X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    First off, welcome to the forums!

It's entirely possible that hockey parents join us on the forums, as we've had a few in the past. I don't know if there is a relationship between Norsemen and Evan Tironese, but it's not outside of the realm of possibility. Obviously some of us disagree on a "top 5" placement, but I can certainly understand the reasoning, as aside from the highway robbery save by the Princeton goalie, the lower-ranked plays weren't really as impressive. Plus, ET did make an effort to turn on goal, but thought better to pass if off to someone that didn't have a marker on him. I was pleased as punch to at least see that one right in front of me.
    Sorry to disappoint. No relationship to Tironese. Just a fan of RPI hockey and hockey in general

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
      Sorry to disappoint. No relationship to Tironese. Just a fan of RPI hockey and hockey in general
      No disappoint from me; the more, the merrier.

Comment

Well there was no" resilience" against Dartmouth. As I said before......Gaudet is a good coach. Graber is an exceptional player. Dartmouth came to play and play they did. Their forecheck was intense and smothering and they play their positions very well. They are big, fast, and are hard to play against. They will give Union all they can handle tonight. RPI looked flat, not ready to play. They only had one game this weekend and left an awful lot off the ice. My take away is that RPI did not look like they were having fun out there. Again, Marshall gave up a few he shouldn't have, but he had little help. I am glad St Denis was given a (brief) opportunity. I hope Liljegren is OK, but it did not look promising as he left the ice. RPI has to win all it's remaining games to match last season. They can mail me my refund for the 1st round playoff tickets any day they want. And some people here thought having the last game be the freakout was a bad idea. Any port in the storm......

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
          Well there was no" resilience" against Dartmouth. As I said before......Gaudet is a good coach. Graber is an exceptional player. Dartmouth came to play and play they did. Their forecheck was intense and smothering and they play their positions very well. They are big, fast, and are hard to play against. They will give Union all they can handle tonight. RPI looked flat, not ready to play. They only had one game this weekend and left an awful lot off the ice. My take away is that RPI did not look like they were having fun out there. Again, Marshall gave up a few he shouldn't have, but he had little help. I am glad St Denis was given a (brief) opportunity. I hope Liljegren is OK, but it did not look promising as he left the ice. RPI has to win all it's remaining games to match last season. They can mail me my refund for the 1st round playoff tickets any day they want. And some people here thought having the last game be the freakout was a bad idea. Any port in the storm......
          Rooting for this team this year has been a roller coaster ride. In spite of their record, there have been many more ups that you would expect.
          Even in the losses, they have been competitive and they have played with way more intensity than in previous years. I for one like the direction that we are going in. Marshall has certainly let in his number or soft goals, but he is a freshman and looks really good for the future.
          I wouldn't be looking for any refunds, as the team has shown that they can beat anyone when they play to their potential.
          Don't give up just yet.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Dartmouth, after walking all over RPI, goes to Union and outplays an illness weakened team and a hot goalie and can't seal the deal. Because Union is a resilient team. Also of note.....Cornell has 2 goals in last 3 games. That won't fly in the playoffs. And their Captain is out for the year. So the question will be in the ECAC, who fills that void? I suspect Union is that team and will be back in the top 20 this week. And they certainly deserve to be. But I don't see the ECAC having any impact on the NCAA's. Nor Hockey East. That won't bode well for attendance at the East and Northeast regionals.

Comment

I guess my point re: refunds is there won't be any home ice this year ( and that was probably the case a few weekends ago). And I agree there have been ups this year, just like there were last year and the years before. There were bright spots then ,too. I am not giving up. I have stuck it through for over 25 years and I plan to continue. I will give Coach Smith his opportunity to put his stamp on this team. And I am realistic. We will likely never be a perennial top 4 in the ECAC. . But roller coasters are thrill rides. Just haven't had enough arms in the air, screaming moments on this version.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                Dartmouth, after walking all over RPI, goes to Union and outplays an illness weakened team and a hot goalie and can't seal the deal. Because Union is a resilient team. Also of note.....Cornell has 2 goals in last 3 games. That won't fly in the playoffs. And their Captain is out for the year. So the question will be in the ECAC, who fills that void? I suspect Union is that team and will be back in the top 20 this week. And they certainly deserve to be. But I don't see the ECAC having any impact on the NCAA's. Nor Hockey East. That won't bode well for attendance at the East and Northeast regionals.
                True that Cornell is in a scoring drought, but it appears that Vanderlaan will return for the playoffs, which will be a nice boost. But before then Cornell needs to re-start the offense if it expects to be playing deep into the postseason

Comment

Any news on the Swede's injury ?
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    ??? Bump back to P.1
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Day to day. No broken bones. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s out until Senior night.

Comment

Somehow I missed this RPI connection.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Somehow I missed this RPI connection.
                          Don't worry RB, the good folks in the athletics dept didn't bother to give Milos an Olympic stick tap on the Jumbotron during last weekend's game. . Why bother giving the RPI faithful a feel-good proud moment during an otherwise painful season?? Yet another fail at HFH brought to you by the law firm of MacElroy Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Don't worry RB, the good folks in the athletics dept didn't bother to give Milos an Olympic stick tap on the Jumbotron during last weekend's game. . Why bother giving the RPI faithful a feel-good proud moment during an otherwise painful season?? Yet another fail at HFH brought to you by the law firm of MacElroy Jackson
                            ......still awaiting NHL Posters for; Zalewski, Kasdorf, Burgdoerfer & “the Gold-en Boy”, JerryD.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              ......still awaiting NHL Posters for; Zalewski, Kasdorf, Burgdoerfer & “the Gold-en Boy”, JerryD.
                              Did JerryD ever play in the big one? Did York make it to said area?

As I mosey back over to the alumni thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                BTW, NBCSN will have Milos’ game vs USA Wed. morning @ 6:30am.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X