Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Re: RPI Hockey 2017 - 2018: A Wealth of Notions

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    AD, I read all of you articles and stand by my statement. Shirley/Donald rule the same way.
    I wonder what might be said of her if she were an old white conservative male?
    I would consider her a failure. In all metrics the school is failing. https://renewrensselaer.org/ Should I not be able to make a statement about her performance because of race; that is absurd and it stifles debate. If you want to call me a racist go ahead but I am talking about her performance. She pledged more support for the program and there has been nothing to date. Thanks for taking the high road.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that the previous and current coaching staffs were told "Coach, we will invest in the facility, but you need demonstrate you can perform first. Get us to the ECAC Frozen Four once or twice, and then we will commit."
    7th paragraph she made commitment. http://www.troyrecord.com/article/TR...ORTS/170519957
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

And I think we'd all agree the HFH is not the worst facility in the ECAC.

Thoughts?
    Agreed, Salt Shed in Schenectady is worst.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AspyDad View Post
    I would consider her a failure. In all metrics the school is failing. https://renewrensselaer.org/ Should I not be able to make a statement about her performance because of race; that is absurd and it stifles debate. If you want to call me a racist go ahead but I am talking about her performance. She pledged more support for the program and there has been nothing to date. Thanks for taking the high road.
    Easy AD, I wasn't calling you or anyone else anything. I just think that the people doing most of the complaining would be more comfortable with a conservative president. No matter what his/her policies might be.
    This school does have a Board, doesn't it? If she was so bad, don't you think that they would do something about it?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Trump is not a despot. He might be eccentric, but he doesn't disband an entire senate when they announce, through a vote, that they don't like him.
    Doesn't he control the senate? You have to wonder why they would vote that they don't like him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Easy AD, I wasn't calling you or anyone else anything. I just think that the people doing most of the complaining would be more comfortable with a conservative president. No matter what his/her policies might be.
    This school does have a Board, doesn't it? If she was so bad, don't you think that they would do something about it?
    Name me one College that has a conservative prez. The Board are all her ppl. She appointed them. Ok, you win, the junk bond status bond rating, the autocratic nature of the union takeover, the pension be basically insolvent are good things. Long live Shirley.

Name me one College that has a conservative prez. The Board are all her ppl. She appointed them. Ok, you win, the junk bond status bond rating, the autocratic nature of the union takeover, the pension be basically insolvent are good things. Long live Shirley.
    Liberty University

I'm an Implant Engineer

Something more important, just read that Matt Graves passed on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Liberty University
    Thats one

I'm an Implant Engineer
    She made a fundraising commitment, not an investment.

Something more important, just read that Matt Graves passed on Saturday.
    I had heard he fought a valiant fight against his illness. God speed Matt

She made a fundraising commitment, not an investment.
    Exactly but they did pad those seats in Sec 9 where you sit.
    Last edited by AspyDad; 01-28-2018 at 07:08 PM.

I'm an Implant Engineer
    Exactly.
    AD that’s a far cry from a contingent-free guarantee to invest.

She could have very well said “I fully commit to fundraise $20M if you have a couple winning seasons”. You and I will never know thatnlevel of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    but he doesn't disband an entire senate when they announce, through a vote, that they don't like him.
    See where that got Emperor Palpatine in star wars trilogy. Thx for kind words in ur message. Nice to see you at the game a few weeks ago yelling at refs. Best to dudette! At least, you missed me on thread.

AD that’s a far cry from a contingent-free guarantee to invest.

She could have very well said “I fully commit to fundraise $20M if you have a couple winning seasons”. You and I will never know thatnlevel of detail.
    But isn't that the Colton Point. She says something to get the heat off and will never, ever deliver. I agreed with on Achilles being the worst rink..isnt that enuf from me.

Thats one
    That's all you asked for.

Made in the USA

I see it's that time of year to re-start the excuse machine. And we're back on two of my favorites; admissions and facilities.

Has it ever crossed anyone's mind that the previous and current coaching staffs were told "Coach, we will invest in the facility, but you need demonstrate you can perform first. Get us to the ECAC Frozen Four once or twice, and then we will commit."

That seems like a rational, achievable ask (assume they are rational enough to pose these, whether they did or not is a separate debate )

What say you? In all of these excuse recycling sessions, the data of RPI being one of the worst performing programs in the ECAC over the last 10-15 years goes unmentioned. And I think we'd all agree the HFH is not the worst facility in the ECAC.

Thoughts?

We can touch on admissions later.
    I don't think anyone's talking about admissions or facilities. Most of us are bellyakin' 'bout the empress. For the hand that Smith was dealt, he's playing it quite well. Now if we could manage to find a way to not shoot ourselves in the foot at the beginning of the game, we might actually look a bit better.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

I'm an Implant Engineer
    But isn't that the Colton Point. She says something to get the heat off and will never, ever deliver. I agreed with on Achilles being the worst rink..isnt that enuf from me.
    Heat or not, I don’t know too many executives who would fund a program with $20M of improvements that hasn’t done jack in 15 years.

I appreciate The banter

Made in the USA

I could care less about the person's political views. What I care about is that billions are being spent on glass walled buildings while tyrannically treating those that pay $200,000 to go there like a bunch of serfs, and taking millions for herself in the process. It's no wonder that alumni don't want to give her anything further.

As for the Board, they're in her pocket. Any dissent, and they're "retired". Same with the deans.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information