X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Yep, Perry is there, I'm doing the women on RPI-TV.
    Are you sure? All I hear is the PA.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      Yep, Perry is there, I'm doing the women on RPI-TV.
      Too much info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Are you sure? All I hear is the PA.
        There he is.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There he is.
          Sorry, stuck in traffic and the roads were iffy in Troy.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Harvard postgame
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0ooufX2uk
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yeesh... at this rate, we might not even get to a second thread.

Comment

Are we going to win another game...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Are we going to win another game...
                  We'll probably win out first round Bottom Feeders game.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

postgame interview
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ZJDhDZJ1A
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You are engineers. How about kirskoffs laws?

Comment

Well, Doc certainly got part of his wish with this. Now, how do we respond to this... the SLU game will be very telling.

Comment

Anyone else feel you are rooting for the 1962 NY Mets?
                          This team finds a new way to lose every game. The frustration on the players must be enormous.
                          I was at the Brown game where they built a big lead and gave it away. Last night, I watched them come back from a big deficit only to lose that.
                          The team has not been as bad as their record, but the goaltending has. We give up at least one bad goal every game. Some nights more than one. It has to eat at the players.
                          I thought that we had pretty solid goal tenders at the start of the season, but it certainly doesn't look that way now.
                          With all that, I will still not give up on them. It took the Mets seven years, but they won it all in 1969.
                          LGR
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Anyone else feel you are rooting for the 1962 NY Mets?
                            This team finds a new way to lose every game. The frustration on the players must be enormous.
                            I was at the Brown game where they built a big lead and gave it away. Last night, I watched them come back from a big deficit only to lose that.
                            The team has not been as bad as their record, but the goaltending has. We give up at least one bad goal every game. Some nights more than one. It has to eat at the players.
                            I thought that we had pretty solid goal tenders at the start of the season, but it certainly doesn't look that way now.
                            With all that, I will still not give up on them. It took the Mets seven years, but they won it all in 1969.
                            LGR
                            I can't conceive of myself rooting for the Mets.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Certainly this interview and Coach Smith's body language indicates a level of frustration is settling in. I think that it's very easy to let the "we are what we are" attitude take over making further progress harder to achieve. I really do believe this team has the ability to beat any team. Consistency, as we all well know, is very hard to achieve and maintain week in and week out. That being said, this is a team that could take advantage of other team's weak moments and capitalize on them. And the confidence that creates will help them win games this current team isn't winning. The big question is how to get every player to go out every shift and be a thorn in the other team's side. The philosophy of getting better every shift, every period, every game seems to have run into a roadblock. Because at this point in the season all teams are starting to fire on all cylinders making wins harder and harder to get. So, absent stars, taking shifts or periods or games off cannot be overcome for a team with no real stars.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                                Certainly this interview and Coach Smith's body language indicates a level of frustration is settling in. I think that it's very easy to let the "we are what we are" attitude take over making further progress harder to achieve. I really do believe this team has the ability to beat any team. Consistency, as we all well know, is very hard to achieve and maintain week in and week out. That being said, this is a team that could take advantage of other team's weak moments and capitalize on them. And the confidence that creates will help them win games this current team isn't winning. The big question is how to get every player to go out every shift and be a thorn in the other team's side. The philosophy of getting better every shift, every period, every game seems to have run into a roadblock. Because at this point in the season all teams are starting to fire on all cylinders making wins harder and harder to get. So, absent stars, taking shifts or periods or games off cannot be overcome for a team with no real stars.
                                If only there were a way to tap into that frustration and use it as a motivator.....

"I'm Mad as H^ll and I'm not going to take it any more!"
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X