Brown kicking us around pretty good. Or, despite losing, Princeton certainly gave Union all they could handle last year. The key moving forward is putting like 3 goals a game in the net. If Ott and Gornall (next season) can provide some front of the net presence and keep the defense occupied, that should free up guys like Hayhurst and Liljegren to use their skill and speed to do the rest. I would like to see more of Burke doing the same. He is the biggest guy on the team and could use that to his advantage out in front. If they continue to skate and play like this, all bets are off in the playoffs. If the playoffs started today, they would play Yale who are playing well of late (and have played 7 fewer games than RPI). Next weekend vs Brown and Yale should be a great test for the Engineers.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            If fans weren’t paying attention when they took the ice it might have appeared to be a brilliant strategy to get him used to the long stretches without shots that are characteristic of our offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post

Couldn't agree more. Well said.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

With classes beginning today, what are the chances that we see Ott in the lineup this weekend?
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X