This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

I thought someone might have jumped all over this, I guess not. I think its worth a look. https://www.ncaa.com/video/plays-of-the-week #2 stats at 60 second mark

Comment

Well, the link led to a nice ad for Rocket Mortgage.

After that, nothing but a blank screen.

Comment

Originally posted by WCTroller View Post
        I thought someone might have jumped all over this, I guess not. I think its worth a look. https://www.ncaa.com/video/plays-of-the-week #2 stats at 60 second mark
        I'm never able to actually view these.

ETA: Found it here: https://***********/NCAAIceHockey/st...56533533298692
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 02-08-2018, 09:13 PM.

Comment

It works for me on Chrome, but not on IE.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            It works for me on Chrome, but not on IE.
            Nifty steal and pass by Tironese and solid one timer by Wiffen.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
              I didn't think much of the play, since Tironese had his back to the goal and one behind, so didn't have much of a choice but to pass. Kudos to Wiffen for recognizing the opportunity while on an aggressive two-man forecheck; in the past, we'd just try to eat time in their zone. What was a bit sweeter, though, was the Lynah Faithful female dogging at the refs because their team had just been caught being the skating Mother Teresas.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                The best part of that play was Wiffen hitting the net. How many times this year have we had solid scoring opportunities and missed the net completely or hit a post.
                Great to see us bury one for a change.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  The best part of that play was Wiffen hitting the net. How many times this year have we had solid scoring opportunities and missed the net completely or hit a post.
                  Great to see us bury one for a change.
                  This. To add, he only had the goalie to beat and not any other blockers, along with plenty of room to see the whole net, which certainly helps with picking a target. Some of our other chances we either ran out of room, or had to deal with a blocker. Still, that read and recognition can use some improvement across the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I didn't think much of the play, since Tironese had his back to the goal and one behind, so didn't have much of a choice but to pass. Kudos to Wiffen for recognizing the opportunity while on an aggressive two-man forecheck; in the past, we'd just try to eat time in their zone. What was a bit sweeter, though, was the Lynah Faithful female dogging at the refs because their team had just been caught being the skating Mother Teresas.
                    What do you have against Tironese? It was a solid heads up play you think he just threw the puck blindly?

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                      What do you have against Tironese? It was a solid heads up play you think he just threw the puck blindly?
                      Wow, you completely misread the point I was trying to make. It was a good play, and the best play he had. I just don't think it was the 2nd best play of the week across the country. There were some highway robbery saves that seemed more deserving of top 5.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Wow, you completely misread the point I was trying to make. It was a good play, and the best play he had. I just don't think it was the 2nd best play of the week across the country. There were some highway robbery saves that seemed more deserving of top 5.
                          That’s not how it read to me

Comment

• Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                            Always defending Tironese...wonder why that is?? Hmm?… It was a good heads up play all around and most likely #2 in the weekly rankings because it was the game winner for a struggling 4 win team at the time against #1.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red9 View Post
                                Always defending Tironese...wonder why that is?? Hmm?… It was a good heads up play all around and most likely #2 in the weekly rankings because it was the game winner for a struggling 4 win team at the time against #1.
                                First off, welcome to the forums!

It's entirely possible that hockey parents join us on the forums, as we've had a few in the past. I don't know if there is a relationship between Norsemen and Evan Tironese, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility. Obviously some of us disagree on a "top 5" placement, but I can certainly understand the reasoning, as aside from the highway robbery save by the Princeton goalie, the lower-ranked plays weren't really as impressive. Plus, ET did make an effort to turn on goal, but thought better to pass if off to someone that didn't have a marker on him. I was pleased as punch to at least see that one right in front of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X