X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Bu my count, we are back to 21 forwards for next season. 14 returnees including Ott, Gornall, and 6 newcomers (Bendorf, Ashbrook, Lee, Linden, Lacka, DiGrande).
    We presently have 15 forwards. One graduates (Liljegren), four must start next year on account of age, and Gornall on account of a transfer. That brings us to 19. I have a feeling there'll be more deferrals, notably Ashbrook and Lacka. Maybe also a cut or two, but who knows.

Comment

Earlier this year turk and i had a conversation on how small the incoming forward recruits were overall . it looks as though Smith felt the same way and decided to do something about it!!

Comment

FWIW, it’s a little ironic that #26 in the latest USCHO poll, is ranked #26.
        Is Donovan Ott practicing with the team already? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
          Earlier this year turk and i had a conversation on how small the incoming forward recruits were overall . it looks as though Smith felt the same way and decided to do something about it!!
          I don't mind so much about the size if you have the skill and speed to back it up. Some of our players most certainly do, but I don't blame Coach Smith for not wanting to go for that crapshoot.

Comment

Random.. If im Todd Burgess I would be so discouraged with how things have gone the last few years with injuries.If it weren`t for bad luck....

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
              Random.. If im Todd Burgess I would be so discouraged with how things have gone the last few years with injuries.If it weren`t for bad luck....
              FWIW, I saw him Tuesday night walking around without the sling, so hopefully he's back in the lineup soon.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                We presently have 15 forwards. One graduates (Liljegren), four must start next year on account of age, and Gornall on account of a transfer. That brings us to 19. I have a feeling there'll be more deferrals, notably Ashbrook and Lacka. Maybe also a cut or two, but who knows.
                I think cuts are more likely., or maybe both. Bendorf can also defer although his recent tweet makes it sound like he won't. I would be surprised of Lacka defers, Ashbrook maybe.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
                  FWIW, I saw him Tuesday night walking around without the sling, so hopefully he's back in the lineup soon.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think cuts are more likely., or maybe both. Bendorf can also defer although his recent tweet makes it sound like he won't. I would be surprised of Lacka defers, Ashbrook maybe.
                    It's possible Bendorf could defer... when they say teammates, it doesn't necessarily mean all four years.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      It's possible Bendorf could defer... when they say teammates, it doesn't necessarily mean all four years.
                      To me "soon enough" sounds like Fall 2018.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                        I remember. It does seem Smith is bringing in bigger players & nastier.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          I remember. It does seem Smith is bringing in bigger players & nastier.
                          3.5*. That's how it goes.

Reid Leibold liked the post. I wonder where they crossed paths since there is a large age difference.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I’m getting old. I just remembered there was a kid sitting behind me Tues. & I thought he had the look of a player, jacket & tie. Now that I just googled Ott’s image, yeah that was him.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

3.5*. That's how it goes.

Reid Leibold liked the post. I wonder where they crossed paths since there is a large age difference.
                              After seeing these Ratings for a time now my guess the difference between a 3.5 & a 4+ would be the skating. Perhaps Ott was more familiar with Leibold’s older brother, Ryan? Ryan currently plays in the USHL & is an Army commit.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                Perhaps Ott was more familiar with Leibold’s older brother, Ryan? Ryan currently plays in the USHL & is an Army commit.
                                That could be.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X