• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

It's time to start this.

Old thread: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...possible-Dream
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Last year's jersey set was ranked the #49th best in this extremely comprehensive list by Mark Majewski:
    https://spark.adobe.com/page/eAvJ26lQ87rcf/

49th was at least better than Union, Quinnipiac, and our win percent rank from last year .
    RPI Class of 2012
    Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Glad you started the thread-about time we get ready.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It was brought up in the previous Thread but I’ll Post it here. The Bucs did not sign Andrew Franks instead they signed former Saints & Browns kicker Patrick Murray....... The Bucs had invited Murray, Josh Lambo (former Chargers kicker), Marshall Koehn (former Iowa kicker), Cairo Santos (former Chiefs kicker), Andrew Franks (former Dolphins kicker) and Mike Nugent (veteran NFL kicker) to Tampa Bay on Monday for workouts.
        Read more at http://cover32.com/2017/10/09/buccan...gXxbSKok7r8.99
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 10 October 2017. There are 3 days until RPI's next game.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Glad you started the thread-about time we get ready.
            It might have been better if I had not called the previous one preseason.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
              Last year's jersey set was ranked the #49th best in this extremely comprehensive list by Mark Majewski:
              https://spark.adobe.com/page/eAvJ26lQ87rcf/

49th was at least better than Union, Quinnipiac, and our win percent rank from last year .
              It would have ranked higher with Puckman on the front.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Now that we have a season thread going, what sort of expectations are there...

Personally, going into conference play, I'd be happy with 2-2, delighted with 3-1, but wouldn't be surprised at 1-3. tOSU I'd be happy to see a split, but not holding my breath. I still just have a bad feeling about the Niagara game, as we seem to always have difficulty vs. them. RIT we obviously can't look past (kind of tough anyway because it's the last of the four, but you get the idea), but hopefully it goes well. As said before, the expectation I have is good team cohesion under a new system, with signs of progress in all facets of the game, and sustained progress for the PP.

Comment

Bring on osu. I'm assuming each goalie will get a start. I saw smith talk to more players during game then appert did in a year. Also about 4 mins left in the game rpi offense wasn't forechecking and smith was screaming for about 15 seconds at them on the ice
                  I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Coach Smith was on Roger Wylands radio show this AM. I didn't hear it, caught the sign off. It might be "podcastable"...dunno. 104.5 the Team.
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 10-10-2017, 10:29 AM.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 11 October 2017. There are 2 days until RPI's next game.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On paper this is of course an untested young team with seemingly less talent than what SA had to work with in the past years. Should be able to judge what type of coach we now have rather quickly. If this team exceeds expectations, especially early, this new coach will deserve a ton of credit. Absolutely no way to know at this point what we have and we could be a bottom 20 team or a top 20 team by the end of the season. I just hope for an exciting season without the drama we have been seeing of late. After all of the years, Jen and I will still never give up on the boys. BTW Princeton tickets went on sale yesterday morning and were selling like hot cakes. For those thinking of attending, we have our usual seats in section 123 (center ice of course). Tickets are $12 this year and $1 handling fee is added to each ticket (so why not just say that it is $13?) and if you want them mailed you have to add $5 but you can print them for free or have them kept at the box office. If you cannot find an arena diagram (for some odd reason Princeton removed it from their site) the best seats are sections 121-124. Try to avoid the seats behind the goal or in the upper deck (also behind the goal). You can rather easily on their site actually pick your seats from what is available and as of today there is still a bunch of really good seats open.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            On paper this is of course an untested young team with seemingly less talent than what SA had to work with in the past years. Should be able to judge what type of coach we now have rather quickly. If this team exceeds expectations, especially early, this new coach will deserve a ton of credit. Absolutely no way to know at this point what we have and we could be a bottom 20 team or a top 20 team by the end of the season. I just hope for an exciting season without the drama we have been seeing of late. After all of the years, Jen and I will still never give up on the boys. BTW Princeton tickets went on sale yesterday morning and were selling like hot cakes. For those thinking of attending, we have our usual seats in section 123 (center ice of course). Tickets are $12 this year and $1 handling fee is added to each ticket (so why not just say that it is $13?) and if you want them mailed you have to add $5 but you can print them for free or have them kept at the box office. If you cannot find an arena diagram (for some odd reason Princeton removed it from their site) the best seats are sections 121-124. Try to avoid the seats behind the goal or in the upper deck (also behind the goal). You can rather easily on their site actually pick your seats from what is available and as of today there is still a bunch of really good seats open.

Of course, RPI could be a mid 20 team
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              Of course, RPI could be a mid 20 team
                              If we are in the upper half of that group we should have an ECAC coach of the year candidate (won't win). If we are in the top 20 he should win.

I thought the team played pretty well against a good St. Mary's team that had 3 games under their belts. I looked at their roster and there was only one St. Mary's player without Major Junior experience. Oddly enough, it was Rapaci, whose sister plays for RPI and he looked pretty good. I wish we'd gotten a package deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X