X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I thought this wasn't going to happen this year.

http://www.troyrecord.com/government...rently-program
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If RPI wants to be the only Division I college hockey program to designate one of its home games as Autism Awareness Night, I suppose that's a noble thing for RPI to do.

Still, it seems to me that if RPI forbids the band to play and forbids the goal horn to sound and generally discourages any sort of raucous cheering, RPI is giving up a considerable portion of its home ice advantage for that one game.

Nobody asked me, but if they had, I would have suggested that Autism Awareness Night be scheduled against a non-league opponent, instead of a league game.

I shudder to think what any Division I FBS football coach would say if somebody proposed that one of his home games be designated as Autism Awareness Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          If RPI wants to be the only Division I college hockey program to designate one of its home games as Autism Awareness Night, I suppose that's a noble thing for RPI to do.

Still, it seems to me that if RPI forbids the band to play and forbids the goal horn to sound and generally discourages any sort of raucous cheering, RPI is giving up a considerable portion of its home ice advantage for that one game.

Nobody asked me, but if they had, I would have suggested that Autism Awareness Night be scheduled against a non-league opponent, instead of a league game.

I shudder to think what any Division I FBS football coach would say if somebody proposed that one of his home games be designated as Autism Awareness Day.
          I agree with you 100%. This Friday’s game against Maine would have been a far better choice. It’s going t9 be a lot quieter game with a 4 PM weekday start and having the students on break means a limited band at best.
          Happy Holidays to all my fellow posters out there!

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            I agree with you 100%. This Friday’s game against Maine would have been a far better choice. It’s going t9 be a lot quieter game with a 4 PM weekday start and having the students on break means a limited band at best.
            Happy Holidays to all my fellow posters out there!
            I agree too.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Put it against CCT.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Put it against CCT.
                Their football team?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

HFH has been getting quieter & quieter the last couple of years. I sit on the student side & it’s nowhere near the volume it was just 2yrs ago. Just to get a different perspective, last year I sat on the “townie” side for a game. I was amazed/saddened how little noise came from the opposite side. Now, I know, last year was an atrocious year but.....
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    HFH has been getting quieter & quieter the last couple of years. I sit on the student side & it’s nowhere near the volume it was just 2yrs ago. Just to get a different perspective, last year I sat on the “townie” side for a game. I was amazed/saddened how little noise came from the opposite side. Now, I know, last year was an atrocious year but.....
                    In a few years there won't be a need for Autism Awareness Day. Seriously, it probably only needs a winning team to start to reverse that trend.

As you know, since the RPI Tourney has stopped I have been attending regular season games, usually while class is in session, student attendance is nowhere near what it was then for many reasons, but the enthusiasm is not nearly what it was in the mid- to late 1960s with teams at a similar level or even worse.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      1) there's wi-fi in the field house now, so most students are unaware theres a hockey game going on where they could get hit with a frozen black disk.

2) there's pizza there, so when they aren't hungry anymore, they leave

3) they don't pay for tickets, so they don't care.

4) A lot of RPI students probably don't know what a hockey puck is.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post

Do you mean that they don't talk about "frictionless pucks" in physics lectures anymore? (or the spoonerism of that which seemed very funny when I was a freshman )
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ALL i want for Xmas is some freakin wins
                          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            ALL i want for Xmas is some freakin wins
                            Pray for the poor St. Lawrence fans.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Pray for the poor St. Lawrence fans.
                              They will be playing us on Autism Awareness Night. What more can we do?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                1) there's wi-fi in the field house now, so most students are unaware theres a hockey game going on where they could get hit with a frozen black disk.

2) there's pizza there, so when they aren't hungry anymore, they leave

3) they don't pay for tickets, so they don't care.

When'd they start subsidizing the student tickets? I remember having to pay...

Comment

Working...
                                X